ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt in the Rankings

persp

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2001
Solomon bumps up to #24 and Vince makes a massive move to #10.

I thought 15 might be highest Vince would go but i was clearly wrong. He'll keep it if he can wrestle stronger in the third period. He was gassing in the third on Sunday

He was gassing because Bassett has a gas tank like I’ve never seen, especially from a high school kid. He doesn’t let you breathe.

Anyone know if the matches this weekend vs Navy, VMI and Morgan state are being streamed anywhere.

Excited to see Morgan state as an HBCU and in my opinion they have a real shot to be significant in D1. Will be rooting for them (not against Pitt though!)

He was gassing because Bassett has a gas tank like I’ve never seen, especially from a high school kid. He doesn’t let you breathe.
He gassed in the Bouzakis match too. He was just fortunate enough to get that last throw by takedown to seal it up. Definitely agree with Bassett's gas tank though. Dude doesnt stop. That was also a loooong day of wrestling with very little rest, especially in the early season

Reactions: Silkky1982
Solomon bumps up to #24 and Vince makes a massive move to #10.

I thought 15 might be highest Vince would go but i was clearly wrong. He'll keep it if he can wrestle stronger in the third period. He was gassing in the third on Sunday
Great to see. Going off Flo all our starters ranked top 25 with exception of Camacho and Kelsar. Rough start for Camacho but he can get there. Barely missed qualifying for nationals last season. Keslar looked good to me. Couple close matches to ranked guys.

V Sant 15
Matthews 8
Solomon 25
H Heller 10
Augustine 22
R Heller 13
Stout 16
Pitzer 8

That is a nice lineup. Plus they are very young overall. They are like the Steelers with brother connections! Who will be the next brothers to sign?

Great to see. Going off Flo all our starters ranked top 25 with exception of Camacho and Kelsar. Rough start for Camacho but he can get there. Barely missed qualifying for nationals last season. Keslar looked good to me. Couple close matches to ranked guys.

V Sant 15
Matthews 8
Solomon 25
H Heller 10
Augustine 22
R Heller 13
Stout 16
Pitzer 8

That is a nice lineup. Plus they are very young overall. They are like the Steelers with brother connections! Who will be the next brothers to sign?
Camacho just got a really bad draw for a 5 seed. Forrest explains itself and West in the second round was the 6 seed. Amazingly, Camacho pretty much controlled the action for that entire match but West had really, really good hips and was able to flip Camacho's attacks into his own offense. He basically "caught" Camacho 3 or 4 times in that match. It was a very strange one to watch

Reactions: _DBHoops
He gassed in the Bouzakis match too. He was just fortunate enough to get that last throw by takedown to seal it up. Definitely agree with Bassett's gas tank though. Dude doesnt stop. That was also a loooong day of wrestling with very little rest, especially in the early season
I think that is typical from someone who hasn’t wrestled in a year. It takes a while to get your cardio back up. Even Spencer Lee struggled with that last year.

I think his gas tank will be fine after he shakes the rust off.

Amazingly, Camacho pretty much controlled the action for that entire match but West had really, really good hips and was able to flip Camacho's attacks into his own offense. He basically "caught" Camacho 3 or 4 times in that match. It was a very strange one to watch
I thought this as well. I believe Drew West is a former Greco world team member of some sort.

Reactions: persp
I think that is typical from someone who hasn’t wrestled in a year. It takes a while to get your cardio back up. Even Spencer Lee struggled with that last year.

I think his gas tank will be fine after he shakes the rust off.
Oh yeah, I agree completely. Its not like he was Casto gassed. It was more if an observation than a critique

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT