ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs NC thread (aka how will Pitt blow the 10 point lead and allow NC to score 28 unanswered points.)

Very nice opening drive! 3rd down conversion to Means was huge!

Well, I came up to the cabin and the cable is out and my ESPN app isn't working for some reason. All I got is static filled radio-side. It sounds good so far though!

None of that condensed set.garbage = Slovis plays much better.

I'm fully expecting them to try to force it next drive. Hope I'm wrong.

Turkey Devonshire with the low IQ return and Slovis is bobbling consecutive snaps out of the shotgun. Also no need for him to bail out of the pocket on that third down. He did that way too quickly probably due to so much pressure from previous games -- but UNC seems content to not blitz at all so far.

Why do our d'backs never turn to look for the ball? That had no chance of being a completion either. #smh

Sometimes I wonder if Pitt teaches their cornerbacks to NOT turn and look for the ball

Sometimes I wonder if Pitt teaches their cornerbacks to NOT turn and look for the ball

They don't. They want the DBs running with the receivers, because they don't think that college quarterbacks can complete a pass to a receiver who has a defender running with him, even if the defender never looks back for the ball.

Reactions: Pitt8189
Every offensive possession for Pitt needs to score 3 or 7. Can’t go
3 and out against these guys.

Why do our d'backs never turn to look for the ball? That had no chance of being a completion either. #smh
I wrote about this last week. Since there is no threat of our DBs turning and actually trying to intercept the ball there are three things that can happen on a deep sideline route.

1. incompletion
2. Catch for a lot of yards
3. Pass Interference

66% of those things are good for the offense. With that kind of breakdown I would try that throw at least once every drive.

H2P

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT