ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Basketball Game Thread, All Gas, No brakes

Fede also looks quicker or bigger or more confident. That breaking the press was super smooth for an opening game.

Team looks pretty good. Leggett has some moves, Lowe looks like he has a wild shot. Did he even look at the hoop when he shot that last one?
Bub looks smooth.
Twins playin some D.
Should be a fun year.

I can't get it. It's espn+, which I think is an extra charge . I tried, but they wanted me to subscribe.
Surprised. I figured this was just on the platform but wouldn’t require a subscription. Like ACCNX or ESPN3 was (I think).

It’s my only “extra” subscription so I have it on but it’s possible I haven’t a clue what I’m talking about above.

Pitt opens up a 25-11 lead, 7 minutes to go

Carrington has 4 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 assists. Is he going to get a triple double in game 1?

Defense has been lights out. Our opponent is shooting 17%

Fede and Guillermo have looked really good.

Jaland Lowe needs to take a breath and settle down. He's forcing. He wants to score. It will come. Take a breather and get into the flow of the offense.

The twins are definitely the wild cards. If they play well Pitt can make a run.
Jorge killing it. 12 points.

I love the oop at the end instead of Hinson trying to drive to the basket. That showed some maturity and growth. I get it free with Hulu live

Last edited:
50-15 halftime.

14 assists as a team in the first half

+18 rebound margin at the half

Pitt is shooting 55% as a team

4 total turnovers as a team

The 2 worst offensive possessions in the half were both by Hinson, our captain. An unnecessary fadeaway jumper which was a poor shot, and a wild dribble drive.

Jaland Lowe, the pressure is completely off. Just get into the flow of the offense. 2 of his last possessions were great, 1 perfect assist pass, 1 wideopen missed 3 missed by Jeffress from a perfect Lowe pass.

Team passing looked great. Jorge is fired up and leads the team in points with 12.

All gas no brakes, keep the gas pedal to the floor all 2nd half. Lets go!!!

Hopefully he gets to the line more often that not - it’s early but his offensive game - ooooooofffffff.
He’s taken one shot lol. Honestly he will likely be on floor at end of games for D and we will need the free throws. I’m more worried about Lowe or Austin. Jeffress was never advertised as a scorer.

Carrington looks really good. Under complete control. Pitt looks very athletic. I'm excited. I understand poor competition but we have length and look quick

Reactions: TIGER-PAUL
He’s taken one shot lol. Honestly he will likely be on floor at end of games for D and we will need the free throws. I’m more worried about Lowe or Austin. Jeffress was never advertised as a scorer.
It wasn’t just the shot.

But yea he can still fill role. One without the ball in his hands.

Seven footers draining 3’s a new era is starting !

Carrington has the looks of best all around freshman pg I can remember .

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Scoreboard watching first time tonight and ACC not making a case for strong Nets. ND struggling. Wake down big early. Louisville maybe pulls it out against UMBC.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT