ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Bonfire Sweet Carline

This is the one aspect of college football that I hate. People can't just go to the game for football. They have to have something else going on besides the game to entertain them. The fact that the crowd looks like its all a bunch of women (while great to see) is depressing for football.

This is the one aspect of college football that I hate. People can't just go to the game for football. They have to have something else going on besides the game to entertain them. The fact that the crowd looks like its all a bunch of women (while great to see) is depressing for football.

That type of tradition is a big part of college football at just about every school.

What? Having a group of students gather pre-game is so depressing. :rolleyes:

And the majority is all women? I just can't with this. Honestly. Our fans truly, deeply suck.

Singing, en masse, a song about a grown man lusting after a nine year old girl is not a big part of college football tradition. Er...excepting. maybe nine year old boys at State College.

Singing, en masse, a song about a grown man lusting after a nine year old girl is not a big part of college football tradition. Er...excepting. maybe nine year old boys at State College.
I'm ALL ears. What should these students be doing the night before the game? Seriously. Clearly a huge turnout in front of the Cathedral is not acceptable. Again I'm all ears (along with the AD) - WHAT SHOULD THEY DO?

I agree with the Pitt girl, if there is any thing positive pertaining to Pitt one can standby for a backlash from some of are so called faithful. Great to see students with school spirit. Beat YSU!

Reactions: jtbuba
I'm ALL ears. What should these students be doing the night before the game? Seriously. Clearly a huge turnout in front of the Cathedral is not acceptable. Again I'm all ears (along with the AD) - WHAT SHOULD THEY DO?

They should be out at the bar having fun with their friends trying to pick up women and get drunk. And then when they go to the game, they should be watching the game living and dieing with every play. The need to dress like a moron and act "funny" to get on camera? Give me a break. It's a football game, not a talent show.

As far as what should the AD do? Worry about getting money to pay the coaches to put a winning program on the field. They don't need to worry about stroking fragile students who need some type of stage to show their spirit.

They should be out at the bar having fun with their friends trying to pick up women and get drunk. And then when they go to the game, they should be watching the game living and dieing with every play. The need to dress like a moron and act "funny" to get on camera? Give me a break. It's a football game, not a talent show.

As far as what should the AD do? Worry about getting money to pay the coaches to put a winning program on the field. They don't need to worry about stroking fragile students who need some type of stage to show their spirit.
So - maybe getting the $$ you talk about couldn't possibly be from any of those attending. Right? Did you ever think THEY are the ones we need to start donating at some point? Nah.

Getting drunk! Having fun! Not possibly creating some kind of tie back to their school, right?

So - maybe getting the $$ you talk about couldn't possibly be from any of those attending. Right? Did you ever think THEY are the ones we need to start donating at some point? Nah.

Getting drunk! Having fun! Not possibly creating some kind of tie back to their school, right?

Yes, graduates donate back to their school because they had sweet bonfires and sang *** songs during the game.

Yes, graduates donate back to their school because they had sweet bonfires and sang *** songs during the game.

I'm assuming, by your comments, that you didn't go to pep ralleys as a student. What then do you donate to athletics compared to those that did?

I guess you've never seen the historic images of pep ralleys when Jock Sutherland was coaching and Pitt was competing for national championships on a yearly basis. These things go back 100 years.

And the majority is all women? I just can't with this. Honestly. Our fans truly, deeply suck.

Some of our fans truly suck. Why are some of these same posters clamoring for an on-campus FB stadium? They want a great gameday atmosphere with the Cathedral of Learning in the background, within walking distance of dorms, etc.

It's very odd that some don't see athletics for what they truly are, and that is entertainment. Adding to the entertainment of the game by offering songs, pre-game activities, etc. don't deminish the entertainment value of the game, they add to it.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Anyone that has 55 posts on this site and here two weeks is not to be taken seriously. Especially all the negativity. the season hasn't even started yet. Back under the bridge troll.

This is the one aspect of college football that I hate. A bunch of 18-22 year olds having some fun at a bon fire pep rally at their school? Who the hell would hate that? You must be a joy on Christmas morning ( like you got a visit from the ghost of Pitt79 past). I know there is a general redefinition of the word "hate" nowadays but this one pretty much takes the cake.

I agree with the Pitt girl, if there is any thing positive pertaining to Pitt one can standby for a backlash from some of are so called faithful. Great to see students with school spirit. Beat YSU!

You know from going to other college games the one thing I always am disappointed on how "boring" Pitt games are. Not necessarily on the field, but the atmosphere. College football is supposed to be fun. It is pomp and circumstance. It is about singing goofy songs. That is part of it, it is why I prefer and enjoy watching an Indiana and Ohio State game this Thursday over next week's NFL opener.

Pitt games and the crowd reflects alot of this thread. DOWN IN FRONT! SIT DOWN I CANT SEE! The boorish brie and chardonnay crowd shames people who want to get into the game and be enthusiastic.

We had a thread over on the pay board on PJ Fleck's antics and is row the boat stuff and most people dismissed it as goofy crap. And it is. But that should be college football. Especially at a program like Pitt, Pitt needs to be LESS NFL business like in their approach and more fun. Our fans have been beaten down and conditioned, it is almost like they have a Stockholm Syndrome version of restraint. And I am guilty as charged also, so not trying to be a hypocrite here. But that is also more my personality. But I am guilty of being "too cool" also, and I am not going to be overly enthusiastic if no one else is.

In saying this, I loved what I seen from the bonfire last night. Pitt students acting like alot of other major college program's football fans, having fun, getting into it. It is a good start.

To the poster who complained about this, you do realize this is how you develop a larger fan base right? It makes no difference if male or female. The bon fire was a great memory for me and many of my classmates. The crowd last night was pretty large btw

You know from going to other college games the one thing I always am disappointed on how "boring" Pitt games are. Not necessarily on the field, but the atmosphere. College football is supposed to be fun. It is pomp and circumstance. It is about singing goofy songs. That is part of it, it is why I prefer and enjoy watching an Indiana and Ohio State game this Thursday over next week's NFL opener.

Pitt games and the crowd reflects alot of this thread. DOWN IN FRONT! SIT DOWN I CANT SEE! The boorish brie and chardonnay crowd shames people who want to get into the game and be enthusiastic.

We had a thread over on the pay board on PJ Fleck's antics and is row the boat stuff and most people dismissed it as goofy crap. And it is. But that should be college football. Especially at a program like Pitt, Pitt needs to be LESS NFL business like in their approach and more fun. Our fans have been beaten down and conditioned, it is almost like they have a Stockholm Syndrome version of restraint. And I am guilty as charged also, so not trying to be a hypocrite here. But that is also more my personality. But I am guilty of being "too cool" also, and I am not going to be overly enthusiastic if no one else is.

In saying this, I loved what I seen from the bonfire last night. Pitt students acting like alot of other major college program's football fans, having fun, getting into it. It is a good start.
DOWN IN FRONT! SIT DOWN I CANT SEE! ...spoken like someone who has a history of obstructing a view...other non-boring fan bases with pomp and tradition know when to get up to take a wiz so that no one misses action on the field and when to return to their seats during the numerous timeouts and time stoppages of a football game. Heinz crowd is the worst at this.

DOWN IN FRONT! SIT DOWN I CANT SEE! ...spoken like someone who has a history of obstructing a view...other non-boring fan bases with pomp and tradition know when to get up to take a wiz so that no one misses action on the field and when to return to their seats during the numerous timeouts and time stoppages of a football game. Heinz crowd is the worst at this.

Alot of fanbases stand during the whole game.

Reactions: DiehardPanther

This has got to be sarcasm. If not, then you are an idiot.

I'm assuming, by your comments, that you didn't go to pep ralleys as a student. What then do you donate to athletics compared to those that did?

I guess you've never seen the historic images of pep ralleys when Jock Sutherland was coaching and Pitt was competing for national championships on a yearly basis. These things go back 100 years.

I'm guessing based on his posts and the number of ones he posted, he is just a troll. Already on ignore.

Can tell by his comments that he didn't go to college

Anyone that has 55 posts on this site and here two weeks is not to be taken seriously. Especially all the negativity. the season hasn't even started yet. Back under the bridge troll.

You got me painted well, mr negative.

I predicted a 9-3 record for the season.
One of the few posters who never get involved in a psu/wvu pissing match.
Most of my threads and posts are related to positive Pitt recruiting.
I did not attend Pitt but donate to athletics and purchase tickets.

But you're right. I think bonfires and stupid songs are stupid means i'm mr negative for Pitt football. We live in a pro NFL city, Pitt doesn't have a large enough school to support itself.....Pitt needs to focus on winning and improving the product on the field. The women who attend as college students, they do it because it's an event, they won't go back after graduation unless they marry someone who wants to continue going to games. Start marketing to real fans of football and cut out the stupid crap.

Can tell by his comments that he didn't go to college

It was essentially rhetorical. We all know the answer to my question. Criticizing a college pep rally before the home opener is just about as rock bottom stupid as you can get.

It was essentially rhetorical. We all know the answer to my question. Criticizing a college pep rally before the home opener is just about as rock bottom stupid as you can get.

If you think a bonfire before a game is going to help attendance, atmosphere, donations or anything positive for the football team....then I have nothing further to say. It's something to do for an hour before they all go get trashed.

You must be fun to talk to at parties. Talk about a buzz kill

If you think a bonfire before a game is going to help attendance, atmosphere, donations or anything positive for the football team....then I have nothing further to say. It's something to do for an hour before they all go get trashed.

I'm guessing based on his posts and the number of ones he posted, he is just a troll. Already on ignore.

Ignore is a great idea.

I can't even imagine the thought processes to come up with a reaction like that to a pep rally that promotes the football team. How out of touch can one be?

That is exactly the type of thing Pitt needs to do more of and do well, so that students graduate with more affinity towards the Pitt, and will then be more likely to attend games and make donations.

Dumbass.

Reactions: DruidTM

I love it 1000000 %
only thing I hate are fans that suck and of course... psu.

But you're right. I think bonfires and stupid songs are stupid means i'm mr negative for Pitt football. We live in a pro NFL city, Pitt doesn't have a large enough school to support itself.....Pitt needs to focus on winning and improving the product on the field. The women who attend as college students, they do it because it's an event, they won't go back after graduation unless they marry someone who wants to continue going to games. Start marketing to real fans of football and cut out the stupid crap.
I literally busted up laughing reading this. For sure you HAVE to be trolling on purpose. And now - IGNORE. Buh-bye.

Whoa, that was great!!!

Dang that was a lot of current students!

Soooo.....What was the "Negative??" ---- NONE, COOL!

HAIL TO PITT ! :)

Reactions: jtbuba

I'm guessing that you were not invited to the bonfire, and didn't attend.

If it gets a few more students interested in attending the games this season, and adds to the game day environment, how could that be a bad thing?

Do you really think there is an either / or discussion with a bonfire for students? So, if Pitt has a bonfire for students prior to the first game, they somehow they will not be able to market the team to "real" fans for the remainder of the year? That, in a nutshell is what you are proposing.

I'm just trying to understand your complaint. I read that you think a bonfire for students that may or may not have attracted more female students that male students somehow exhausted Pitt's resources so that they now can't market the team to anyone else.

Do you see why other's may think your views are maybe not well thought out?

You nailed it. I've never seen a bigger bunch of bitches than Pitt fans. 1pm gametime - WAHHHH; Sweet Caroline - WAHHHH; Uniforms - WAHHHH etc etc

I'm guessing that you were not invited to the bonfire, and didn't attend.

If it gets a few more students interested in attending the games this season, and adds to the game day environment, how could that be a bad thing?

Do you really think there is an either / or discussion with a bonfire for students? So, if Pitt has a bonfire for students prior to the first game, they somehow they will not be able to market the team to "real" fans for the remainder of the year? That, in a nutshell is what you are proposing.

I'm just trying to understand your complaint. I read that you think a bonfire for students that may or may not have attracted more female students that male students somehow exhausted Pitt's resources so that they now can't market the team to anyone else.

Do you see why other's may think your views are maybe not well thought out?

There is 0 complaint towards Pitt. It's a complaint about college football in general about how you have to use outside devices to create excitement and interest in the game. The actual game on the field is not enough on it's own.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT