ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt has 3 #1 seeds in the ACC Wrestling Championships

Pretty Clear paths for most of the guys. I'd say it be a disappointment if at least 5 don't qualify

Reactions: omega
We should get 7.

The problem with that is that the ACC wasn’t awarded a lot of bids in a number of weight classes. In I think 3 weight classes, there only is one automatic bid. I’m pretty sure 197 is one of them. So Stout will have to win it to get an automatic qualifier.

I read that the Big Ten was awarded 76 automatic qualifiers. They are going to have wrestlers who lose in the first round and win one consolation match and get in.

I can see at least 5 and more probable that 7 make it. Seems like they wrestled more aggressively the last few matches. We need some all americans this year.

Reactions: omega
The problem with that is that the ACC wasn’t awarded a lot of bids in a number of weight classes. In I think 3 weight classes, there only is one automatic bid. I’m pretty sure 197 is one of them. So Stout will have to win it to get an automatic qualifier.

I read that the Big Ten was awarded 76 automatic qualifiers. They are going to have wrestlers who lose in the first round and win one consolation match and get in.

What you wrote isn't accurate. The ACC got 35 bids for 6 teams (5.8 per team) and Duke didn't really contribute much so it's really 5 teams. The Big 10 got 79 bid for 14 teams (5.6 per team).

You're correct the league only got 1 bid at 197 and only got 2 at 149, but the rest of the weights got 3 or more.

ACC bids
125-3
133-5
141-3
149-2
157-5
165-4
174-4
184-3
197-1
285-5

A team score that looks something like our team dual ranking and a couple of AAs

Not likely this year. We still have a ways to go before we are a real threat at Nationals. Honestly I'd be happy if we could get 1 AA but it's going to depends on the draws for Mickey, Nino and Meech. They are the only 3 that really even have a chance to AA this year I think.

Agree that one would be good, but we should get 2. Meech is a long shot as there are a lot of good heavyweights this year.

Agree that one would be good, but we should get 2. Meech is a long shot as there are a lot of good heavyweights this year.

Two would be absolutely fantastic. Like you said heavyweight is loaded so gonna be tough for Meech but depending on his draw he could do it. Same with Nino it's all gonna depends on his match ups but he has probably the best chance of any of Pitts guys I think. Mickey will have a hard time with his lack of offense and 133 is loaded as well

There are a couple of guys who seem to have Nino’s number who he would have to avoid. Meech just has problems against really big Hwts who can move. The Big Ten has a bunch of those. Needs to avoid them, but that is easier said than done.

Micky has the best chance at 133 just because there is no one in the top 10 at the weight he can’t beat; there also is no one in the top ten who can’t beat him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT