ADVERTISEMENT

Post Season CF

TFBaum

Junior
Jan 22, 2020
Not that any of you care but I am done. Normal distribution would not have the Alabama team without cheating. I love college and will watch regular season. The CFP I am done

Reactions: BPKY
Normal distribution

Uh, what would make you think there is a normal distribution in situations that are filled with vast differences in so many factors from the start. Should Rice have the same amount of NC's as Texas?

I really enjoyed seeing ND, OSU and Clemson get serious beat downs. I could watch those teams lose like this all day everyday and never not be entertained.

Reactions: paschuler1970
The CFP is a waste of time. Really, college foofball is. We already know the CFP next year. Its Bama, OSU, Clemson and the 4th team will either be Oklahoma, ND, or a 2nd SEC team. The season is just played for amusement purposes only. With OSU getting a bye into the CFP, I'm wondering if its better to just have these teams skip the regular season to avoid injury and just show up for the CFP

The only way around it is to drop the number of scholarships per program, or put a cap on the amount of money spent on recruiting.

Reactions: columbus mike
Uh, what would make you think there is a normal distribution in situations that are filled with vast differences in so many factors from the start. Should Rice have the same amount of NC's as Texas?
No Alabama would not be it ever year. Rice wouldn’t be in the population but 15 teams or so like USC would be.

Reactions: Parkview57
The CFP is a waste of time. Really, college foofball is. We already know the CFP next year. Its Bama, OSU, Clemson and the 4th team will either be Oklahoma, ND, or a 2nd SEC team. The season is just played for amusement purposes only. With OSU getting a bye into the CFP, I'm wondering if its better to just have these teams skip the regular season to avoid injury and just show up for the CFP
Right ... If I am Pitt/Narduzzi, I almost think we make the goal to get the ACC Championship and somehow beat Clemson, and then end the season right there. No point in going to a bowl game, which most of our best players will sit out of anyway. And we'll never run the table all season so it's not like we have any chance of making the playoff. Even if we beat Clemson, the playoffs will take them over us.

Absolutely. Hell, as we have seen Ohio State or Alabama doesn't even have to be in the Big 10 or SEC title game to get an invite. I don't care if they are one of the "4 best teams" the function of a playoff or a tournament is to win the games, not merely have agreement from a committee that you are one of the best.

At least make a CFP entry right now (since it is limited to 4 teams) to you have to be Conference winners. If an Alabama is left out a year, so be it, they will get over it.

The only way around it is to drop the number of scholarships per program, or put a cap on the amount of money spent on recruiting.

Dropping scholarships just reduces the number of opportunities. Capping spending on recruiting just pushes the money elsewhere. Sure, Bama wouldn't be spending that extra $10 million on recruiting so they spend it on other things that would make kids want to play football there. If a school like Bama wants to spend like that, schools like Pitt aren't going to try to keep up.

Here's the thing that the whiney fans always miss. CFB has nothing to do with competition and they are not going to risk ruining the brand because too many schools are benefiting from the current scheme. Too many people are making too much money from the whole thing to go monkeying around with it unless they have to.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
My rule change would be if you lose by 21 or more in a CFP game, then your team is ineligible for the CFP next season. Lose by 30 or more and you get a 5 year ban.

Reactions: columbus mike
Absolutely. Hell, as we have seen Ohio State or Alabama doesn't even have to be in the Big 10 or SEC title game to get an invite. I don't care if they are one of the "4 best teams" the function of a playoff or a tournament is to win the games
List all the teams that had better results in all their games than either tOSU or Bama did the years they were invited as a non-conference winner. Debatably UCF (with their own issues) and...
At least make a CFP entry right now (since it is limited to 4 teams) to you have to be Conference winners.
So only the results from a limited (from 69-77%) number of a team’s schedule as defined by you should count as opposed to all their games? What makes that designation right and/or fair?

How many "analysts" does Saban have on his staff? I have also heard that Alabama employs an army of people that help run its recruiting machine. But none of these folks are technically "coaches" so Alabama is not violating the 10 coaches rule. Maybe the NCAA needs to put an end to this.

How many "analysts" does Saban have on his staff? I have also heard that Alabama employs an army of people that help run its recruiting machine. But none of these folks are technically "coaches" so Alabama is not violating the 10 coaches rule. Maybe the NCAA needs to put an end to this.

But since the NCAA has proven they pretty much bend to the wishes of the “cash cow” programs, it’s very doubtful that the NCAA will put an end to anything they don't want. 😏

Reactions: pbrad
I have a good chance to get 8 out of the top 10 teams for 2030 if I wrote them down right now

Reactions: USN_Panther
But since the NCAA has proven they pretty much bend to the wishes of the “cash cow” programs, it’s very doubtful that the NCAA will put an end to anything they don't want. 😏
But isn't the mission of the NCAA to do what the member schools want, after all?

Reactions: pittdan77
But isn't the mission of the NCAA to do what the member schools want, after all?

Sure. But what’s supposed to be and what actually happens are 2 very different things.

Jerry Tarkanian realized that decades ago. Nothing has changed.

When did college football get so damn top heavy.I remember 20-25:yrs ago you couldn't write down a top ten like now or 10 yrs from now,and be close to nailing it.

When did college football get so damn top heavy.I remember 20-25:yrs ago you couldn't write down a top ten like now or 10 yrs from now,and be close to nailing it.

20-25 years ago, Nebraska and Miami and FSU were dominant. That was a time when Virginia Tech was living in the top 10. Bama was throwing up 4 win seasons every couple of years and Clemson was averaging 7 wins. That was like a twenty year run for Clemson without double-digit wins.

Reactions: USN_Panther
20-25 years ago, Nebraska and Miami and FSU were dominant. That was a time when Virginia Tech was living in the top 10. Bama was throwing up 4 win seasons every couple of years and Clemson was averaging 7 wins. That was like a twenty year run for Clemson without double-digit wins.
It wasn't that long ago that Holgerson's WVU team put up 70 against Clemson in a bowl game.

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT