ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Duquesne Men’s Soccer

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
Started to write 2-0 but Petkovic scored his second in 2 minutes to make it 3-0 in the 24th minute. Could have/should have had 5.

Petkovic scored in the 23rd minute on a tap-in after a header hit the post. Jacquesson scored in the 17th minute off a beautiful pass from Noel. Petkovic’s second was on a header inside the box.

The new FB, the transfer from ND, had 3 really bad turnovers in the first half, and at least 5 turnovers overall in those 45 minutes.

Was a packed house and lined all around. Two great games today.
They didn't allow fans on the player bench sideline (Covid reasons Im sure) so although the crowd was an overflow, its probably only the 3rd or 4th largest crowd in Pitt soccer history as I've been to a few games where they were standinf along both sidelines and even some stading in the top row of the baseball stadium.

Pitt needs to do like a joint bleacher section along at midfield of the soccer field connecting to the 3rd base line of the baseball field. Maybe underneath, you could have another concession stand and bathrooms.

Really though, I'd just rip out the current bleacher section and put in a nicer "stadium seating" section. Go endline to endline or close to it.

They didn't allow fans on the player bench sideline (Covid reasons Im sure) so although the crowd was an overflow, its probably only the 3rd or 4th largest crowd in Pitt soccer history as I've been to a few games where they were standinf along both sidelines and even some stading in the top row of the baseball stadium.

Pitt needs to do like a joint bleacher section along at midfield of the soccer field connecting to the 3rd base line of the baseball field. Maybe underneath, you could have another concession stand and bathrooms.

Really though, I'd just rip out the current bleacher section and put in a nicer "stadium seating" section. Go endline to endline or close to it.
I thought the chicken fingers and curly fries were good.

• Haha
Reactions: HOF Coach
Is Dexter hurt or has he just been passed over?
I didn't understand that. I thought Mort played well and had a great cross for a goal but I'm still not sold on him. He reminds me, and this is probably a terrible example, of that WPIAL 1-2 star DB/LB that Pitt football has started for years when fans on message boards kept wondering how that guy was keeping more highly recruited non-WPIAL guys on the bench

Seth Hornack
Mark Ponko
Gary Urschler
Shane Murray
Austin Ransom
Terrish Webb
Dennis Briggs

Mort may just be one of those guys who outworks everyone. For this kid from a small 1A WPIAL school to be keeping all these international stars on the bench is a testament to him.

Attendance was 1,310. So more than full based on the stated capacity.
Correct. Bleachers were full. I mean you could have found a few dozen empty seats but that's typical with GA seating. Fans were standing shoulder to shoulder along the rail from bleacher side to behind the goals so there's your extra several hundred. Would like to see Pitt put in some temporary seating, especially for ACCT and NCAAT games. Remember, you host until the College Cup so Pitt could be hosting 3 NCAAT games. An Elite 8 game vs a semi-local team like a PSU, WVU, Marshall, etc could draw 5000 people if the weather is ok. Obviously they'd have to cut it at around 2500 or so

Correct. Bleachers were full. I mean you could have found a few dozen empty seats but that's typical with GA seating. Fans were standing shoulder to shoulder along the rail from bleacher side to behind the goals so there's your extra several hundred. Would like to see Pitt put in some temporary seating, especially for ACCT and NCAAT games. Remember, you host until the College Cup so Pitt could be hosting 3 NCAAT games. An Elite 8 game vs a semi-local team like a PSU, WVU, Marshall, etc could draw 5000 people if the weather is ok. Obviously they'd have to cut it at around 2500 or so
Dustin is a really good dude. He’s a good follow if you’re interested in our women’s program. Here he tweets a pic from the men’s game.

Reactions: HOF Coach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT