ADVERTISEMENT

Poorly coached and lacking in talent

pittbb80

Chancellor
Oct 9, 2004
As everyone has pointed out Cignetti is hot garbage

But beyond that we have players getting dumb penalties which is a function of ooor coaching.

Bub means and Reynolds have been invisible. For all the talk about the frosh they can’t beat out these stiffs

The Ol is pedestrian

They have no one on the Dl that is a playmaker other than Hayes

This team is a joke

Reactions: Jim Z
This is what happens when your HC puts his ego ahead of what's best for the team. Hiring Cignetti and calling Pittsburgh boo city is pathetic. Thx Pat 4 sabotaging your own program. Clown 🤡 show!! Players and fans deserve better than this. H2P!!!!

Don’t try to cover your hurt with fake laughing. It’s only football. Relax.
I’m relaxed. Did you see the stadium? There were maybe 20000 in attendance I barely watched the game as well. This joke of a program has freed up my Saturday’s for more golf and saved me from wasting money on the away games we were going to attend.

We won 20 games in 2 seasons. Why are you guys complaining. That’s a banner and a trophy nobody can take from us. That’s the pinnacle of college football.

Signed. The SpecialSauce.
Really!?

I'm going to start rooting for Ohio State then. Although the recent success Pitt has had is great, it's not something as fan I'm going to hang my hat.

If I were a member of those teams or even a parent or relative then yeah, be proud of those accomplishments.

It would be like an old timer saying "yeah Pitt has a great football program, look at all the games they won back in the early 80's"

I’m relaxed. Did you see the stadium? There were maybe 20000 in attendance I barely watched the game as well. This joke of a program has freed up my Saturday’s for more golf and saved me from wasting money on the away games we were going to attend.

‘maybe 20000 in attendance’. That’s funny, article I just read said the announced attendance was 48,000+.

I know, it’s a running joke herein the difference between actual and Pitt-announced attendance but after just reading that article and then seeing your post, I had to laugh and comment on it.

Reactions: ThePanthers
We are certainly seeing the decline of the Narduzzi era now. The shelves look bare and there is nothing he can draw upon to get better recruits.
Recruiting is still solid.

It's the QB development that he is struggling with. I don't understand why he keeps going after failed experiments whose confidence is low and expects to plug and play them here.

Makes no sense!

Find a good prospect, develop them in the same system and go from there. Nick Patti for example.

Regardless of coach, this program is always one bad season from falling through the bottom. NIL, the pending conference dissolution, and the complacency of the coaches, AD and admin after having one really good season in 2021 are going to be very difficult to combat

It's the QB development that he is struggling with. I don't understand why he keeps going after failed experiments whose confidence is low and expects to plug and play them here.

Makes no sense!

Find a good prospect, develop them in the same system and go from there. Nick Patti for example.
Nick Patti? You serious? If that’s what this program is gonna have its sights on, time to shut it down.

Makes no sense!

‘Recruiting is still solid’. Has it really ever been solid?

And it sure seems like he keeps going after failed experiments at QB because he can’t really recruit any truly good prospects save KP.

It’s Definetly coaching, this team is is not a well coached team, lack of preparation, and discipline,

Reactions: 303vND

‘maybe 20000 in attendance’. That’s funny, article I just read said the announced attendance was 48,000+.

I know, it’s a running joke herein the difference between actual and Pitt-announced attendance but after just reading that article and then seeing your post, I had to laugh and comment on it.

There was definitely over 40. It was wayyyyy better than I thought it would be. A lot of people moved underneath the overhang to avoid getting wet. But the lower bowl was mostly full until halftime.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

Makes no sense!

He ran off the last good QB developer we had.

There was definitely over 40. It was wayyyyy better than I thought it would be. A lot of people moved underneath the overhang to avoid getting wet. But the lower bowl was mostly full until halftime.
That's not true at all. I was in my club seats and I can tell you that's false.

Observations:

Right now, what are your best weapons on offense?

A. Bartholomew - He should be getting more looks in the passing game than anyone…He won’t be here next year… The portal he will go…

B. Kenny Johnson - A playmaker. But golly gee, he’s only a freshman….We can’t play him!

C. Hammond - Runs hard…

All these players were recruited by Pitt. They didn’t come from the portal trash heap like:

Bub
Jurkovec
Reynolds
Christian V
Flemister
Epps

Moral of the story: Recruit and develop your own players. If you can’t do that, then you need to make changes….

* QB, WR, TE, recruiting is lacking…

* The season is over. Start playing any talented underclassmen that you have (not named Montravias Lloyd). Seymore, Polk, Che, Fowler, Kenny J.

As for the coaching staff, Cignetti, Borbley and possibly Underwear has to go. They need a QB coach…

Will any of this happen? No….

Reactions: 303vND
That's not true at all. I was in my club seats and I can tell you that's false.

It was empty 25 minutes before kickoff, when I got to my seats, but it filled in admirably. I sit underneath the overhand and it's seldom that jam-packed in our section and the ones to the left and right of us. People wanted to be underneath the cover. I've been going to games for a long time; I know what 40k looks like, and we had over that. Lots of people in rhe concourse all night, too, as those young band kids were walking around all night.

Lower student section was also packed again, and there were people gathered under the 500-level overhangs on both sides.

He ran off the last good QB developer we had.
Yeah I know, he has a problem.

And for the others guys, recruiting at the other positions again is pretty solid. Great no, solid yes. It's good enough to win the ACC and get a spot into the expanded playoffs once that begins.

Patti probably bounced because he didn't a fair shot. And that's my speculation, I don't how he looked in practice but I do know put in game situations he wasn't bad. Good enough to make me wonder why Duzz keeps going after outside talent.

Bottom line he sucks finding QB talent and being he a defensive minded coach, that's not a good thing

not great but not a disappointment. 9 wins, top 25 ranking, don't happen very often.
Wholeheartedly agree. But it seems to me that Narduzzi has hung his hat on the past two seasons and looks a little complacent.

Every game in college football is important. You must win every winnable game. Most people penciled in UNC as a loss, along with FSU, and ND. You can’t lose to Cincy and WVU.

Someone needs to send the message to Narduzzi. 7-8 win seasons are no longer acceptable. 7 wins should be considered a bad seasons. 8 wins should be considered mediocre.

I guarantee you people like Heather feel the same way. I’d bet my life on it.

It was a small crowd for what should’ve been an electric atmosphere. The students tried to bring the energy but the rest of the stadium was the quietest I’ve heard it in a long time.

There’s no denying the loss of NFL level talent from last season is hurting because they couldn’t replace it all. No playmakers on offense and none in the secondary.

The penalties and the big plays allowed show the lack of discipline on the team and the collective body language from the players in the second half wasn’t great. You could see they know things are slipping away in terms of wins and losses.

Makes no sense!

No QBs-again
No O line-again
No WRs-again
Poor OC-again

And you’re citing Nick Patti as an example of QB recruiting and development.

Great post.

Yeah I know, he has a problem.

And for the others guys, recruiting at the other positions again is pretty solid. Great no, solid yes. It's good enough to win the ACC and get a spot into the expanded playoffs once that begins.

Patti probably bounced because he didn't a fair shot. And that's my speculation, I don't how he looked in practice but I do know put in game situations he wasn't bad. Good enough to make me wonder why Duzz keeps going after outside talent.

Bottom line he sucks finding QB talent and being he a defensive minded coach, that's not a good thing
It's good enough to win the ACC and get a spot into the expanded playoffs once that begins.

Right-this past 9 years Dooz has been just a QB away from some more ACC championships and a CFP spot.

More posting excellence. Bravo sir!

Reactions: Las Panteras

And it sure seems like he keeps going after failed experiments at QB because he can’t really recruit any truly good prospects save KP.
It’s Definetly coaching, this team is is not a well coached team, lack of preparation, and discipline,

· “It’s not the X’s and O’s, it’s the Jimmys and Joes”

Solid enough to put a dozen or so into the next level camps and rosters. It ‘s the QB position.

Wholeheartedly agree. But it seems to me that Narduzzi has hung his hat on the past two seasons and looks a little complacent.

Every game in college football is important. You must win every winnable game. Most people penciled in UNC as a loss, along with FSU, and ND. You can’t lose to Cincy and WVU.

Someone needs to send the message to Narduzzi. 7-8 win seasons are no longer acceptable. 7 wins should be considered a bad seasons. 8 wins should be considered mediocre.

I guarantee you people like Heather feel the same way. I’d bet my life on it.
Totally true of Narduzzi’s complacency and arrogance (running off a decent OC and hiring a flunky that sucked everywhere).

Not true of Lyke or Gravel. They only care that the program exists… period. To keep us in the ACC and get checks. “We pay our coaches”. That’s all we do, and it’s only because we have to, and it’s the tip of the iceberg of what winning programs do

No QBs-again
No O line-again
No WRs-again
Poor OC-again

And you’re citing Nick Patti as an example of QB recruiting and development.

Great post.
It's good enough to win the ACC and get a spot into the expanded playoffs once that begins.

Right-this past 9 years Dooz has been just a QB away from some more ACC championships and a CFP spot.

More posting excellence. Bravo sir!
Message boards will forever be a place for misunderstanding points.

Small minded readers with sports misery on the minds.

Recruiting is good NOT blue blood great. I say again NOT blue blood great. Good enough though. There's a shit ton more of NFL starters on NFL rosters that have come from Pitt within the past few years than there was say 90's - 2015.

The playoffs are expanding in the future, I wasn't referring to the 4 team spot designed for Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson

I can't with you guys on here

Message boards will forever be a place for misunderstanding points.

Small minded readers with sports misery on the minds.

Recruiting is good NOT blue blood great. I say again NOT blue blood great. Good enough though. There's a shit ton more of NFL starters on NFL rosters that have come from Pitt within the past few years than there was say 90's - 2015.

The playoffs are expanding in the future, I wasn't referring to the 4 team spot designed for Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson

I can't with you guys on here

Not on offense. Boyd, Shady, Conner, Fitzgerald, Polite, Holtz, Clemmings, Otah, Baldwin, Holtz, McGlynn, Bryant, Street, Ollison, Wilson, Barlow, Bisnowaty, Johnson, O'Neill, Lewis, etc. You're nuts if you don't think the offensive recruiting has gotten worse under Narduzzi. Or at least if you think it's significantly improved.

Reactions: 303vND and Jim Z
Totally true of Narduzzi’s complacency and arrogance (running off a decent OC and hiring a flunky that sucked everywhere).

Not true of Lyke or Gravel. They only care that the program exists… period. To keep us in the ACC and get checks. “We pay our coaches”. That’s all we do, and it’s only because we have to, and it’s the tip of the iceberg of what winning programs do
From people I have spoken to, I respectfully disagree with you in regards to Lyke.

My understanding is she is VERY competitive and does not like to lose.

The only reason Capel is still around is because the rich alumni only care about football and wasn’t going to step up and pay. If so, he would have been long gone.

The 7-8 seasons and bad losses will not be tolerated year after year…Not by her or the alumni… Trust me…

Reactions: sonofabit
And you’re citing Nick Patti as an example of QB recruiting and development
Sounds reasonable to me. When a QB that has played sparingly comes into a bowl game against the 18th ranked team in the nation and takes control of the game like he did must have:
1. been coached up and 2. had the talent/savvy to play at a high level in college. This of course is much harder to do with long playing absences.
the problem was not the recruitment and development of Patti, it was playing SLOW-VICE that screwed the year up.

From people I have spoken to, I respectfully disagree with you in regards to Lyke.

My understanding is she is VERY competitive and does not like to lose.

The only reason Capel is still around is because the rich alumni only care about football and wasn’t going to step up and pay. If so, he would have been long gone.

The 7-8 seasons and bad losses will not be tolerated year after year…Not by her or the alumni… Trust me…
Nothing personal against her, but she is up against 100+ years of culture, give or take about 15 years when things were the way they should have been.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT