ADVERTISEMENT

pitts 2020 recruiting class in Pennsylvania

Warriordan

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2001
other than the hvy from Brockville this is a disappointing class.mostly average wrestlers. and looking at all the good wrestlers that are leaving the state it is kind of depressing.2021 is starting of better with steen and McMillen.

Burnett is a stud (Ohio). I also have high hopes for Montgomery who was a late add. I think this class can look a lot better in a few years than it does now on paper. You are right though 2021 is shaping up to be a real nice class with Augustine as well as the two you already mentioned

Reactions: kirbycroft
My perspective so don't take it as gold but I would like to say I know the sport well. Schott from Nazareth is a big strong kid I would like to see him bulk up to heavyweight to use his athlelticscm. Csentisis has a beautiful high crotch shot. Intrigued by his potential but it wont be for a few seasons. Either am way the depth of this team is increasing exponentially. I am very intrigued by Like Montgomery from Bethel park

My perspective so don't take it as gold but I would like to say I know the sport well. Schott from Nazareth is a big strong kid I would like to see him bulk up to heavyweight to use his athlelticscm. Csentisis has a beautiful high crotch shot. Intrigued by his potential but it wont be for a few seasons. Either am way the depth of this team is increasing exponentially. I am very intrigued by Like Montgomery from Bethel park
Thanks for your insight!

Schott looks like a good athlete for his size. He looks like he could be pretty good but I don't know his personality or anything about his background.

Was he primarily a football player and not dedicated to wrestling until this point. If so, he is raw and might turn out to be really good when he starts thinking like a wrestler.

Its a very superficial opinion - I have not seen enough match and I have not seen him wrestle against top notched athletes

As it does every year, Pa Power ranked the top 250 Pa recruits for Class of 2020. Including prep, aaa, aa, and injured.

Colby Whitehill, Pitt 285, made the top ten at number 9 overall.

Does anyone have insight into the potential of either of the higher weight kids from Saucon Valley or Nazareth?
Schott is a late bloomer and got better by leaps and bounds each year. He was pretty good this year, but will need to keep improving at his current rate to be a force at Pitt.

Csencsits was pretty impressive the few times I saw him this year and is another guy who keeps improving. I think he is going to be a good one in a few years.

Either way, it is good that Pitt has finally got into the Lehigh Valley this year. The area is as good as any in the country for wrestling and we need to start pulling guys from there.

Last edited:
Schott is a late bloomer and got better by leaps and bounds each year. He was pretty good this year, but will need to keep improving at his current rate to be a force at Pitt.

Csencsits was pretty impressive the few times I saw him this year and is another guy who keeps improving. I think he is going to be a good one in a few years.

Either way, it is good that Pitt has finally got into the Lehigh Valley this year. The area is as good as any in the country for wrestling and we need to start pulling guys from there.
Just got another from Lehigh Valley. 2nd place 2A wrestler from Wilson named Kolby Flank!

As it does every year, Pa Power ranked the top 250 Pa recruits for Class of 2020. Including prep, aaa, aa, and injured.

Colby Whitehill, Pitt 285, made the top ten at number 9 overall.

If it’s true that we only got 1 of the top 10 prospects in the state, Whitehill at number 9, that is very disappointing. It’s nice to add depth to the wrestling room, but you also need studs. With PSU recruiting on such a national level, the cream of the crop should be pretty much available. Gavin can’t keep losing them to NC State, VT and other programs.

Additionally, we got one kid because Kolat got the Navy job and another because Old Dominion dropped the sport. That’s not going to be an oft-repeated phenomenon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT