ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs BC - Game 1

I see they are going with the no announcer, dad/cell phone production. Every time I sit down to actually watch a Pitt baseball game, this is the case and then I turn it off. Baseball is boring enough. Cant take it without announcers and the cell phone camera.

Nice win. Got a little tight there in the 8th but got out of the bases loaded jam. Clinched acc tourney birth

Perfect example of everything wrong with the telecasting standards. Top of the 9th. Bases loaded. Two outs. Who was the ball hit to? Was the play reviewed. (Yes it was but you wouldn’t know it from the telecast.) It’s worse than when the pitcher from Massachusetts, Sarah Dawson’s dad, used to broadcast the softball games on Periscope from his seat. At least he moved his video camera around and occasionally did commentary.

If Pitt is responsible for the telecast, memo to Heather Lyke: You have an exciting, nationally-ranked baseball team. You had two announcers and three cameras for the softball team. How about the same for baseball? It’s embarrassing for there to be a telecast like tonight’s.

The other key moment in the game was in the 5th when Myers got Sal Frelick to fly out to CF with the bases loaded and 2 out. Frelick's projected to go in the top half of the first round of the MLB draft.

Nice win. Got a little tight there in the 8th but got out of the bases loaded jam. Clinched acc tourney birth

Perfect example of everything wrong with the telecasting standards. Top of the 9th. Bases loaded. Two outs. Who was the ball hit to? Was the play reviewed. (Yes it was but you wouldn’t know it from the telecast.) It’s worse than when the pitcher from Massachusetts, Sarah Dawson’s dad, used to broadcast the softball games on Periscope from his seat. At least he moved his video camera around and occasionally did commentary.

If Pitt is responsible for the telecast, memo to Heather Lyke: You have an exciting, nationally-ranked baseball team. You had two announcers and three cameras for the softball team. How about the same for baseball? It’s embarrassing for there to be a telecast like tonight’s.
And despite PA allowing 50% attendance, Pitt has decided to allow 0 fans (besides parents).

Best baseball team in school history but no fans allowed and no announcers allowed. What's going on?

And despite PA allowing 50% attendance, Pitt has decided to allow 0 fans (besides parents).

Best baseball team in school history but no fans allowed and no announcers allowed. What's going on?
Call Heather and ask.

It looked like there were fans there who were not players relatives unless there are more players relatives than I thought. In fact it looked liked there were two separate ticket windows and they were sending fans to the other if they weren't supposed to be at that one. Either way I just watched from outside the gate.

Reactions: ThePanthers
It looked like there were fans there who were not players relatives unless there are more players relatives than I thought. In fact it looked liked there were two separate ticket windows and they were sending fans to the other if they weren't supposed to be at that one. Either way I just watched from outside the gate.

I've received emails to purchase tickets from the athletic office. Unfortunately with my kids soccer and traveling haven't been able to take advantage.

I've received emails to purchase tickets from the athletic office. Unfortunately with my kids soccer and traveling haven't been able to take advantage.
Its probably just select invites. I got a few soccer invites since I was a season ticket holder. Haven't gotten any for baseball though I have attended 1-2 baseball games per year since that field opened. Even still, they should be allowing 50% attendance.

I think we are 3 players away from being a top 10 baseball team. One more solid starter, one more good relief pitcher who can give you 2 or 3 good innings and one more bat, either in CF or C.

What worries me for the future is that this is a senior-dominated team with its best two pitchers being draft-eligible juniors. I don’t see guts like Yanni and Popa staying around for another season. We need to enjoy this season because it might be the only good one for a few years.

Anyone know who Bell has signed for next year? This year, it seemed like half of the team were transfers.

I think we are 3 players away from being a top 10 baseball team. One more solid starter, one more good relief pitcher who can give you 2 or 3 good innings and one more bat, either in CF or C.

What worries me for the future is that this is a senior-dominated team with its best two pitchers being draft-eligible juniors. I don’t see guts like Yanni and Popa staying around for another season. We need to enjoy this season because it might be the only good one for a few years.

Anyone know who Bell has signed for next year? This year, it seemed like half of the team were transfers.
You are most likely right. I think we'll be more competitive than in the past, but enjoy this season. And we are going to have to rely on transfers. Better players go south or to cali.

You worry too much and focus on the negatives man.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce

Yanni and Popa are seniors, so they couldn’t return if they wanted to. The 2021 class is headlined by Tommy Tavarez, a borderline top 100 middle infielder from NYC. Two big righthanded power arms from Atlanta and Johnstown, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT