ADVERTISEMENT

Please read

Don't ever tell me Pitt isn't cheap , they don't give a darn and they won't give a darn. Duzz was wise , he would get out if he can, even if it's a MAC job. Where he can coach on an even playing field as the others and revive his career for a big pay day somewhere. And I'm not even a fan of his , just the smart thing to do

Last edited:
Reactions: therod
I hope the administration and AD are considering tarping the upper end zone.

About time.

Has NO NEGATIVE impact on recruiting.

Winning football games and sending players into the NFL has an impact on recruiting.

Give Narduzzi the money for the coaches (from the $500 million being saved by not building an on campus football stadium).

Now that Jamie is gone I don't see that we are able to pack our beautiful on campus basket ball stadium.

AD Barnes. So much damage in so little time.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Reactions: therod

About time.

Winning football games and sending players into the NFL has an impact on recruiting.

Give Narduzzi the money for the coaches (from the $500 million being saved by not building an on campus football stadium).

Now that Jamie is gone I don't see that we are able to pack our beautiful on campus basket ball stadium.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Barnes did what he was told to do. Hire a "cheap" basketball coach who will stumble along with seasons close to Dixon's worse which were his last three years.

Unfortunately the calculus went wrong and Stalling was a basketball toxic waste zone instead of just a cheap coach.

Noone could possibly believe Barnes hired Stalling and noone new Stalling was a below average coach.

All the transaction approvers had to do was a little work on google to figure out Stalling was a 17 yr loser at Vandy! + I'm sure they were presented with key information about Stalling and the hire.

Transaction approvers are supposed to understand what they approve.

It was an intentional hire that went wrong.

Duzz has too many excuses for my liking. His recruiting doesn't suck because people are discussing tarps and his gameplans and personnel management don't suck because his assistants want more money.

Next season, he and his staff are going to have a ton of 2016 recruits that should be making contributions to a winning product on the field. Zero excuses will be accepted. He told me to "wait and see" how good Thomas MacVittie would be. I've been told that Butler and Smith are absolute steals at WR. Hamlin, Miller, Pugh and others were big wins on the recruiting trail. Next year they will be dynamic forces that turn this defense into one of the best in the ACC.......or........this staff has failed. 6-6 isn't acceptable. That is where we were. None of these guys are going to be fire mind you. This is the bed we've made. These guys can be incompetent for another year and still have some degree of job security. That is the deal they made when they signed their contracts. The flip side is that they have to earn what other staffs are entitled to. If they want more money, stop sucking. There isn't a single coach on this staff worthy of a raise or promotion and at this point, likely none of them could even make a lateral career move if they wanted to.

About time.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

So you never had this issue when you were out recruiting HS kids? Where was it you coached again?

Barnes did what he was told to do. Hire a "cheap" basketball coach who will stumble along with seasons close to Dixon's worse which were his last three years.

Unfortunately the calculus went wrong and Stalling was a basketball toxic waste zone instead of just a cheap coach.

Noone could possibly believe Barnes hired Stalling and noone new Stalling was a below average coach.

All the transaction approvers had to do was a little work on google to figure out Stalling was a 17 yr loser at Vandy! + I'm sure they were presented with key information about Stalling and the hire.

Once again, Stalling is not cheap.....over 2 million/year for an iron clad 6 years

Pitt is the pirates. Everything is run on the cheap. Doesn't matter if they are making money or not. You can't tell me that they went from 8 million a year tv contract to 20 million but somehow they have no more money to put into the program than they did 4 years ago. If they were losing money before and now they are breaking even ok keep losing the same amount you did before or drop the charade and go FCS.

More like Pitt is like the Browns.........nothing can go right for them ever!

At least Walt Harris built an exciting brand of football to watch.

I agree that the Stallings hire was terrible. I don't think it was because they were trying to make a cheap hire. That theory just doesn't make sense, because they could have hired a lot of young coaches for less than they're paying Stallings. I wish they would have hired a young coach, because at least there would be some upside potential.

think about this. In the last years of the BE Pitt was paying TG 2 million a year plus 2 million for assistants and paying Dixon 3.2 million. So they were spending 7.2 million on the head BB coach and FB coaches. Now they are paying stallings 2 million so that means 5.2 million for FB would put them at the same level. They are also getting 12 million in additional revenue but somehow they don't want to even spend what they were.

Pitt is the pirates. Everything is run on the cheap. Doesn't matter if they are making money or not. You can't tell me that they went from 8 million a year tv contract to 20 million but somehow they have no more money to put into the program than they did 4 years ago. If they were losing money before and now they are breaking even ok keep losing the same amount you did before or drop the charade and go FCS.
I get this same feeling. no matter how much money they get, they'll always be left scrambling here, on cheap. it comes off more as a mindset than reality. PItt is in a P5 conference, have quadrupled their revenue from big east days and nothing seems to have changed with the finances..

Reactions: TD_istheman

Truth. They are way past good faith. They will have to invest and show a will to win before people buy in, they are getting hammered in the press for being as such now more than I can ever remember in my life

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT