ADVERTISEMENT

Poll on Narduzzi's best win

Which "Big Narduzzi Win " did you like the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mbe 34

All Conference
Nov 24, 2004
I'm voting for Miami win. Still feel real good about it. I was there to witness it. Win against the "canes" have been few and far between.

Beating the Peds will always be great but its happened many other times. That was a special win-since it probably kept them out of the playoffs.

Beating Clemson on the road was probably the best accomplishment - but Friday was just too exciting. Freshman QB - defensive secondary made play after play.

Reactions: We_All_We_Got
We blasted the Nits early, then had to hang on at home.
We battled toe-to-toe with undefeated #2 Clemson on their field and won at the buzzer.
But we DOMINATED #2 Miami in ALL phases of the game.

Clemson was satisfying to me because who saw it coming when they were driving to go up 49-34 possibly (I think?) then the Brightwell pick... Conner run... 4th down stop... Pitt loses that game 8-9 times out of 10.

I think a big win at home, something this program has been lacking since what, 2003?? Makes it more important. Like I said and have said over and over we got really no juice from the Clemson win last year.

Of course, everything depends on what happens next, right? What do we do with the win?

I have to admit, I was watching the Miami win with a smile on my face more than Clemson. Not denying beating Clemson in Clemson was a great win, but it was nailbiting, Clemson shot themselves in the foot repeatedly, poor defense. Miami, we kind of handled them at the LOS all day on both sides. Plus, I saw a Freshman, a true Freshman leading us and a defense full of underclassmen stopping Miami.

I don't think it is even close. Beating Miami is much more satisfying because we can see a future.

Clemson was a seasoned team and proven winner coming off a championship game bid the year before. They had a legit heisman candidate at QB. Pitt had to play them on the road in one of the most hostile venues where they hadn’t lost in like 3 years. Clemson was biggest win.

The Miami win may turn out to be the most important win.

A potential true program changer since it was done with so many key contributors retuning next year.

Excited for 2018 even with another tough schedule to start the season.

Not sure what UCF has retuning and now that the QB position has been addressed I think we will beat Penn State at home. Next year they will be the team that loses a lot of experienced players.

I don’t like voting for the Ped State win, but disdain is buried deep in my chromosomes.
Duzz has given us a few fine moments over the last three years. Sorry that I was of so little faith and not there on Friday, but the atmosphere had to have been great.
Here’s to hoping that experience will pay off for this coach. I vote to keep him here.
Patience and paychecks.

Clemson was a seasoned team and proven winner coming off a championship game bid the year before. They had a legit heisman candidate at QB. Pitt had to play them on the road in one of the most hostile venues where they hadn’t lost in like 3 years. Clemson was biggest win.
This

A really good question

I ended up voting for Clemson, but there are no wrong answers

Miami is a good choice since it was Pitts best game on paper, and it happened at home. And given Pitts history with them, we really do need to start beating them on some occasion

Psu was also at home, plus it at least temporarily shut up their loudmouth jacksss of a coach and their fans, who care about this game far more than they’ll ever admit

Still, I picked Clemson because that was the best team of the three, and the only one of the three whose highlights (still) give me goosebumps

Bingo!

It has to be Clemson or Miami. The PSU win was like beating Akron.

While the Miami QB was erratic , being generous, the game Friday was the best defensive effort since 13-9 at Pitt.

Limiting them to 45 yds rushing...4 Third down first downs, 2Pitt TOs and 2 three and out.

Many other individual outstanding plays.

It was close to as good as this team gets....

Clemson, of the 3, they where the best team we beat. And PSU, we might of been favored even? At the time PSU wasn't expected to go as far as they did.

Winning a big home game was critical this year to keep fans happy and maybe build some momentum in ticket sales next year. I was ready to give up my four club seats after UNC and VT, but the Miami win kept me in the fold.

It's like hitting a 300 yrd drive or jarring a chip shot in a round in which you shoot 98. Those nice shots are what keep you coming back.

Riding home from a Pitt Football game with a positive feeling was really something foreign to me and my father-in-law. We really didn't know what to do with ourselves.

Maybe this is not the "Same Old Pitt" anymore.

Clemson was most definitely the best win, but Kenny Pickett beating Miami and more young defenders making plays than ever before was more inspiring for the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT