ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Spring Football 2017: Five Questions, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
Go to link to see PPG Writer's speculation but i prefer to read Posters Answers on Sharing them on the Lair and making your own predictions. I did not read the article before my Guesses and Hunches. i will do afterwards.
Excerpt:
1. What can Browne do for Pitt?
Just a Hunch but Brown is a Pocket Passer like Peterman and will Lead and be just as good with Dunks, Dinks, and Deep Passes. Hope to see some Big Mac Back-Up too!

2. What’s Watson up to?

Known reality when Watson takes over OC he is known to adapt what is there and Narduzzi has him and other Offensive Staff to help that transition. He might not be a another Matt Canada, but can still help score 30+ Points a Game, another Hunch!

3. How can the secondary improve?
I did read the other article posted as i see it, the Players are there now bigger strong and more reactive and theyw eer there last year, but did not make the plays. The Plays must be made on DBs knock down coverage's and pressure on QBs on QB rushing passes by DLs, i think that will happen, another hunch. My concerns is just can Pitt Linebackers learn fast to cover the runs and short passes, there just a guess, that takes time, like Chris Peak Podcasts said? This is why DLs & DBs must be ready on Day One!

4. Who has the early edge at running back?

I am not worried there at all, Pitt has the Offensive Line, Browne Dunks & Dinks and all Pitt Running backs has Size, Speed, and Super Slot catching. Pitt Big Beast Aston Counter and Short Runs will be punishing too, then add in Ollison, Moss, Ffrench, Henderson, Hall and AJ Davis may be the biggest surprise of them all. These Divine and Fine Running Backs needs the right play calling at the right time....these Divine & Fine Running Backs will do the their rests and their best. The Wideout Running Short and Deep will open it up as well. The Tight end is the only question mark?

5. Where will the leadership come from?
Everybody thinks it must come from the Quarterback but the Pitt Offense has many Leaders at RBs, WRs, and up to Watson to develop QBs, the Tight End will be a work in progress until some one emerges. Therefore, we need Leadership on Defense.

DL First Must Set The Pace:
I say Pitt really need a leaders on Defensive Line to set the pace and I think Taleni & Hendrix are ready for it. I want to see how Second Chance Carter is made of and does it with Watts lighting up the opposing OLs stopping the Run and do some Sure Sacking.

LB-DE-I think Aliquippa's Pugh may be an unpredictable prick to opposing Offenses QBs, I saw him smash many at a few of his High School. ut if the Linebackers can learn to execute right away this is where Instant Leadership is required and must be faster and furious as experience develops. This is why the Defensive Line must lead every game. It will make the QBs & LBs have time to develop into great execution. Hudson made a big mistake going to Michigan, Adams, and Hinish to ND too, in my opinion. Pitt really would have been a perfect fit for all of them right now.

DBs-The Leadership is there with Whitehead & DBs have the size and speed talent with hard earn experience by just seconds of missed failures from 2016. Paris Ford will join Hamlin, Miller and Coleman. They were in position on almost every play that lost 5 games last year, and one second faster knock down was the difference between 8-5 and 12-1?

Special Teams have been the one consistent stable dependable unit under Coach Narduzzi and have helped win many games, unlike how 2 to 3 were lost under Chryst that was too dumb to see it.

Pitt Offense has been a work in progress and Cyrts gets credit for that progress, but Canada took it to whole New Level and Watson must build on it.

The Defense has had big attitude change since 2015, but just did not have all Players and Back-Ups and Talent to make it happen at DLs, LBs, and DBs together all at once like the Offense. It has been a completely new learning process that time and the reactive execution and that can only happen with experience. Just like Coach Pat has said, I think it will be a surprise how much better it is in 2017. Just a Hunch!

Those are my views and know far less compared to some here that know far more. Hope to read your own answers to those 5 Questions!

LINK To THINK:
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ive-questions-storylines/stories/201703160057

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT