ADVERTISEMENT

Portal players of Pitt interest--so far

This appears, IMHO, to suggest that the staff is looking for a physically strong backup for Fede so that the Twins can play facing the basket rather than as back to the basket backup 5s.

It also suggests that they aren't limiting their interest to only finding shooters to replace Elliot, Sibande and Burton.

Notice also, from the portal list on PSN that they are apparently standing pat at point guard with Dior Johnson and incoming freshman Jayland Lowe and not looking for a Nellie Cummings replacement in the portal.

I am being more selective. I worry about players coming from losing programs/bad cultures. That was the worst coached team I've seen.

And some guys, like the 5-star kid from Tennessee, transfer to schools like Louisville because they don't like being coached. That pipeline does indeed flow both ways.

@BballinsiderfromPitt Anything new on Pitt’s efforts in the portal??
Hey, sorry I don’t know how I missed this.

Brakefield I believe is staying at Ole Miss because he won’t graduate in May and would have to sit out. Gonna give it one year with Beard and possibly grad transfer now. He makes around 250k NIL so not sure we were priced into that one.

Not sure how much interest there is in Cooper. He seems to want to go back down south too.

Amzil was just on a visit to South Carolina with Okkk Federiko. Not sure how this aligns with his goals that he told me. Not sure if Pitt is truly interested in him either.

2 others are still not in the portal.

I don’t know anything about anyone else they’re pursuing

Brakefield I believe is staying at Ole Miss because he won’t graduate in May and would have to sit out. Gonna give it one year with Beard and possibly grad transfer now. He makes around 250k NIL so not sure we were priced into that one.

Not sure how much interest there is in Cooper. He seems to want to go back down south too.

Amzil was just on a visit to South Carolina with Okkk Federiko. Not sure how this aligns with his goals that he told me. Not sure if Pitt is truly interested in him either.

Thanks for the update

Reactions: gary2

That is too bad about Cooper.

I like him, though I wish he shot free throws better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT