ADVERTISEMENT

Poorly coached and lacking in talent

It was empty 25 minutes before kickoff, when I got to my seats, but it filled in admirably. I sit underneath the overhand and it's seldom that jam-packed in our section and the ones to the left and right of us. People wanted to be underneath the cover. I've been going to games for a long time; I know what 40k looks like, and we had over that. Lots of people in rhe concourse all night, too, as those young band kids were walking around all night.

Lower student section was also packed again, and there were people gathered under the 500-level overhangs on both sides.
You're wrong.

Message boards will forever be a place for misunderstanding points.

Small minded readers with sports misery on the minds.

Recruiting is good NOT blue blood great. I say again NOT blue blood great. Good enough though. There's a shit ton more of NFL starters on NFL rosters that have come from Pitt within the past few years than there was say 90's - 2015.

The playoffs are expanding in the future, I wasn't referring to the 4 team spot designed for Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson

I can't with you guys on here
There are a few former Pitt players who are starters but most of Narduzzi’s recruits are reserves and are, for the most part, DBs and DL….that’s a problem! This HC’s recruiting is unbalanced and he has done a poor job of recruiting offensive players across the board. And as for skill position players, forget it!

As everyone has pointed out Cignetti is hot garbage

But beyond that we have players getting dumb penalties which is a function of ooor coaching.

Bub means and Reynolds have been invisible. For all the talk about the frosh they can’t beat out these stiffs

The Ol is pedestrian

They have no one on the Dl that is a playmaker other than Hayes

This team is a joke

What penalties are you talking about? Most from this game were total shit calls. The ACC studio guys said the 2 penalties in a row of illegal sub and the taunting? was it call by McMillon where wrong calls.
The left handed throw by their qb on 4th down was a blown no call on unc for PI. Other than a couple false starts by the young line, which of course is not the coaches fault, what penalties do you think were the coaches fault?

What penalties are you talking about? Most from this game were total shit calls. The ACC studio guys said the 2 penalties in a row of illegal sub and the taunting? was it call by McMillon where wrong calls.
The left handed throw by their qb on 4th down was a blown no call on unc for PI. Other than a couple false starts by the young line, which of course is not the coaches fault, what penalties do you think were the coaches fault?
Too many illegal motion penalties….and the most blatant one wasn’t unfortunately called because Jurk got sacked on the play down near the goal line. Branson Taylor was a mess.

I don’t think the announcers had a problem with the McMillon call. They questioned that he shouldn’t have been called for a late hit OB or roughing but maybe it was for taunting. And once they saw the replay, they seemed to have no problem with the taunting call.

My 2 cents, I agree as well, stupid action by McMillon and he got called for it.

Too many illegal motion penalties….and the most blatant one wasn’t unfortunately called because Jurk got sacked on the play down near the goal line. Branson Taylor was a mess.

OK, so you think illegal motion penalties are on the coaches? I mean, I guess they may teach plays that are illegal motion, and the coaches have no idea about the rules... but I doubt it. I would all but guarantee its a player issue.

But, I asked for specifics anyways, where the coaches were the cause of a really bad penalty this week

I don’t think the announcers had a problem with the McMillon call. They questioned that he shouldn’t have been called for a late hit OB or roughing but maybe it was for taunting. And once they saw the replay, they seemed to have no problem with the taunting call.

My 2 cents, I agree as well, stupid action by McMillon and he got called for it.

I was at the game, so didnt hear it, but the ACC in studio guys said it wasnt a penalty, the guy was 'celebrating a good play'. Certainly he was not standing over the guy and taunting, which is what the rule says for that call, if it was taunting.

I was at the game, so didnt hear it, but the ACC in studio guys said it wasnt a penalty, the guy was 'celebrating a good play'. Certainly he was not standing over the guy and taunting, which is what the rule says for that call, if it was taunting.

It definitely looked like a textbook taunting call at the game. I thought he stood over him an flexed/yapped.

No QBs-again
No O line-again
No WRs-again
Poor OC-again

And you’re citing Nick Patti as an example of QB recruiting and development.

Great post.
Yup. Recruiting may be “solid” on the defensive side of the ball but on offense it’s Putrid

We’ve hear how Great the frosh Wr are and they can’t get a sniff with Reynolds and Bub starting ahead of them. They either stink or the coaches are morons. Or it could be both

I don’t know if it’s just the people on here, but there are times I kind of want to hit a period of lows to just bring some reality back to what kind of program we are. We don’t have the culture or support of a blue blood. Reality is hanging around 7 or 8 wins with a 9, 10, or 11 win season mixed in occasionally is pretty damn good.

Reminds me of the people bitching the Dixon lead bb teams weren’t good enough.

OK, so you think illegal motion penalties are on the coaches? I mean, I guess they may teach plays that are illegal motion, and the coaches have no idea about the rules... but I doubt it. I would all but guarantee its a player issue.

But, I asked for specifics anyways, where the coaches were the cause of a really bad penalty this week
I understand your main point… sometimes one is torn as to whether to blame the coaches or players for some kinds of penalties. All I can say is that there is a connection between a team’s general sense of discipline and repeated penalties of the same type. This stuff should be ironed out in practice and players who are repeat offenders should find themselves on the bench

He literally did not. Stop trolling. You do realize you can easily watch the play online, I just did. THE STUDIO GUYS SAID IT WAS NOT A PENALTY!
The guy you’re replying to is definitely trolling but otherwise I don’t know what you weren’t looking at on that play doubleAAs. The replay they showed during the game clearly showed McMillon standing over and directing his taunt down at the UNC player he had just pushed OB.

Sounds reasonable to me. When a QB that has played sparingly comes into a bowl game against the 18th ranked team in the nation and takes control of the game like he did must have:
1. been coached up and 2. had the talent/savvy to play at a high level in college. This of course is much harder to do with long playing absences.
the problem was not the recruitment and development of Patti, it was playing SLOW-VICE that screwed the year up.
So you’re saying the coaches that “developed” Patti are morons to go out and find a starter for 2022 because despite his solid performance in one game, a bowl game, they didn’t feel good about Patti starting?

This is what happens when your HC puts his ego ahead of what's best for the team. Hiring Cignetti and calling Pittsburgh boo city is pathetic. Thx Pat 4 sabotaging your own program. Clown 🤡 show!! Players and fans deserve better than this. H2P!!!!
PN has never learned the power of silence. Additionally, he too often hires people only because he likes them. At this level you hire people based on their talent.
Cignetti I’m sure is a nice guy, but he had been a disaster.
I’d like to see him kick some ass and keep his mouth shut.
We are poorly coached.

Reactions: pierre93
So you’re saying the coaches that “developed” Patti are morons to go out and find a starter for 2022 because despite his solid performance in one game, a bowl game, they didn’t feel good about Patti starting?
No silly, you wrote that.

The guy you’re replying to is definitely trolling but otherwise I don’t know what you weren’t looking at on that play doubleAAs. The replay they showed during the game clearly showed McMillon standing over and directing his taunt down at the UNC player he had just pushed OB.
It was stupid and well within the expected tolerances of taunting. I think we all know that Miami and FSU would get away with that, as they do it literally every play, but we have to be smart enough to know WE won’t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT