ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt soccer game Saturday

HOF Coach

I need a screen shot of the updated bracket time and date

The goalie reminded me of Colin Kapernick(sp). What an exciting game! Thank God Pitt won-they thoroughly outplayed them and deserved to win.
Yes, he did look like Kaepernick didn't he? Just a total dweeb. You're a goalie. If you want to mix it up, take off you yellow dishwashing gloves and play somewhere else.

Yes, he did look like Kaepernick didn't he? Just a total dweeb. You're a goalie. If you want to mix it up, take off you yellow dishwashing gloves and play somewhere else.
I’m just glad Noel got the last laugh and he didn’t.

Just got back home from the game! That was complete domination. So glad that it didn't go to PK's. #2 and Goalie Coolio were complete pricks. #2 blowing kisses and Coolio looking like Mike Norvell with his corn rows. Douche.

I ended up going since our USMNT decided
not to track back on D. Crowd was great. Probably 2nd largest behind Georgetown. Couldn't ask for better December weather. They actually added portable bleachers midway through the season but for some reason they weren't there for the game today which was strange.

The game is what it was. Portland sat back and defended all game like Indiana did 2 years ago. Not sure I have any answers. Its tough to score when a team is that good and thaf disciplined defensively. You're only going to get a handful of real quality chances and you have to bury them and hope you dont get exposed on a counter.

Reactions: Chaos
Anyone able to purchase tickets yet? I know we got a link for the championship game tickets but I haven't had success with that either

Reactions: noelr
Probably Indiana again, unless UNC Greensboro beats them today.

Indiana is actually the lower seeded team. Which, given the way things have gone in this tournament, means that they are virtually a shoe in!

They are up 1-0 with a half hour to go.

Anyone able to purchase tickets yet? I know we got a link for the championship game tickets but I haven't had success with that either
Yeah I'd love to go Friday; cannot go Monday and Monday isn't guaranteed

That was awesome fun. We sat in the top row and that wind was wicked. I’m glad I dressed appropriately. It was just fun but, as other have said, as the game moved on with us dominating but not scoring it got a bit nerve-wracking.

Great atmosphere, Hail To Pitt!

Last edited:
What were all of the yellow cards for after the goal?
The only one I saw was against Noel for removing his jersey. That’s an automatic yellow card. The ref put his arm around him after he showed him the yellow.

I thought the ref was bad. He let far too much go in the first 60 or 70 minutes and then was afraid to give a second yellow. A Portland pkayer took down a Pitt player with a two-footed tackle where he wasn’t even close to getting the ball. The ref went to his pocket, then realized the guy already had a yellow and didn’t call it. A two footed sliding tackle like that is pretty much an automatic yellow card. The Portland coach smartly took the player out of the game before he could do something else so stupid.

Reactions: Chaos
And Duke lost, 2-3, today. Their game was at the same time as our game.

The only one I saw was against Noel for removing his jersey. That’s an automatic yellow card. The ref put his arm around him after he showed him the yellow.

I thought the ref was bad. He let far too much go in the first 60 or 70 minutes and then was afraid to give a second yellow. A Portland pkayer took down a Pitt player with a two-footed tackle where he wasn’t even close to getting the ball. The ref went to his pocket, then realized the guy already had a yellow and didn’t call it. A two footed sliding tackle like that is pretty much an automatic yellow card. The Portland coach smartly took the player out of the game before he could do something else so stupid.
Thanks. The live game stats showed 4 or 5 yellow cards at that time. I guess there was really only one.

Imin the same boat. Just don't like the matchup.

I think it was very helpful that we played and beat a Portland team who parked the bus for 105 minutes, which is what Indiana will do. I am sure from today and 2021 IU, Jay will be able to adapt.

Ok. Who's in for the road trip? Let's pick a hotel

I have a ticket for the final. The only way I go down is if we are playing for the championship. Hoping we can beat Indiana!

Is your team going to play soccer this time or just play 2 lines of 5 in the final 3rd and hope to catch us on a break and win 1-0?
as I recall, your guys missed a few point blank shots and other easy opportunities that night. Don’t blame IU for sitting back- we had 1 chance and capitalized.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT