ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Article Pitt's newest commit: "I've always wanted to go to Pitt"

I’m not really asking about the school, i’m asking about the football program. Basically @BigBird80 seems to believe that unconditionally trashing Pitt football is the answer to making it better. That’s the only concrete thing he has suggested.

Uncoditionally supporting the program is NOT the answer.
Conditionally supporting the program IS the answer.

Reactions: moose121
We also got rid of Dixon to hire Stallings. That did not work.

I'm not going to turn this into a Dixon thread, but getting rid of him was the right move. Having an idiot in charge to make the wrong hire didn't help. Similar to having an idiot like Steve in charge to hire Haywood was moronic. I actually trust Lyke to get a good football coach in if she has to make the hire. We don't have to accept .500, we can do better.

Particularly if the facts don't fit the narrative.
Why don't you Tweet Pitt's latest diversity numbers too while you're doing your toadying? How many Eskimos do we have enrolled this term? It's about as relevant to the real world (the hiring, job performing world).

Irrefutable fact remains... many schools no better than Pitt, many worse, have a better reputation because of good sports

Reactions: brickfhouse
Btw I'm just killing some time before a SB party, nothing personal toward anyone. I'm sure the guy in question has some value. To be considered for a military academy is a great thing. I hate suggesting negativity towards actual players. They work hard and it's appreciated.

Reactions: Parkview57
I’ve been very tentative to get overly excited over Duzz’s recruiting classes the past two years and how everyone is flipping out about certain recruit’s offer sheets, but this guy had like Elon, Dartmouth and Holy Cross on his list; certainly a head scratcher of a recruit. I can’t wait to see this board if (probably when rather than if) Devonshire pulls on a UK hat Wednesday.

Reactions: richmin3
Avg. SAT Rate of Acceptance
1330 59%
1190 73%
1230 78%
SAT's???

SAT's are just a point in time indicator.
They show little or nothing regarding how successful a person will be.Parents love to brag about their kids SAT's.

I hated tests and did poorly in school until my Jr /Sr college years where testing begins to be replaced by other evalutation methods, I did great in grad school and even better in the real world working.

One of our kids was 4th in his large HS class, had above avg. not real high SAT's, ended up 3rd in his major at PITT and is killing it in the real world working.

At his graduation honors ceremony his advisor made a comment that a lot of kids that he advised with high SAT's never made it to graduation.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Since Narduzzi bats a thousand in recruiting, if he sees enough in this kid to offer him, then that's good enough for me!

Who said this? “I’d rather take a shot at a lower ranked kid you can develop in 2-3 years.”

I’ll answer...you said it in the Eric Kumah thread...bitching how you would not want to take him. Even though he put up better numbers then our WR’s and would start at Pitt.

So here is the lower ranked kid you can develop. This kid may turn out to do nothing as many kids do. But he has athletic ability to work with. Can run and hit. In the other article by Chris he talks about the kid dunking over 2 kids...there develop his athleticism.

You got the lower ranked kid who has physical tools but of course you still bitch, which you have a right to do. Show up tomorrow morning at Heathers office with a sign. I’m sure it will go well for you...

Who said this? “I’d rather take a shot at a lower ranked kid you can develop in 2-3 years.”

I’ll answer...you said it in the Eric Kumah thread...bitching how you would not want to take him. Even though he put up better numbers then our WR’s and would start at Pitt.

So here is the lower ranked kid you can develop. This kid may turn out to do nothing as many kids do. But he has athletic ability to work with. Can run and hit. In the other article by Chris he talks about the kid dunking over 2 kids...there develop his athleticism.

You got the lower ranked kid who has physical tools but of course you still bitch, which you have a right to do. Show up tomorrow morning at Heathers office with a sign. I’m sure it will go well for you...

This kid is scraping the bottom of the barrell low. Is he even ranked?

When I read Narduzzi got a commitment, my reaction is like "noooooooooooooo." Then I think should I click to find out if its as bad as I think. So, I do and again its "noooooooooooooo."

At his graduation honors ceremony his advisor made a comment that a lot of kids that he advised with high SAT's never made it to graduation.

Did the advisor mention what happened to his high school friends that scored less than 850 on their math/reading combined?

Why don’t people like you ever learn from history? Walt Harris and Dave Wannstedt had Pitt on firm ground, provided stability, and were averaging about 8 wins a year. People like you thought Pitt could do better when the reality is Pitt is more likely to go backwards. Refer to the fiasco that happened after Wanny.
Ain't that the truth. If you want to place blame then you can look no farther than the Pitt Admin for this debacle. Their coaching hires after Wanny, a Pitt Homer no less, have made Pitt the laughing stock of College football. Meanwhile 90 miles east Big Brother is killing it in Recruiting bringing in four star after four star. There's definitely a correlation between winning relative to star ratings. Look no further than Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia and Clemson and their season records. Mediocrity is the best Pitt can hope for given their sad state of recruiting. I doubt there's one player from Pitt that would be recruited to play on any of the above mentioned teams.

Reactions: CCvNYC
Maybe all the brave boys on the thread who object to him signing with Pitt should contact his parents and demand he withdraw his committment.
I get tired of grown men using pseudonyms berating a high school player.
I am always glad when someone who busts his rear end to improve himself selects Pitt as a place where he wants to grow into a man.
And I always remind myself that his name...his real name...will be on the back of his jersey.

You can gripe all ya want about recruiting and it will not help get better recruits. They simple do not want to come to PITT. We can't even win a lower level bowl game. They will not come until we win. The coaching staff must coach up the players we get and teach them to win. Until then this will continue for years to come.

How good are the two kids in that 2020 class at that school? Maybe they think offering and getting this guy helps their chances.

You can gripe all ya want about recruiting and it will not help get better recruits. They simple do not want to come to PITT. We can't even win a lower level bowl game. They will not come until we win. The coaching staff must coach up the players we get and teach them to win. Until then this will continue for years to come.

They want to go to that legendary program in Lexington, Kentucky. I almost fell out of my chair when I read that last year's team was their BEST EVER! Talk about no tradition.

You are exactly right. He talks out of both sides.

They want to go to that legendary program in Lexington, Kentucky. I almost fell out of my chair when I read that last year's team was their BEST EVER! Talk about no tradition.

Do u really believe....in the eyes of 17 year old kids that Pitt has a tradition?

At least.....a tradition to be proud of?

Kentucky....by comparison to Pitt is killing it.

Not saying much I know....but the recruits we lose to Kentucky should come as no surprise these days.

Yea.its.that.bad.

Reactions: bubba31
Help me, I don’t get why all the negative comments on this kid. Obviously, he likes to hit, has a great motor, appears to read well on defense and was vital in multiple roles for his team, he appears to be a leader. To me this kid is a football player and I am glad he is going to be a Panther. Stop with all the Stars nonsense and the retribution of not buying tickets. Instead of stressing out on a young man, who you don’t know and are not qualified to evaluate, help the team by eliminating Pitt’s biggest recuiting issue, fan support, by putting your butt in the seats on Saturdays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT