ADVERTISEMENT

Portal losses

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
I am as disappointed as anyone,but..

These guys made the occasional splash play, but truth be told, were below Pitt previous standards.

They allowed as many splash plays by being out of position and failure to tackle.

I really liked our defensive recruiting in the last 2 classes

Yes, we will be young and inexperienced, but maybe more talented with better football sense and heart.

Last edited:
Reactions: NCPitt
Gary, if we can't keep Jules, Hayes, Okunlola, and DeShields around then what is going to happen when we find/develop the next Kancey, Jones, Weaver, and Dennis?

Gary, if we can't keep Jules, Hayes, Okunlola, and DeShields around then what is going to happen when we find/develop the next Kancey, Jones, Weaver, and Dennis?

As I keep telling you, perhaps we will only spend on the good players, not the marginal ones. Basketball players arent leaving for bigger paydays. Jaland Lowe could have named his program and named his price. Why pay Hayes, Jules, Okunlola, and DeShields to get you to 6-6 when you can go 5-7 without them?

Reactions: Las Panteras
Pay those worth paying.
Gary, Pay them with what? Monopoly money? Pitt can't compete with the NIL money being spent by many schools. Pitt's fan base is too small and our donations to Alliance 412 are paltry. We are looking for a big fish to bail us out. But, there is no Fish That Saved Pittsburgh.

Gary, Pay them with what? Monopoly money? Pitt can't compete with the NIL money being spent by many schools. Pitt's fan base is too small and our donations to Alliance 412 are paltry. We are looking for a big fish to bail us out. But, there is no Fish That Saved Pittsburgh.

Promises are one thing, paying is another...

Yinzer IOUs and donations to the Human Fund.

Reactions: Pittisit4me

Invest in 🏀

That's the answer. For a few million, you can buy a good team.

It’s always amusing seeing sports fans spin themselves to death. He wasn’t any good anyway, blah blah. And the woman beater thing, which it seems likely he is (hopefully was), wasn’t brought up at all that I can recall since it happened.

They're always great while they're wearing blue and gold. Amazing how much they suck the second they leave town, though.

They're always great while they're wearing blue and gold. Amazing how much they suck the second they leave town, though.
Do you think Hayes, Jules, Kamara and DeShields met previous Pitt Narduzzi standards for starters?

They were good. They played well enough to start, but they were and are replaceable.

Do you think Hayes, Jules, Kamara and DeShields met previous Pitt Narduzzi standards for starters?

They were good. They played well enough to start, but they were and are replaceable.
I’m not losing any sleep over Hayes flying the coop, particularly given his parting words, but we have had a poster say he was a ‘beast’ for us. Has to be the most exaggerated and over-used term to describe an athlete.

And, yeah you’re right, good but not up to the same standards as past starters on the D.

Reactions: gary2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT