ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt at Wake Forest

Dointhatrag

Sophomore
Sep 3, 2017
Line opens with Pitt the 1.5 underdog. Anxious to see if last week was a turning point for this season to build on or just an anomaly.

I’ll be at the game with my son. It’s a nice little college stadium and weather is supposed to be dry and mid/low 60s for kick off. It’s off campus as well and only 31k.

Line opens with Pitt the 1.5 underdog. Anxious to see if last week was a turning point for this season to build on or just an anomaly.

I’ll be at the game with my son. It’s a nice little college stadium and weather is supposed to be dry and mid/low 60s for kick off. It’s off campus as well and only 31k.
Have you been there before? I'm thinking about making the hour drive. Easy to find someplace to park? Is there tailgating lots? Thanks.

Yes plenty of parking and I don’t expect a huge crowd this year. . I was there when Pitt clinched the coastal. I didn’t see a ton of tailgating.

Reactions: FireballZ
It definitely has a large high school/mid major feel. Anyone else going or will we be sitting there in empty stands. If going I would wait until game day to buy the tickets if you are local/regional even though they show almost sell outs for their first three home games.

I was there too. Parked right outside the stadium like a HS game. Nice MAC-level stadium.

Their stands were so close to the field that the angle I had being down below was actually unenjoyable. It was like watching the game from the sidelines, and you couldn't see anything develop.

I still liked their stadium, but that was just something I wasn't used to. Definitely not all that far from being a MAC stadium (and I don't think they even come all that close to filling it, usually), albeit probably a little nicer than most of them, which makes their success all the more impressive.

They're still a well coached team but with a pretty weak offense. The Virginia Tech game may have really exposed just the lack of talent on that side of the ball. I imagine we'll stuff the run and trust our DBs to make plays against a team that doesn't have a lot of big gains. Hopefully we can score at least some points and pull off the most minor of upsets.

Is this game at 3:30 on ACCN? the ACCN listings show GT vs Bowling Green, but that game was played 3 weeks ago :)

If you go, don't make any fake slide jokes. They're still kind of touchy about it.
Eh. If they get mad (and I can’t imagine they care much), just say the jokes on Pitt fans now because he’s being regularly ripped to shreds in Pgh both on and off the field

For the first time since the 1940's, Pitt is wearing a white helmet!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT