ADVERTISEMENT

Portal per Vuk

Right. It has to be someone Pitt fans have heard of so that can really only be a QB or a local guy who went elsewhere. DJU fits this bill nicely. Everyone has heard of him. He lost his coach and wouldn't be guaranteed to start at a lot of places.
Based on the tweet and Pitt’s past history, I guessed DJU too. He’s improved from his Clemson days and was an above average QB at Oregon State. Not saying he’s perfect, but probably gives us a better chance than Yarnell and Veilleux.

Based on the tweet and Pitt’s past history, I guessed DJU too. He’s improved from his Clemson days and was an above average QB at Oregon State. Not saying he’s perfect, but probably gives us a better chance than Yarnell and Veilleux.
He is light years better than Yarn or Veilliex will ever be.

He is light years better than Yarn or Veilliex will ever be.
I think light years better is a stretch given how bad he looked at times for Clemson. The pick 6 shovel pass he threw in Pitt's victory over Clemson at Heinz in 2021 was not out of character for him at that point in his career. There are plenty of Clemson fans that think that 2021 team was a national championship caliber team at every position except quarterback.

D.J. is likely a better option right now, but that's only because he's had the chance to play and develop. Yarnell and Veilleux will both likely be significantly better than what we've seen from them so far with additional reps; because as a general rule, until they are near their ceiling, quarterbacks get better as they gain game experience. Something that seems overlooked on this board too often.

Last edited:
I think light years better is a stretch given how bad he looked at times for Clemson. The pick 6 shovel pass he threw in Pitt's victory over Clemson at Heinz in 2021 was not out of character for him at that point in his career. There are plenty of Clemson fans that think that 2021 team was a national championship caliber team at every position except quarterback.

D.J. is likely a better option right now, but that's only because he's had the chance to play and develop. Yarnell and Veilleux will both likely be significantly better than what we've seen from them so far with additional reps; because as a general rule, until they are near their ceiling, quarterbacks get better as they gain game experience. Something that seems overlooked on this board too often.
My guess is if DJ comes in to start, one of or both CV and Yarnell are leaving.

That is who I would guess too but my knowledge of who's in the portal is close to 0 and I dont care to look it up. I just dont think there's enough QBs we'd have a shot at who would generate the type of buzz that Vuk thinks. How many P4s can DJU be guaranteed to start? 5? Of those, how many would he truly be interested in?

only because he's had the chance to play and develop

And…..maybe because he has elite size, athleticism, talent and arm strength compared to Yarnduzzi or Vayer. He’s coming off an 11-2 year where he put up great numbers. He had more rushing yards and rushing TDs alone than any running back on Pitt’s roster. His struggles at Clemson are well in the rear view at this point.

So yeah, he’s light years better than what we presently have, and would he far better suited to the type of offense we will be running than either of them.

only because he's had the chance to play and develop

And…..maybe because he has elite size, athleticism, talent and arm strength compared to Yarnduzzi or Vayer. He’s coming off an 11-2 year where he put up great numbers. He had more rushing yards and rushing TDs alone than any running back on Pitt’s roster. His struggles at Clemson are well in the rear view at this point.

So yeah, he’s light years better than what we presently have, and would he far better suited to the type of offense we will be running than either of them.
Where are you getting your stats from?

Oregon State finished 8-5 this year. DJ only had 219 rushing ads. His passing numbers weren't really all that impressive either.

Reactions: columbus mike
Why do fans fall for this stuff? If there is a transfer, it'll be a kid from Cal, IUP or Shippensburg.

Davis Beville would certainly be a conversation piece with the LOL.
31mm7s.png

I’m hearing mannings nephew to Pitt. Insider source says local business is putting up big $$
I suggested that a couple of months ago. I hope that it happens, but I doubt it. Makes sense though for him, the starter (Quinn Ewers) is only a Sophomore and when he got hurt they used a Freshman QB (Maalik Murphy) in his place. They are loaded at QB, I'd take any of the three.

It’s AJ Harris from Georgia. He is announcing for Pitt at 6pm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT