ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt softball 2021

Pitching is, and always has been, the key to success in fast pitch softball. This team doesn’t have any. We give Heather credit for her hiring successes, but I’m afraid here she has to take the blame for a very bad hire. This was an NCAA qualifier when the coach jumped to Louisville, and the former coach took her best pitching recruit with her. Her replacement has put poor teams on the field and this year looks like more of the same.

Reactions: Pitt MD
Pitching is, and always has been, the key to success in fast pitch softball. This team doesn’t have any. We give Heather credit for her hiring successes, but I’m afraid here she has to take the blame for a very bad hire. This was an NCAA qualifier when the coach jumped to Louisville, and the former coach took her best pitching recruit with her. Her replacement has put poor teams on the field and this year looks like more of the same.

This is the one time I agree with you

Reactions: DevilDog42
Man that Knight is really struggling pitching. 4 walks in on inning and constantly going behind 3-0

And those four runs were the difference. Pitt gets two in the 7th and leaves the tying run on second in a 4-2 loss.

Heather pushed Aprile to Louisville, and it was a terrible move. Really indefensible.

Why? Was there a reason or she just wanted her own hire?

I’m skeptical that she was pushed unless she made some outrageous demands. Louisville is a better job.

If she did push her out it’s probably no coincidence that the present coach was at one of the directional Michigan schools at the same time as Lyke.

I’m skeptical that she was pushed unless she made some outrageous demands. Louisville is a better job.

If she did push her out it’s probably no coincidence that the present coach was at one of the directional Michigan schools at the same time as Lyke.

Lyke didn't want to keep her, did nothing to try to keep her. There are no coincidences.

I've seen a pattern of ADs that can't help but meddle in sports they have a personal background in: Pederson, Barnes, Lyke...all with bad consequences.

I don't know for sure if she was pushed out, but it seems likely. My daughter played D1 softball (not at Pitt) and had attended Pitt camps since Coach Holly was the first assistant to Coach Phalen. First, let me say I'm not neutral. I think Coach Holly is tremendous. She was the most impressive coach of any we met over the years. She was also very nice to my daughter and gave us good advice.

I emailed and talked to Coach Holly many times during my daughter's recruitment and kept in touch after my daughter committed and even after she graduated. Anyway, when I emailed Coach Holly to wish well at Louisville, her response gave me the distinct impression that there was much more to the story.

Lyke has done a good job at Pitt, but this was a very bad mistake on her part.

It was a great comeback. This game had a little bit of everything right — and wrong — with the program. Good power hitting. Clutch HRs. Really poor fielding. Bad pitching.

I believe FSU started their #3 pitcher and they paid. Like the win over VT when they rested their ace. She then came back and shut us down for 12 innings over two games with 0 runs and 3 total hits. I imagine we will see their best pitchers tomorrow and Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT