ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt to Big 12. PSU AND Nebraska to the SEC

PSU is quite content being UM and tOSU’s bitch in the B1G. Why would they leave that high paying gig to be become Ole Miss, South Carolina or Kentucky?

UNC to the SEC.

ACC done by 2027

Latest rumblings on a Georgia board

My guess is that the rumor was started by a B12 propogandist and picked up by the UGa board.

PSU to the SEC isnt really that outlandish. They actually do seem to fit there culturally. Nebraska. Yea right. They are 3 star program with no TV market. No chance the SEC would be interested

PSU won't be going to the SEC for the simple reason that none of them thar teams is coming north to play a game in November or December. Although it would be funny to see them play in the snow for the first time ever.

PSU is quite content being UM and tOSU’s bitch in the B1G. Why would they leave that high paying gig to be become Ole Miss, South Carolina or Kentucky?
I can't see them leaving, but as the saying goes, sometimes dem bitches be crazy.

Nebraska to the SEC makes some sense. They still haven’t gotten back in the AAU and they’d be back with Texas and Oklahoma.

Nebraska to the SEC makes some sense. They still haven’t gotten back in the AAU and they’d be back with Texas and Oklahoma.

It makes 0 sense because they dont have a TV market. There are literally 20 teams the SEC would take before Nebraska, probably including Pitt. Its all about TV.

Colorado
1 of the Arizonas
Kansas (KC + bball is worth something)
Pitt
A NC school
A VA school
Maryland
Etc

PSU won't be going to the SEC for the simple reason that none of them thar teams is coming north to play a game in November or December. Although it would be funny to see them play in the snow for the first time ever.

If PSU wants to be in the SEC, the SEC would take them tomorrow. They are one of the top 10 brands in college football and bring in a state of 10 million people with a fanbase that stretches the I95 corridor from NYC to DC. But PSU isnt going to leave the Big Ten to become South Carolina and go 7-5 or 6-6 every year.

Nebraska to the SEC makes some sense for Nebraska. It makes no sense what so ever for the people who would need to extend the invite.

It makes 0 sense because they dont have a TV market. There are literally 20 teams the SEC would take before Nebraska, probably including Pitt. Its all about TV.

Colorado
1 of the Arizonas
Kansas (KC + bball is worth something)
Pitt
A NC school
A VA school
Maryland
Etc
Penn State was the 9th most-watched team in 2023. Nebraska ranked 15th ahead of Florida, Auburn, Texas A&M, Mississippi, and Missouri. If the SEC wants football obsessed that tunes in, Nebraska fits the bill.

Colorado - 4th (will be irrelevant after Deion leaves)
Arizona - 72nd
Arizona State - 62nd
Kansas - 35th
Pitt - 56th
UNC - 46th
NC State - 59th
Duke - 33rd
Virginia - 58th
Virginia Tech - 73rd
Maryland - 29th

Agreed. People talk about how Maryland and Rutgers haven't really assimilated to the conference and don't feel B1G, similar to what people said about PSU not all that long ago, but I think Nebraska is right there too.

Penn State was the 9th most-watched team in 2023. Nebraska ranked 15th ahead of Florida, Auburn, Texas A&M, Mississippi, and Missouri. If the SEC wants football obsessed that tunes in, Nebraska fits the bill.

Arizona - 72nd
Arizona State - 62nd
Kansas - 35th
Pitt - 56th
UNC - 46th
NC State - 59th
Duke - 33rd
Virginia - 58th
Virginia Tech - 73rd
Maryland - 29th
😂 - Duke Football

There’s absolutely no way Duke Football was watched that much and VT that low. I lived in No Va and they had a very big following there and throughout the state.

Reactions: e-fresh

Arizona - 72nd
Arizona State - 62nd
Kansas - 35th
Pitt - 56th
UNC - 46th
NC State - 59th
Duke - 33rd
Virginia - 58th
Virginia Tech - 73rd
Maryland - 29th

Misleading. They played Colorado and Michigan. And their BTN games dont count so their bad games dont bring down their average rating because they literally arent rated. They played 3 bad games which werent rated because Nielsen doesnt rate BTN and Peacock. They also played 2 non-Saturday network TV games. Thursday, August 30 vs Minnesota on Fox and on Black Friday on CBS. Those are great for ratings.

There is no way the SEC would take Nebraska over the Denver or Phoenix markets or even the Pittsburgh market.

😂 - Duke Football

There’s absolutely no way Duke Football was watched that much and VT that low. I lived in No Va and they had a very big following there and throughout the state.

These are the only games that count for ratings for Duke because ACCN games dont count

Labor Day Night vs Clemson
UConn
ND
FSU
Lou
Wake (Thursday so good for ratings)
UVa

3 of their 7 games were Clem, ND, FSU. Again, misleading

There is no way the SEC would take Nebraska over the Denver or Phoenix markets or even the Pittsburgh market.
With all due respect to Colorado, ASU and Pitt, Nebraska is still the biggest brand name of the four. And we’re being told the future is about brands more than markets. I don’t believe any of this, so it’s all moot anyway.

Misleading. They played Colorado and Michigan. And their BTN games dont count so their bad games dont bring down their average rating because they literally arent rated. They played 3 bad games which werent rated because Nielsen doesnt rate BTN and Peacock. They also played 2 non-Saturday network TV games. Thursday, August 30 vs Minnesota on Fox and on Black Friday on CBS. Those are great for ratings.

You can pick out big-time opponents and various network games for probably any of the teams, plus this article highlights Nebraska has a couple of the highest rated games on the BTN https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/3487907/2022/08/09/nebraska-brand-tv-numbers/. Either way, Nebraska is outperforming the other teams you suggested and those numbers would probably improve with potential rivalry-type games with Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M.

Ups in the SEC would expose the cheaters that ups is to a whole league of cheaters.
But the perverts would actually fit in the league of perverts!

Not super important to this conversation but the BTN games are rated. They are the only conference network that has ratings.

Not that I think any of this is true, but Penn State to the SEC could be great for Pitt if it meant the Big 10 would look to Pitt to not lose the higher carrier rate for the Big 10 network in Pennsylvania for having an in state team.

Arizona - 72nd
Arizona State - 62nd
Kansas - 35th
Pitt - 56th
UNC - 46th
NC State - 59th
Duke - 33rd
Virginia - 58th
Virginia Tech - 73rd
Maryland - 29th
This list covers only one year and is therefore useless. Please show me a ten-year average that would at least smooth out one-year anomalies. I suspect our position will move up the ladder by 10-15 spots.

With all due respect to Colorado, ASU and Pitt, Nebraska is still the biggest brand name of the four. And we’re being told the future is about brands more than markets. I don’t believe any of this, so it’s all moot anyway.

Its always about TV markets. B12 propogandists are the one who say its about brands because that benefits them

This list covers only one year and is therefore useless. Please show me a ten-year average that would at least smooth out one-year anomalies. I suspect our position will move up the ladder by 10-15 spots.

It really doesn't because so much is dependent on who you play and the timeslot. I mean, the top 10-15 are going to be the biggest brands but once you go past that, it doesn't really matter because so many games arent rated by Nielsen (conference network games) that that skews things so much.

Its always about TV markets. B12 propogandists are the one who say its about brands because that benefits them
Not sure why you say that. Big 12 weakness is that they don't have the brands. They share big markets of Dallas and Houston. They do have Denver, KC (some with Mizzou too), Salt Lake City, and Phoenix. Their advantages are coast to coast territory, multiple time zones, and a SEC Lite fan enthusiasm. That is why others and you keep bringing the Big 12 up as propogandists and other names. If they are flooding the message boards, they have to be enthusiastic.

Not sure why you say that. Big 12 weakness is that they don't have the brands. They share big markets of Dallas and Houston. They do have Denver, KC (some with Mizzou too), Salt Lake City, and Phoenix. Their advantages are coast to coast territory, multiple time zones, and a SEC Lite fan enthusiasm. That is why others and you keep bringing the Big 12 up as propogandists and other names. If they are flooding the message boards, they have to be enthusiastic.

They are enthusiastic but its such a small group. Like we know WVU fans well here. I am not sure there is another team whose fans love their team like WVU fans love the Mountaineers. I really mean that. If there was some way to measure that, I would think WVU would be #1. Their problem is they just dont have the numbers.

As for the B12, they arent in Dallas. TCU is in Fort Worth and arent one of the top 6 teams in Dallas

1. Texas
2. Oklahoma
3. Texas A&M
4. Texas Tech
5. SMU
6. TCU

And Im not so sure OK St and Arkansas dont have bigger Dallas fanbases than SMU and TCU. They did just add Phoenix, SLC, and Denver but those schools probably wont be in the B12 long-term.

The coast to coast and time zone thing is irrelevant as everyone has that now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT