ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt - Wake Forest Game Thread

Clawson basically killed his team with that FG decision, you almost never see coaches kick there for a very good reason. Just killed the momentum they had going.

Agree this game might be tied had he gone twice

Suratt's forebears were part of the Confederate plan to kill Lincoln and decapitate the US government in April of 1865. It was poetic justice that he slipped and permitted Pinnock to intercept that pass! H2P !

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Suratt's forebears were part of the Confederate plan to kill Lincoln and decapitate the US government in April of 1865. It was poetic justice that he slipped and permitted Pinnock to intercept that pass! H2P !

Guy fled the country and let his mother suffer the death penalty.

Takeo actually thought Pickett fell on purpose to keep the clock running? Yeah like anyone would do that with 4+ minutes left.

Reactions: President Stache
Kenny could've scored on that bootleg... a big opening appeared and he kicked it into gear... only to stumble over his own feet. Hoepfully this extra time allows the clock to burn down

Jimmy Morrison was wearing that OL knee brace that HCPC demands. It looked to me on reply like it prevented too much ankle or knee distortion when Stefano rolled up Morrison's back leg. I'd worry more about the ankle than the knee from what I saw.

Who's our 2nd string C??

For those whining about refs screwing Pitt?

Nah- it’s always funny
The ACC is going to fire that crew. They couldn't prevent Pitt from winning. They will all get a big ass chewing by the ACC higher ups then shown the door. they had an agenda to get another ACC team a bowl, make sure UVA with its large fan base and improved TV ratings got into the champsionship, adn they screwed it up massively. At least that is what I was told today.

Im sure they will get a new crew in for the next game and be very clear about what they expect from them.

The ACC is going to fire that crew. They couldn't prevent Pitt from winning. They will all get a big ass chewing by the ACC higher ups then shown the door. they had an agenda to get another ACC team a bowl, make sure UVA with its large fan base and improved TV ratings got into the champsionship, adn they screwed it up massively. At least that is what I was told today.

Im sure they will get a new crew in for the next game and be very clear about what they expect from them.
The adversity to win was almost too much to overcome the clear bias.
Because we all know desiring a private school with 3k students was the goal

Reactions: Toddy_Too_Hotty
Hmm... Paris Ford in the middle of the celebration crew. Where's that mountainqueer fan when you need him?
For those whining about refs screwing Pitt?

Nah- it’s always funny

Other than that last hold... I didn't see any issues. But we've seen this crew before. They are horrid.

Reactions: BFo8
Nice to see Paris Ford front and center in the celebration with the fans. One poster said he walked off the field before the celebration after the last win at Heinz.

Um. I don’t think the officials in the ACC are biased. I think they’re bad. I’ve seen plenty of their calls go our way. I do have a particular beef about the way this league calls pass interference penalties. IMO way too much deference is being given to receivers in situations where two players are basically hand fighting while the ball is in the air. Makes playing corner a total crapshoot.
I get that the rule says you can’t have your hands all over the receiver as the ball arrives. He shouldn’t be allowed to have his hands all over you either.

Sooner or later Pitt will figure out that a little shoving by our receivers is not only acceptable it seems to be standard procedure. BTW I think this development is a result of the innovative play known as the back shoulder pass. Sooner or later it will be addressed by rule. Just too hard to defend without committing PI.

Reactions: BFo8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT