ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Alumni Team in the TBT

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Some interesting stuff. The Untouchables are now called the Zoo Crew to have a more Pitt-themed name. Also, the Zoo is a fan booster (you have to get enough twitter votes to get in). However, Wanamaker, Gil, Dixon, and Ricky Harris have left the team to join a team from Baltimore. I think I remember a Baltimore-based team being pretty good last year but I dont remember. Anyone know which team they are on?

The only players currently for the Zoo Crew are Fields, Gibbs, and Graves.

It'll be interesting to see if Blair plays this year and which team he chooses. I'd like to see him on a Pitt-based team but he could also go play with Overseas Elite, the back to back champs (DJ Kennedy's team). Would be cool to see the Schenley boys Kennedy, Kane, and Blair run things.

That sucks that Wanamaker, Gil, and Dixon left the team. I did not see that. What about McGhee? He played last year. I was looking forward to watching this team more than the actual Pitt hoops team next year.

Not sure about McGhee.

City of Gods was the Baltimore team from last year I was thinking of. I'm not sure if that's the team they are joining.

In a way, this is kinda a good thing because it creates 2 Pitt teams to root for. My guess is Wanamaker and Gil, who are playing at high levels in Europe want the 2 mil and are trying to get on a team with the best shot of beating Overseas Elite.

I hate to say it but unless that Pitt team can get Blair, I dont see them getting out of the regionals. Fields and Gibbs don't play pro ball and won't be in the best of shape and Graves is a role player.

If I were them, I'd go after Blair, McGee, Kendall and Zanna and try to mash people on the glass. Pitt simply hasnt produced enough high quality guards to be competitive. You're looking at guys like Cam Wright, Woodall, JJ Moore, maybe Ronald Ramon has something left.

maybe Ronald Ramon has something left.

He's currently a starter for the best team in Brazil, so I'd guess that he does.

Good for him. That's not a bad league. Better than the lower-level European leagues for sure.

Assuming, we can get EVERY Pitt alum besides Brown, Wanamaker, and Dixon, what would our 10 man roster be?

PG - Fields
SG - Ramon
SF - Graves
PF - Blair
C - McGhee

2nd Team
PG - Woodall
SG - Gibbs
SF - Wright
PF - Kendall
C - Zanna

Am I forgetting anybody?

Last edited:
Good for him. That's not a bad league. Better than the lower-level European leagues for sure.

Assuming, we can get EVERY Pitt alum besides Brown, Wanamaker, and Dixon, what would our 10 man roster be?

PG - Fields
SG - Ramon
SF - Graves
PF - Blair
C - McGhee

2nd Team
PG - Woodall
SG - Graves
SF - Wright
PF - Kendall
C - Zanna

Am I forgetting anybody?