ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Basketball

TheSpecialSauce

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
It’s time to direct the spotlight towards Pitt basketball. Saturday is Senior Night and then we have the ACC Tournament in Washington DC. The Pens are done, the NFL draft is over a month away, and the Bucs don’t start for another 3 weeks. March Madness is always exciting, and even more so when Pitt is involved.

It’s time to direct the spotlight towards Pitt basketball. Saturday is Senior Night and then we have the ACC Tournament in Washington DC. The Pens are done, the NFL draft is over a month away, and the Bucs don’t start for another 3 weeks. March Madness is always exciting, and even more so when Pitt is involved.

I like your enthusiasm and I'll be there but this town hates basketball. Its just something we have to live with. Its ridiculous that this game isnt sold out yet but I do think it gets pretty close to a sellout.

I like your enthusiasm and I'll be there but this town hates basketball. Its just something we have to live with. Its ridiculous that this game isnt sold out yet but I do think it gets pretty close to a sellout.
I don’t think this town hates basketball, but it doesn’t receive enough attention. People are inundated with Steelers and Penguins talk right now. The opening round is in Pittsburgh this year and will be well attended per usual. It’s time to focus on college basketball.

Reactions: pierre93
I don’t think this town hates basketball, but it doesn’t receive enough attention. People are inundated with Steelers and Penguins talk right now. The opening round is in Pittsburgh this year and will be well attended per usual. It’s time to focus on college basketball.
Some media people like fatso Madden hates Pitt basketball. I remember when he downplayed the Ben Howland hire and made fun of it. That came back to bite his fat ass. H2P!!!!!

Go to Pitt ticket office website

click on single game tickets

Type in “MBSTR23” at top promo code section

Click on NC State Game

$25 for Uppers
$40 for Lowers

It’s BEEN time to focus on basketball

The Steelers talk should’ve stopped a month ago it’s unbelievably mundane … I really think pondering the State of the Steelers is very bad for your mental health

Pitt football had a bad year … I’ll wait till spring game to pay attention.

There’s been a lot to be excited about with hoops. Fun team and a very interesting season

Yinzers should wake the eff up.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
It’s BEEN time to focus on basketball

The Steelers talk should’ve stopped a month ago it’s unbelievably mundane … I really think pondering the State of the Steelers is very bad for your mental health

Pitt football had a bad year … I’ll wait till spring game to pay attention.

There’s been a lot to be excited about with hoops. Fun team and a very interesting season

Yinzers should wake the eff up.
Exactly! It’s nonstop talk about the Steelers QB position and the first game is about 6 months away. March Madness is happening right now and it’s always an exciting time in sports.

For as good as a sports town as Pgh is it is surprising that Pitt BB is not a hotter ticket! Not like the heyday of Jamie but better than it is. I personally think our university does a bad job marketing it! I would have youth BB teams at every game and the OOC many many more teams!

Reactions: jctrack
Hate to say it, but most of Pittsburgh probably has no idea who Blake Hinson is.
It’s ridiculous that he isn’t the talk of sports radio. It’s embarrassing that there are still a bunch of empty seats for tomorrow night’s game. The place should be packed and the game should be the focus of the Pittsburgh sports scene.

It’s ridiculous that he isn’t the talk of sports radio. It’s embarrassing that there are still a bunch of empty seats for tomorrow night’s game. The place should be packed and the game should be the focus of the Pittsburgh sports scene.
Why? Everyone else must be in to what you demand?

Most other people don’t spend so much time worrying about sports or posting on online message boards.

Can you just enjoy what you enjoy without getting upset that others don’t care about what you care about.

Why? Everyone else must be in to what you demand?

Most other people don’t spend so much time worrying about sports or posting on online message boards.

Can you just enjoy what you enjoy without getting upset that others don’t care about what you care about.
This is a Pitt Sports Message Board, so this would seem like the proper place to talk about Pitt Sports.

The media plays a big part in how people view things. Pitt basketball deserves more positive publicity and that will help spark more enthusiasm from the casual fan.

This is a Pitt Sports Message Board, so this would seem like the proper place to talk about Pitt Sports.

The media plays a big part in how people view things. Pitt basketball deserves more positive publicity and that will help spark more enthusiasm from the casual fan.
And instead, we have half the local media going out of their way to bash the local university. I’m telling you, it’s not like that in any other city in the U.S.!

Lower level seats are $70 if you dont know about the discount code, which 99% of Western PA doesnt know about. $70 for just ok lower level corner seats is far too much to ask a casual Yinzer to pay for a game they can watch for free on TV.

Lower level seats are $70 if you dont know about the discount code, which 99% of Western PA doesnt know about. $70 for just ok lower level corner seats is far too much to ask a casual Yinzer to pay for a game they can watch for free on TV.
You can get upper deck seats for $40 and lower seats behind the basket for $60 without the discount. Pitt fans are lame and the local media does more harm than good.

Hate to say it, but most of Pittsburgh probably has no idea who Blake Hinson is.
It’s funny…Blake said on Capel’s radio show this week that he gets recognized and approached more when he’s out in the city than he does on campus. He said he doesn’t think he’s ever taken an Uber ride since he moved to Pittsburgh where the driver didn’t recognize him as being a Pitt basketball player.

Reactions: 303vND
For as good as a sports town as Pgh is it is surprising that Pitt BB is not a hotter ticket! Not like the heyday of Jamie but better than it is. I personally think our university does a bad job marketing it! I would have youth BB teams at every game and the OOC many many more teams!
Is Pittsburgh really a good sports town or just a front running sports town?

Been to many high school football, BB and wrestling matches over the years and I would say we are a good sports town. We are cheap also!
IMO those type of venue/games don’t count. It’s about your high end revenue and professional sports.

I still find it hard to fathom that a 4th place regular season finish in the ACC isn't enough to lock a spot in the tournament. Pitt is without a doubt one of the best 68 teams in the country.
They are, but the best 68 team don't make the tournament. Never have.

I still find it hard to fathom that a 4th place regular season finish in the ACC isn't enough to lock a spot in the tournament. Pitt is without a doubt one of the best 68 teams in the country.

Only the best 45ish make it. Are we one of the best 45? I think so but its close.

EXf0vGOXYAAotPm

Reactions: BreakingPitt
IMO those type of venue/games don’t count. It’s about your high end revenue and professional sports.
I'd say those all count to Pittsburgh being a "sports town." Whether Pittsburgh is a "pro sports town" depends on the pros and the high revenue sports, but high school and amateur level sports are a big part of the culture of this region and define the city to a reasonable extent.

Reactions: Parkview57
I'd say those all count to Pittsburgh being a "sports town." Whether Pittsburgh is a "pro sports town" depends on the pros and the high revenue sports, but high school and amateur level sports are a big part of the culture of this region and define the city to a reasonable extent.
I've not once heard anyone reference a city as a sports town and have high school sports as a data point. Not once!! It's all about the professional sports - don't think that's even debatable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT