ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt / VA Tech Game

chillsy

Freshman
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2007
Aldie, Virginia
I actually attended the game in person, 2 rows from the court. First time I sat that close and it offered an interesting perspective. While I love this team and have posted that, yesterday's game was one of the worst played and officiated games I have ever seen:

1. VA Tech had the perfect defensive plan for us. Wouldn't let us get free for 3 pointers. Always a defender in the ball handler's face. Couldn't get free to shoot, even with picks. VA Tech had a sound game plan.
  2. Federiko had a terrible game. Defensively he was lost. I didn't count, but there had to be at least 10 easy layups underneath the basket in their half court set. Each time Federiko was 2 steps out of place or behind. Regardless of what you think about the officiating, 3 fouls in like 2 mins is irresponsible.
  3. After the BC game shooting, you had to know the gods were going to even things out. No one could make a shot. I guess we were due, but I do credit the VA Tech defense.
  4. I have to say, and if you disagree, well that is fine, but it is what I saw; Elliott is a head case. While he can shoot lights out, he is mentally a mess on the court. He wouldn't shut up during the game. He kept after the officials, even arguing when VA Tech was bringing the ball down the court during live play. He talks a lot to himself, and tends to go off by himself after a foul, or he has a bad play. He was even arguing when fouls were called on other Pitt players. He wouldn't let up and was constantly barking at the officials during play. I have never noticed it before, but he was really undisciplined yesterday. Didn't seem to have his focus on his play.
  5. The twins have obvious athletic ability, but they need to get in the weight room and add 30 lbs this offseason. They were getting pushed around by big #34 yesterday. He was huge, but they are going to have to contend with size in the future and need to be more physical.
  6. Overall, it was some selfish play yesterday, what we really haven't seen this year. On Hinson's last foul, the charging call; you could see that coming in advance. He was going to run that defender over no matter what, and the defender had position. He had a terrible game! He is a streaky player and has had some bad games this season, so hopefully he doesn't let this leak into the next game.
  7. No defense on Basile. We let him do essentially what he wanted, whether it was from the 3 pt. line or underneath the hoop. He was the best player on the court yesterday. We had no answer. Pedula was a really good defender as well and had a couple of 3 pointers fall that he literally threw up.
  8. Lastly, officiating was god awful!! Refs wouldn't allow continued play, just blew the whistle constantly. Inconsistent fouls on both sides as well. There was a lot of out of control play that they would let play at one end and then call a foul on the other end. For Pitt to have 3 players with 4 fouls with greater than 10 mins to go is ridiculous!! Also, for VA Tech to be in the bonus with 13-14 mins to go in the game was equally criminal!
Oh well, need to wash this away and get back to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News