ADVERTISEMENT

Post Season Awards

nice JB with 1st team ACC. Hinson - second team. That shows a lot of recognition for their play this year

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Burton came in tied for 5th in POY with three votes.

Wong, Appleby, Bacot, Tyson, then Burton tied with Filipowski, Joiner, Roach

He should have gottne all 75.

Larannaga got (iirc) 8, which is mostly people just voting for the coach of the team that came in first, Brownell got (iirc) 6, which at least makes some sense, because they were picked to finish almost as bad as we were preseason. Bennett got 2 and someone else got two, I forget who off the top of my head.

All Defensive

Beekman
Edwards
Black
Lively
Clark
Is it wrong that I thought Federiko would end up on here? Could’ve swore one of the ACCN announcers said he was in contention for ACC Defensive Player of the Year… maybe taking their word was my first mistake. :oops:

Is it wrong that I thought Federiko would end up on here? Could’ve swore one of the ACCN announcers said he was in contention for ACC Defensive Player of the Year… maybe taking their word was my first mistake. :oops:
He was
Just it wasn’t shared by as many
He got votes though

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Burton shouldn't have been that close to falling to 2nd team. Also thought Nelly should have been third team.

He’s peaked , just ask bbinsider in 2 yrs he’s gone !!! Gone as in fired .

Great job this yr by JC and his staff .

Well deserved JB and Hinson. !

And Nike !
You guys really are obsessed with me.

When you guys post this stuff, you do realize UConn fired a coach 2 years removed from an AAC title and 4 removed from a national title?

Literally every day you should be earning your keep at whatever job you’re on. I would assume most people here don’t have multiple years on a contract and if they underperformed for 4/5 years would get to keep their job…

But anyways, congrats to Coach, great season, well deserved honor. I would’ve went with Larranega considering they won the league and I don’t think Miami has ever done that, but I don’t vote.

Let’s keep it rolling and win an ACC title and play well into March!

Reactions: FireballZ
You guys really are obsessed with me.

When you guys post this stuff, you do realize UConn fired a coach 2 years removed from an AAC title and 4 removed from a national title?

Literally every day you should be earning your keep at whatever job you’re on. I would assume most people here don’t have multiple years on a contract and if they underperformed for 4/5 years would get to keep their job…

But anyways, congrats to Coach, great season, well deserved honor. I would’ve went with Larranega considering they won the league and I don’t think Miami has ever done that, but I don’t vote.

Let’s keep it rolling and win an ACC title and play well into March!
How many NBA coaches have been fired the year after winning coach of the year? Mike Brown? The guy that Ty Lue replaced in Cleveland? Happens all the time.

How many NBA coaches have been fired the year after winning coach of the year? Mike Brown? The guy that Ty Lue replaced in Cleveland? Happens all the time.
He definitely doesn’t deserve fired anymore. I don’t believe he deserves extended yet either. Need a similar type of year, NCAA bid or challenging for one next year, before you extend.

I had

Wong (POY)
Filipowski
Bacot
Burton
Tyson

Appleby over Filipowski is crazy. Filipowski would have been #2 in my POY voting and not sure who would even be close at #3. He is dominant.

He definitely doesn’t deserve fired anymore. I don’t believe he deserves extended yet either. Need a similar type of year, NCAA bid or challenging for one next year, before you extend.
Now you’re talking like a reasonable observer of Pitt bb . Nice to have you coming around !

It’s taken him awhile to find what works for him at Pitt . His recruiting of freshman appears to have hit a level that Pitt hasn’t seen in quite a long time . Now he needs to fill in the weak spots in the portal and have his key returning players stay , as all other successful programs do .

UConns program under Ollie got caught with major NCAA violations .

It didn’t work out so well for Pitt bb firing / shoving a successful coach out the door .JC needs to continue to win and before an extension is talked about .

Ps…Pitt has struggled in attracting really successful coaches UConn doesn’t have those issues .

Now you’re talking like a reasonable observer of Pitt bb . Nice to have you coming around !

It’s taken him awhile to find what works for him at Pitt . His recruiting of freshman appears to have hit a level that Pitt hasn’t seen in quite a long time . Now he needs to fill in the weak spots in the portal and have his key returning players stay , as all other successful programs do .

UConns program under Ollie got caught with major NCAA violations .

It didn’t work out so well for Pitt bb firing / shoving a successful coach out the door .JC needs to continue to win and before an extension is talked about .

Ps…Pitt has struggled in attracting really successful coaches UConn doesn’t have those issues .
Every take I’ve had for the last 5 years has been reasonable and mostly correct

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT