ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Lacrosse is 3-0! Next up is #2 North Carolina...

That will certainly help them figure out where this young program is at. Hope they can pack the stadium!

North Carolina is also 3-0.

They beat #12 James Madison, 15-8, at James Madison.

They also beat #7 Florida, 15-11, at Florida.

They won at home, 20-7, against Furman.

North Carolina should have no problem beating Pitt.

North Carolina is also 3-0.

They beat #12 James Madison, 15-8, at James Madison.

They also beat #7 Florida, 15-11, at Florida.

They won at home, 20-7, against Furman.

North Carolina should have no problem beating Pitt.
Florida is an interesting program. I believe they are the only school in the SEC to have a lacrosse team, and they have to play in another conference, the AAC, to compete. They have a very small high school base to recruit from, mainly private schools in Florida. I think they have 4 Floridians on the roster. They recruit mainly in Maryland, New York and NJ, where the lacrosse hotbeds are. I guess the idea is to get those ladies down for visits when it’s cold in the East, which is a good strategy. For a relatively young program, being ranked #7 is an accomplishment. But, playing in a weak conference where they aren’t going to get pushed a lot, that may be about their ceiling.

Reactions: HOF Coach
At 4:00 on a Thursday afternoon in February?

Seems unlikely.

Yea, weekday afternoon games, there won't be more than 100 people there. But we have to make sure we're off the pitch before the Riverhounds U10 team gets it at 6. Maybe if they show up early, that will add 30 people to the crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT