ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt football staff impressions from high school coaches and recruiting coordinators

Like in college, when you had a term paper and had to come up with an original idea and had to site sources kinda thing Joe ?

Darn. Was looking forward (?) to some typical hypocritical mutterings from the fatass Bike-shorts-up-to-their-tits WPIAL coaches about a-hole Narduzzi not taking in their 0-star bench dwellers, even as they line up at the payola trough from Michigan, Ohio State and PSU payola to steer the fewer and fewer legit recruits they manage to develop.

It’s so telling in so many ways, and sad as well in multiple ways, that we have to go elsewhere more and more every year for our guys.

Sigh. Recruiting was always oily but kind of fun to follow at one time, anticipating LOI a bit like Christmas (would you get the cool gift you pined for?), and the zest of occasionally scoring a top local guy like Rutherford or Palko or Dorin D, even down to snagging a Whitehead and Boyd in recent years, seemingly against all odds. Or the occasional exotic from a place like NJ or Florida.

But today our only hope is getting guys like this is after they fail at their “dream school.” Hell, forget second choice, we’re the sloppy THIRDS for our anointed starting QB.

Hey, we ultimately get ‘em and maybe it’s even better in some ways, like a shiny new car, let the big money first buyer absorb the depreciation hit. Learn to play the game a little, get used to the bigger scale of college football, get early arrests and suspensions out of your system, and finally when you’ve been over recruited at the big program, “come home.” There’s some positives to that, no doubt.

But it’s like when your mom had to doctor up leftovers for dinner on a dreary Wednesday night … it was still drudgery for her to do yet immensely unsatisfying to the family when the slop was dumped onto the table. Some of it might still taste good but nobody, from mom on down, has a good feeling about it.

Darn. Was looking forward (?) to some typical hypocritical mutterings from the fatass Bike-shorts-up-to-their-tits WPIAL coaches about a-hole Narduzzi not taking in their 0-star bench dwellers, even as they line up at the payola trough from Michigan, Ohio State and PSU payola to steer the fewer and fewer legit recruits they manage to develop.

It’s so telling in so many ways, and sad as well in multiple ways, that we have to go elsewhere more and more every year for our guys.

Sigh. Recruiting was always oily but kind of fun to follow at one time, anticipating LOI a bit like Christmas (would you get the cool gift you pined for?), and the zest of occasionally scoring a top local guy like Rutherford or Palko or Dorin D, even down to snagging a Whitehead and Boyd in recent years, seemingly against all odds. Or the occasional exotic from a place like NJ or Florida.

But today our only hope is getting guys like this is after they fail at their “dream school.” Hell, forget second choice, we’re the sloppy THIRDS for our anointed starting QB.

Hey, we ultimately get ‘em and maybe it’s even better in some ways, like a shiny new car, let the big money first buyer absorb the depreciation hit. Learn to play the game a little, get used to the bigger scale of college football, get early arrests and suspensions out of your system, and finally when you’ve been over recruited at the big program, “come home.” There’s some positives to that, no doubt.

But it’s like when your mom had to doctor up leftovers for dinner on a dreary Wednesday night … it was still drudgery for her to do yet immensely unsatisfying to the family when the slop was dumped onto the table. Some of it might still taste good but nobody, from mom on down, has a good feeling about it.
Pay attention folks ~ This is an excellent piece and should be pinned in this site.

Well done six- fiver, well done

Pay attention folks ~ This is an excellent piece and should be pinned in this site.

Well done six- fiver, well done
Thanks…most will disagree, and maybe, depending on my time of the month 😁 even I would as well if I were reading it cold.
I don’t mean to be yelling at clouds and I tried to acknowledge the positives above. And I’ve always been aware of the fraud and sleaze inherit in the old style recruiting paradigm. But the New World is overall much uglier than the old, if only because much of the poop is no longer getting buried but right out in the open.

I sympathize with our assistant coaches in the trenches who are beating their heads against higher and thicker walls every year.
The point in the article about our fearing Miami and their NIL was sort of a scoff, like so many arrogant national writers are treating NIL “whiners”. But if you are our assistant in Florida already facing giants all around you, having the Miami nutjob swoop in and start hurling crazy money around like a drunken strip club patron has to be professionally terrifying. Particularly because we have no such nutjob of our own.

Thanks…most will disagree, and maybe, depending on my time of the month 😁 even I would as well if I were reading it cold.
I don’t mean to be yelling at clouds and I tried to acknowledge the positives above. And I’ve always been aware of the fraud and sleaze inherit in the old style recruiting paradigm. But the New World is overall much uglier than the old, if only because much of the poop is no longer getting buried but right out in the open.

I sympathize with our assistant coaches in the trenches who are beating their heads against higher and thicker walls every year.
The point in the article about our fearing Miami and their NIL was sort of a scoff, like so many arrogant national writers are treating NIL “whiners”. But if you are our assistant in Florida already facing giants all around you, having the Miami nutjob swoop in and start hurling crazy money around like a drunken strip club patron has to be professionally terrifying. Particularly because we have no such nutjob of our own.
I figured you just got up on the wrong side of the bed but, yeah, wrong time if the month could also fit that rant 😂

Even the 2/10th's people are good with Duzz now but I'm sure there are some butt hurt, self-proclaimed geniuses roaming the sidelines of SWPA that have a beef with him.

Wow, good quotes.

It seems the staff in general are just much more confident in everything they do now, they are ingrained here and have some success now. Once all this NIL stuff stabilizes I think we will continue doing better and better

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT