ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt might have the best QB in college football.

Unfortunately . Freakin NIL .

Not sure exactly how it works, but Pitt needs to get their big donors to keep this QB (and RB) for another season and also add to the offense. Their window will be one year (next season) and considering that all hell could break loose at any moment with conference realignment, they really need a playoff type season.

Bonus points if they can snag a couple of players from Coach (not ready for) Primetime.

Today Holstein is bailing Bell out, forget these trick plays when the defense is getting so much penetration, really poor play calling, the flea-flicker, reverse, even the TD pass, fake jet sweep brought the OLB right into Holstein's face.

I agree. Some questionable play calls.

Breakingpitt.....just admit it without being a clown. Either that or you are a psu fan. The kid is doing awesome. Grow up you bitch

Holstein plays like the Roethlisbergers, Allens, etc. in the sense that is he very good in the pocket and at extending plays looking to throw down field. His arm has room to get stronger but he is a lot of fun to watch.
Yup. He has that it factor. He has a ways to develop but he has a good chance to be a special player especially in bells offense

Is he allowed to transfer and play immediately? I thought he has to either be a senior or a coaching change to get immediate eligibility. Has it changed? Rules are changing so quickly I'm not sure what the current regulations are

Yeah, that flea flicker was to bait 'em for... what, exactly? I'm sure Bell would do it again if given the choice, lol. I'll let you and NCPitt return to your MENSA meeting.

- Karen
I never used the term bait. I guess you answered my question, though. You don't understand the cumulative impact play-calling.

I never used the term bait. I guess you answered my question, though. You don't understand the cumulative impact play-calling.

They were poor calls when the line was collapsing almost every down. He would tell you that himself. And that was meant to be posted in the game thread anyway.

Do you understand that even plays that don't work give the defense another look to be aware of the rest of the game?
To an extent, but you also need the plays to set up the gadget plays in the first place. Without any ground game to speak of today, there was no room for those types of trick plays in the offense. In the right spots they are good calls, today was not the right time for them.

To an extent, but you also need the plays to set up the gadget plays in the first place. Without any ground game to speak of today, there was no room for those types of trick plays in the offense. In the right spots they are good calls, today was not the right time for them.
Most teams develop their keys on their opponent's previous games. The gadgets didn't work today, but the plays to set them existed in games 1-2. Now future teams will have to be aware of these gadgets too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT