ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt VB beats Penn State 3-0

VincePITT

Sophomore
Jul 9, 2008
Western, PA
EE88AUEXsAA5knq

I actually watched game 2. Had a nice lead. Nits made a comeback, then finished them off.

How did they get so good so fast?
On campus arena. BOOM!

Seriously, there's a woman on the team who is so dominant with her spikes that just her presence is a huge advantage. VB seems like BB. If you have a vastly superior individual performer, you should be an elite team immediately.

On campus arena. BOOM!

Seriously, there's a woman on the team who is so dominant with her spikes that just her presence is a huge advantage. VB seems like BB. If you have a vastly superior individual performer, you should be an elite team immediately.

Well you would think since women's vb has been strong since the 80's they would have enough women going thru the system who are now potential donors to fund their new vb arena. Then again... they are probably just as jaded as all the other Pitt alumni.

So you’re telling me that Pitt Volleyball scheduled a #10 Oregon team and #4 PSU out of conference matches and won?! I’m sure there’s Pitt fans out there that wouldve rather seen them schedule Southern New Hamshire U for the guaranteed win.

Congrats on a big win for Pitt's program. They didn't just win, they dominated. Penn State seldom loses at home. Getting swept in 3 sets is incredibly rare. If Pitt can win again at home on Sunday, they could move up to 3rd in the new AVCA poll.

So you’re telling me that Pitt Volleyball scheduled a #10 Oregon team and #4 PSU out of conference matches and won?! I’m sure there’s Pitt fans out there that wouldve rather seen them schedule Southern New Hamshire U for the guaranteed win.
Please tell me you are joking. You would be better off comparing another sport to volleyball. Pitt football only plays 12 games.

Please tell me you are joking. You would be better off comparing another sport to volleyball. Pitt football only plays 12 games.
Yeah, I would hope that it was a silly attempt at humor. Especially since the program has gained its prominence by winning against relatively weak schedules until it gained enough momentum to be competitive against elites these past 2 years. If he was serious, he's equally ignorant about how Pitt can succeed in both sports.

It’s just a poke at humor. Scheduling, attendance, and tarps seem to be the most talked about things here.

And be careful, there will also be elbow-patched profs and weed-reeking TAs angrily demanding the administration reign in this out of control volleyball program.

Reactions: LVNVPanther

Or because we are actually one of the top schools and have been there a while we should schedule up.

When you are not and need wins to build the perception and to get moment you dont.

"Sunday’s record-setting crowd was more than six times the size of the volleyball team’s previous season-high draw, which was 824 for its top-10 matchup with Oregon at the Fitzgerald Field House on Sept. 11. Had Sunday’s match been held at the same venue, it would have been filled to its capacity of 4,122, with an overflow of 1,073 spectators."

https://www.cardiachill.com/2019/9/...e-nittany-lions-top-10-petersen-events-center

I'm not so sure it was "so fast", but the obvious answer is that they hit a home run with their coaching hire. This is Fisher's seventh season, and the team has gotten better all along the way.

The same thing happened with wrestling.
Home run with the coaching hire.

There must be a connection between great coaches and great teams.

This summer I had my PITT wrestling t shirt on and a guy with a Lehigh wrestling shirt walked up to me and said you have a great coach up there now. At the time I wasn't in PA so things are looking up for PITT olympic sports.

Last edited:
Good lord; from the picture it appears that women's' volley ball attendance is greater than football attendance.

An exaggeration on your part but I get it. My wife and I attended Sunday to see what the buzz was about and had a great time. The atmosphere was electric, unlike our basketball entries the last few years. This team is really good and came so close to sweeping the nits. So proud of the girls!

Reactions: HailToPitt725
An exaggeration on your part but I get it. My wife and I attended Sunday to see what the buzz was about and had a great time. The atmosphere was electric, unlike our basketball entries the last few years. This team is really good and came so close to sweeping the nits. So proud of the girls!
The poster in question is a PSU fan, attempting to throw dirt on Pitt's football team. Nothing more, nothing less.

Pitt owns so much real estate in their heads that they win the game, and still have to come over here to let us know they don't care about us.

How cute.

"Sunday’s record-setting crowd was more than six times the size of the volleyball team’s previous season-high draw, which was 824 for its top-10 matchup with Oregon at the Fitzgerald Field House on Sept. 11. Had Sunday’s match been held at the same venue, it would have been filled to its capacity of 4,122, with an overflow of 1,073 spectators."

https://www.cardiachill.com/2019/9/...e-nittany-lions-top-10-petersen-events-center
Why do I feel like they had a previous match in the Pete that was a record attendance with about 1000?

Maybe it was gymnastics or wrestling I'm thinking about.

Why do I feel like they had a previous match in the Pete that was a record attendance with about 1000?

Maybe it was gymnastics or wrestling I'm thinking about.
The 824 mark was for this season. They may have had an attendance record of c. 1000 in a game last season. I don't know, just speculating.

Reactions: cease10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT