ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Would you be more likely to attend a 6PM or 9PM game?

6 or 9

• 6PM

Votes: 34 85.0%
  • 9PM

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Starting games earlier than 7PM seems to be taboo for the ACC even though every other league does it. I guess the idea is that a 6PM or 6:30PM start time would significantly decrease attendance. But, just wondering, if given the choice and the opponent being the same, would you be more likely to attend a 6PM (not 6:30) or 9PM game at The Pete?

Always the earlier evening game, even on TV, being the 9PM game there's always the risk that the previous game runs over and you miss the beginning of the game you want to see. As for going in person, if I lived in Pittsburgh 6pm is better, but me, I've been able to leave work as early as 2:30 any time I feel like for 30 years.

Starting games earlier than 7PM seems to be taboo for the ACC even though every other league does it. I guess the idea is that a 6PM or 6:30PM start time would significantly decrease attendance. But, just wondering, if given the choice and the opponent being the same, would you be more likely to attend a 6PM (not 6:30) or 9PM game at The Pete?
Neither really matters to me. Way too many excuses either way.

We are at 87% 6PM over 9PM. I guess the next question would be for TV viewership, which gets higher ratings? ACC Basketball from 6PM-10PM or 7PM-11PM? I would think 6-10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT