ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt's narrow path to the NCAAT

I don't really care about the NIT. I will go to games to have an overpriced beer and hope to watch the young players improve. I am liking what I am seeing from Lowe and want to see better decisions from Bub.

That said, sure, we could make it at 11-1 the rest of the way. Or 10-2 and some tournament wins. Either of those, especially the 11-1, would probably be less likely then winning the conference tournament (idk, like a 2% chance instead of a 1% chance?)

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
They’re 3-5 in conference and may have finally figured things out. Just enjoy the young guards and in a few weeks if they’re still on a roll figure this out. If they win enough, it’ll take care of itself re: the quads.
A win this weekend, 4-5 in the league with the most talented opponents in the rearview mirror, and things get interesting.

I don't really care about the NIT. I will go to games to have an overpriced beer and hope to watch the young players improve. I am liking what I am seeing from Lowe and want to see better decisions from Bub.

That said, sure, we could make it at 11-1 the rest of the way. Or 10-2 and some tournament wins. Either of those, especially the 11-1, would probably be less likely then winning the conference tournament (idk, like a 2% chance instead of a 1% chance?)

I'm going just to see Lowe and Bub and enjoy them while we can. I hope they're back next year. But in this NIL world of crazies out there, you never know.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
Just win the next one, then the next one then the next one....

once you start to get a few games above .500 in conference then we can start worrying about the rest. It will fall into place if you keep winning.

I keep saying, play better. The rest will take care of itself.

The only question at this point is if we've dug enough of a hole that simply playing better won't be enough, that we need to play a lot better rather than just a little better.

The only question at this point is if we've dug enough of a hole that simply playing better won't be enough, that we need to play a lot better rather than just a little better.

I agree with you there. We can play better but still lose to Clem, NC State, Miami, Wake, etc. To do what we need to do, we need to basically play like we are at the level of a Top 15-20 type team the rest of the way and that might not be good enough.

Correct. With injuries. I cant put an asterisk on everything. You guys should know this.

You don't have to put an asterisk on everything. You could simply say what you mean. That is, after all, what everyone with a functioning brain assumes you mean.

Of course the problem with that is that you did say what you meant. And you were wrong. And you just can't bring yourself to say, wow, what a great win that was, I got that one completely wrong.

You don't have to put an asterisk on everything. You could simply say what you mean. That is, after all, what everyone with a functioning brain assumes you mean.

Of course the problem with that is that you did say what you meant. And you were wrong. And you just can't bring yourself to say, wow, what a great win that was, I got that one completely wrong.

I did say it was a great win.

I'm just glad we are having this conversation again. Just 5 days ago, it didn't even look possible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT