ADVERTISEMENT

Bid stealer and mid-major conference tournament thread

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
1st one up is Indiana State vs Drake. The consensus is that Drake is out with a loss and that Indiana State is still in with a loss. I'm not so sure either is true as I can see the MVC getting 1 or 2 no matter what the result is today but I guess its safer if Indiana State wins.

BTW, figured I'd put this in this thread. Did anyone see what happened in the Pepperdine vs Pacific game? It was an 8/9 game between 2 teams who fired their coaches so you figured it'd be a close game. Pepperdine lead 26-0, 39-2, and 56-9 at halftime enroute to a 102-43 win. WTF? That's like one of those games you hear about when a D1 teams plays one of those bible schools.

Need St. Mary's to beat Santa Clara tonight.
It’s St Mary’s vs Gonzaga. You feeling ok?

As Lunardi said, the unique thing this year is that the bubble can really only get bigger, not smaller. Richmond and USF are in the field, but if FAU or Dayton win the leagues, they drop out. Unless a really crazy team like Butler or Ohio St wins a league, that’s really it.

It’s St Mary’s vs Gonzaga. You feeling ok?

As Lunardi said, the unique thing this year is that the bubble can really only get bigger, not smaller. Richmond and USF are in the field, but if FAU or Dayton win the leagues, they drop out. Unless a really crazy team like Butler or Ohio St wins a league, that’s really it.

Dang, I swear I saw that.

You are right about the American and A10. I dont like that bracketologists project the regular season champ as in. Both USF and Richmond are projected to win the tournament while neither is the favorite to win the tournament. We need Dayton and FAU to win the tournaments so those become 1 bid leagues. It seems pretty likelu though that at least one of them wont win it.

Dang, I swear I saw that.

You are right about the American and A10. I dont like that bracketologists project the regular season champ as in. Both USF and Richmond are projected to win the tournament while neither is the favorite to win the tournament. We need Dayton and FAU to win the tournaments so those become 1 bid leagues. It seems pretty likelu though that at least one of them wont win it.
Pitt is moving up the bubble right now, not down. Almost everyone has us first 4 out. I really think a win against Wake makes us pretty hard to leave out. Check out the below. We just need to finish ahead of 4 of the “bubble” teams, and this ASSUMES USF and Richmond in the field. So 5 could become 7, and I’m telling you TCU should be awfully worried if they lose to Oklahoma. (Worse OOC than us)

Pitt is moving up the bubble right now, not down. Almost everyone has us first 4 out. I really think a win against Wake makes us pretty hard to leave out. Check out the below. We just need to finish ahead of 4 of the “bubble” teams, and this ASSUMES USF and Richmond in the field. So 5 could become 7, and I’m telling you TCU should be awfully worried if they lose to Oklahoma. (Worse OOC than us)

I like that graphic, 5 spots for 9 teams but is that projecting that FAU and Dayton do NOT win their conference tournaments because if so, then its 7 spots for 9 teams.

Nova is out for sure if they dont make the semis. And I cant see New Mexico unless they go on a run. So are we back to rooting for Wake to lose Wednesday to give us an easier game and knocking Wake off bubble?
I’d be rooting for Clemson to absolutely murder UVA too. Win that game like 64-45.

Maybe we are ahead of UVA right now? We have the H2H, better Net…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT