ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt, only University with 2 starting QBs this weekend in NFL

It's interesting that NC State at one point this year had 4 quarterbacks starting in the NFL -- Rivers, Glennon, Wilson and Brissett. If you want to give Wilson to Wisconsin, that's still three from a middling ACC program. Pretty good.

NC State should have Phillip Rivers and Jacoby Brissett. Could also take credit for Russell Wilson.

Michigan State has Kirk Cousins and possibly Drew Stanton if he can go.

Hopefully Nate shows out and Savage improves.

NC State should have Phillip Rivers and Jacoby Brissett. Could also take credit for Russell Wilson.

Michigan State has Kirk Cousins and possibly Drew Stanton if he can go.

Hopefully Nate shows out and Savage improves.
I saw the tweet from some Pitt account that lists this and they list the Colts with "bye" as their starter... I mean, technically no one is starting at QB for the Colts this weekend but pretty weak to mislead like that. They also just went ahead and assumed Blaine Gabbert was gonna start for the Cardinals

Reactions: Jpripper88
Might as well celebrate the news now, because I don't think anyone will be championing this fact after the games are played. Savage is terrible and Peterman is making his first start against a very aggressive pass defense with Joey Bosa.

I hope Peterman does well, but I still don't understand the benching of Taylor. Tyrod has been an incredibly efficient quarterback for the Bills.

Reactions: Jpripper88
NCSU had four until Glennon was benched for Trubisky.

Philip Rivers, Russell Wilson, Mike Glennon and Jacoby Brissett

Might as well celebrate the news now, because I don't think anyone will be championing this fact after the games are played. Savage is terrible and Peterman is making his first start against a very aggressive pass defense with Joey Bosa.

I hope Peterman does well, but I still don't understand the benching of Taylor. Tyrod has been an incredibly efficient quarterback for the Bills.

I agree, hope Peterman kills it but I think they’re making a big mistake sitting Taylor this soon

Idk how he is in real life but Tyrod usually gives me a lot of points on my fantasy team. the Bills just destroyed my team so Peterman better kill it

I saw the tweet from some Pitt account that lists this and they list the Colts with "bye" as their starter... I mean, technically no one is starting at QB for the Colts this weekend but pretty weak to mislead like that. They also just went ahead and assumed Blaine Gabbert was gonna start for the Cardinals

How is this misleading???

Because Jacoby Brissett is a starting QB who is on a bye. NC State has two starting QBs in the NFL, one of them is just off this week.

It clearly says Pitt is the only school with 2 starters THIS WEEKEND.

Therefore, it is completely not misleading. Sorry your school doesnt have even one, right? No reason to be a hater

You have to be dumb thinking this way. He played 3 years at NCSU. He played one single year at Wisconsin.

Wilson gets claimed by NCSU, not Wisconsin.

If that's the case, then it's pretty hard for Pitt to claim these two starters the OP is talking about.

If that's the case, then it's pretty hard for Pitt to claim these two starters the OP is talking about.
Wilson started 30+ games for NC State before going to Wisconsin and playing immediately.

Peterman started 0 before coming to Pitt

Tom Savage started 12 games for Rutgers in 2009, 3 games in 2010, then didn't play another football game until 2013 for Pitt after transferring twice.

Not exactly the same scenario in any of the cases. Peterman is pretty much like Flacco, he started at Pitt but didn't really play so we can't claim he is a "Pitt QB."

Wilson started 30+ games for NC State before going to Wisconsin and playing immediately.

Peterman started 0 before coming to Pitt

Tom Savage started 12 games for Rutgers in 2009, 3 games in 2010, then didn't play another football game until 2013 for Pitt after transferring twice.

Not exactly the same scenario in any of the cases. Peterman is pretty much like Flacco, he started at Pitt but didn't really play so we can't claim he is a "Pitt QB."

Nathan started one game in 2013, and played in four. In 2014 he played in seven games, starting one.

http://www.utsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1190

Nathan started one game in 2013, and played in four. In 2014 he played in seven games, starting one.

http://www.utsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1190
My apologies, I thought that reference had symbols denoting started games. Without those indications, his stats didn't jump out at me to question that fact.

Considering that his highest passing attempts in a game was 11 compared to the other UT QB attempting 23 passes in the same game.

He had 4 attempts in his other listed start, compared to Dobbs' 32 attempts in the same game.

Only having 1 double digit attempt game did not raise any red flags in my brain when quickly going through his stats (43 passing attempts over 9 games over 2 seasons).

My apologies, I thought that reference had symbols denoting started games. Without those indications, his stats didn't jump out at me to question that fact.

Considering that his highest passing attempts in a game was 11 compared to the other UT QB attempting 23 passes in the same game.

He had 4 attempts in his other listed start, compared to Dobbs' 32 attempts in the same game.

Only having 1 double digit attempt game did not raise any red flags in my brain when quickly going through his stats (43 passing attempts over 9 games over 2 seasons).

I just remembered reading that his first start was at Florida, where he hurt his hand. I had to look it up to see if he had started any other games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT