ADVERTISEMENT

Poor schemes, stupidity and mistakes

Scheme would look better with a few more catches...mistakes yes yes yes

It really had nothing to do with play calling. The receivers drop passes, and quit on routes. What I do find fault with him was asking JJ Smith on a couple passes to pull and be able to get to a man on the outside. He could not get there for the block.

His play calling the redzone was simply confidence in the running game, cause Browne is very shaky throwing the ball. He doesnt throw the ball with a purpose. The first endzone drive Lopes had his man beat, but Browne just seem to throw it and hope Lopes caught it. It was there. Thats a pass a QB have to make, especially a 5th year Sr.

If the defense plays like it did today, and get a little better each week, we may have something.

It really had nothing to do with play calling. The receivers drop passes, and quit on routes. What I do find fault with him was asking JJ Smith on a couple passes to pull and be able to get to a man on the outside. He could not get there for the block.

His play calling the redzone was simply confidence in the running game, cause Browne is very shaky throwing the ball. He doesnt throw the ball with a purpose. The first endzone drive Lopes had his man beat, but Browne just seem to throw it and hope Lopes caught it. It was there. Thats a pass a QB have to make, especially a 5th year Sr.

If the defense plays like it did today, and get a little better each week, we may have something.

Good assessment. There's no scheme that can work with an immobile QB who stares down his receivers.

My biggest issue with the play calling is that they went to the jet sweep way too much and didn't use UPS focus on Hendersaon as a decoy as much as they should have. Also need to figure lit how to get Henderson open in space past the LOS.

The QB Makes the scheme Let's hope Dinuccis mobility adds a dimension to open up the offense

Agree on that pass. And the failure in the red zone possessions specifically. I had said before the game, we needed to win time of possession and i believe we did ... But also needed to score TDs after long drives. We didn't. That eliminated chance of victory.

I thought the coaching was pretty good. Two TO on the road against a good team is pretty tough to overcome. And when your QB is just ok, and is a statue, you don't have to many options.

Talent makes schemes better .
Talent makes your coaches smarter .
Better players make fewer mistakes .

The scheme is limited because of the QB play right now. Where I criticize the playcalling is the insistence on going back to plays that weren't working (every Henderson running play) and getting away from successful inside runs with Ollison. The red zone plays had a mix of bad calls and failed execution with some good defense mixed in as well.

Exactly. But why do you have a smurf running that corner route? It would have taken a perfectly thrown ball for him to get his hands on it. Matthews or Weah would have been a MUCH better choice. It's little details like this (and like you pointed out JJS issues) which Watson completely missed on.

The scheme is limited because of the QB play right now. Where I criticize the playcalling is the insistence on going back to plays that weren't working (every Henderson running play) and getting away from successful inside runs with Ollison. The red zone plays had a mix of bad calls and failed execution with some good defense mixed in as well.

BS... He went deep to Weah ONCE. Weah dropped it. So you don't go back to it??

BS... He went deep to Weah ONCE. Weah dropped it. So you don't go back to it??

Have you watched the Steelers when they go from Ben to Landry? The low percentage plays are limited. I personally would have taken several shots, but there's a reason they didn't go back to that play.

Have you watched the Steelers when they go from Ben to Landry? The low percentage plays are limited. I personally would have taken several shots, but there's a reason they didn't go back to that play.

You realize you're comparing a future HOF to a career backup, right? This isn't the NFL. If the OC is gonna go w/ Browne - he w/ the canon arm - then you need to go deep. The pass to Weah was perfectly thrown. He just dropped it. Makes no sense not to go back to it unless you have zero confidence in Weah to ever make the catch in coverage.

The point is going over your head if you don't think I understand the difference between talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT