ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Indiana

ThePanthers

Head Coach
May 4, 2009
Pitt vs iu in the college cup. Going to be a tough one. Other side of the bracket is Marshall vs unc. We didn't get any breaks on our side.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Pitt vs iu in the college cup. Going to be a tough one. Other side of the bracket is Marshall vs unc. We didn't get any breaks on our side.
IU is the team that worried me when the brackets came out. And for as good as this Pitt team is, we are still Pitt. So assuming Pitt will Pitt, I expect a loss in the final to Marshall, or a UNC team that we were better than.

Reactions: Pitt79
This one worries me. I'm not going to pretend to be a soccer expert but just given indianas history etc, I just see them moving on and then smoking unc or Marshall.

IU is the team that worried me when the brackets came out. And for as good as this Pitt team is, we are still Pitt. So assuming Pitt will Pitt, I expect a loss in the final to Marshall, or a UNC team that we were better than.
Way to keep moving the bar. The season has been a success win or lose. Pitt would not be in the Final 4 if they were the same ole Pitt. The same ole Pitt wouldn’t even be in this position.

This one worries me. I'm not going to pretend to be a soccer expert but just given indianas history etc, I just see them moving on and then smoking unc or Marshall.
UNC did smoke us in April. But that game was an outlier. I actually like playing them after they beat us soundly.

I watched a little vs SHU. Pitt has better players. IU is similar to Washington in that they are all American kids. They're organized, well-drilled, but dont have the offensive firepower that Pitt does. If you noticed, most of Washington's chances came off of set pieces or long throws.

Indiana is a good team and can beat us but we'll be favored. Lets not forget they drew St. Francis Brooklyn, needed a late comeback vs Marquette. They also managed to lose to NW and draw PSU.

Way to keep moving the bar. The season has been a success win or lose. Pitt would not be in the Final 4 if they were the same ole Pitt. The same ole Pitt wouldn’t even be in this position.
UNC dominated us in March. Dominated. I was a little worried after that game.

Reactions: jctrack
Geez - by any measure making the Final 4 for a program that just a few years ago was among the very worst of any program in any sport in major college athletics is outstanding.

Not a knock on you - but man I can’t stand the defeatist ‘Pitting’ mentality. We act as if other programs and schools never lose . I’ve enjoyed so much watching soccer, volleyball, baseball , wrestling have their best seasons perhaps ever.

Geez - by any measure making the Final 4 for a program that just a few years ago was among the very worst of any program in any sport in major college athletics is outstanding.

Not a knock on you - but man I can’t stand the defeatist ‘Pitting’ mentality. We act as if other programs and schools never lose . I’ve enjoyed so much watching soccer, volleyball, baseball , wrestling have their best seasons perhaps ever.
I’m just having fun. I’m a realist who is enjoying this more than most. That said, did you see how the volleyball team lost in the elite 8? I think they had three match points, two of which they won and thought they advanced, but then the calls were overturned by replay. That’s not pitting, but it is an example of how our beloved school finds creative ways to have our hearts pulled out of our chests.

this is truly a historic run, as I’m not sure any program in our history has ever reached a final 4 (that didn’t start with 4 or 8 teams). And we’ve never won an NCAA title in any sport. In a year of firsts, maybe we can win the whole thing!

Reactions: ThePanthers
By the way, who wouldn't have thought that recruiting Euros or South Americans was not a path to winning in soccer? I actually wonder why Pitt doesn't recruit some foreigners for basketball?

By the way, who wouldn't have thought that recruiting Euros or South Americans was not a path to winning in soccer? I actually wonder why Pitt doesn't recruit some foreigners for basketball?

You need to get the good ones to come here first. JV has those connections.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT