ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming transfers to Pitt Football

rayrayH2P

Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 4, 2020
Of the transfers who have migrated to Pitt, who are you most intrigued by and who do you think will have the biggest impact in 2024?
I am most intrigued by WR Raphael Williams. Dude’s film is fun to watch. I think DE Nate Matlack makes the biggest impact.
This of course is all subject to change depending what happens within the spring transfer window.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Of the transfers who have migrated to Pitt, who are you most intrigued by and who do you think will have the biggest impact in 2024?
I am most intrigued by WR Raphael Williams. Dude’s film is fun to watch. I think DE Nate Matlack makes the biggest impact.
This of course is all subject to change depending what happens within the spring transfer window.
I think Keye Thompson has a chance to make a big impact.

Can someone post a comprehensive transfer in and transfer out list.....including guys who declared for the draft but had eligibility remaining like Means and others.

As long as they don't use NIL money on any of them. They need that NIL for the basketball team. None of the football players are worth risking losing someone on the hoops team.

On the transfers, most interested in the little RB and WRs to see how they translate at this level of football in the same offense.

I think the MLB Thompson is a good player and will have an impact. Don't know much about the DL guys, but we'll need them to step up.

Hope we don't lose anybody we don't want to after the coaching changes. It's no secret that most of our d-line recruits cited Patridge as the reason they chose Pitt and Kenny Johnson was tight with Underwood.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
Well hopefully the 2 DL and the LB transfers are plug in starters, otherwise Pitt could be very shaky at those positions

Well hopefully the 2 DL and the LB transfers are plug in starters, otherwise Pitt could be very shaky at those positions

Linebacker might be the position on the team I worry least about.

DeShields, Thompson, Lovelace, Bass, George, Louis... I mean we're talking about a full two deep with experience, and then we add Marcelin and Lindsey and still have Biles who at least played special teams last season.

DL is another story. Especially because it wouldn't shock me if that's the one assistant coach whose loss could lead to some undesirable portal happenings.

DeShields, Thompson, Lovelace, Bass, George, Louis... I mean we're talking about a full two deep with experience, and then we add Marcelin and Lindsey and still have Biles who at least played special teams last season.

DL is another story. Especially because it wouldn't shock me if that's the one assistant coach whose loss could lead to some undesirable portal happenings.
Agreed on the 2 OLBs but we needed a thumper at the Mike and the player from OU looks to be that.

I nominate you to make a comings and goings list. You got this

Lots of bodies…other than Deshields we have no idea what Pitt has at LB, particularly MLB, which is the specific transfer I was thinking of.

We really need that transfer DE, Matlack (?), to relegate Nate Temple to garbage-time playing time only…

And we need a DT or two to come out of nowhere and have an impact…

Go Pitt.

Reactions: CCHS82 and 4upmc
We really need that transfer DE, Matlack (?), to relegate Nate Temple to garbage-time playing time only…

And we need a DT or two to come out of nowhere and have an impact…

Go Pitt.

Well Hayes on one side, and then you have Temple, Brima, Matlack, Scott, and the dude from Clemson to fill in the other side and/or back up Hayes. May or may not be a gangbuster group, but it should be serviceable at worst.

I think Johnson moved inside... heh eh eh, heh eh eh.

Beavis-and-Butt-Head-Still-Paramount-Publicity-H-2022.jpg

Reactions: sonofabit
Well Hayes on one side, and then you have Temple, Brima, Matlack, Scott, and the dude from Clemson to fill in the other side and/or back up Hayes. May or may not be a gangbuster group, but it should be serviceable at worst.

I think Johnson moved inside... heh eh eh, heh eh eh.

Beavis-and-Butt-Head-Still-Paramount-Publicity-H-2022.jpg
Dec. 1, Temple and George: "Ima portal up and get paid. Respect my decision!"

2 weeks later, their best portal offer:

images

Dec. 29, Temple and George: "After much consideration I have decided to return to Pitt. Pittsburgh is my home! H2P!"

images

Dec. 29, Temple and George: "After much consideration I have decided to return to Pitt. Pittsburgh is my home! H2P!"

Can you blame them? Everyone is a free agent every year.

images

Luckily for us, I wouldn't expect either to be a starter. I'm admittedly a little surprised they took them back. Supposedly George did have some okay P4 offers. I think Temple's only P4 offer was Houston (though that obviously doesn't mean it came with a big bag).

Dec. 1, Temple and George:

images

George at least deserves a super size meal.

Temple, not so much......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT