ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for WVU

panther2141

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 23, 2012
Alright...we already know what Benedict Arnold (aka @JimHammett ) thinks about this game, but let's see what everyone else thinks.

This game, for only being the 3rd game of the season does feel really really big for multiple reasons. One, it's WVU (duh!), two - a win here sets up a undefeated non conference record AND already hitting above their win total from last year before conference play. Third - I think a win against WVU would start to get them some national pub. And fourth - a win this Saturday, IMO, would really make it feel like some really great things are possible this season.

So...with that....I had a confident feeling going into Cincinnati and well, the first 3 quarters were pretty bad but they still pulled it out. I think they take that momentum from that 4th quarter and carry it over to this game.

I think Pitt wins, and I think the score is something like 37 - 27. I think the offense has a complete game amd starts strong and carries it throughout, I don't think WVUs defense is good at all. If Albany can throw like that on them then I think Pitt should be able to move the ball somewhat easily. Eli has a very good game (another 300+ yards and 3 TD), Reid continues (over 150 all-purpose yards and a TD) what he has been doing and i think both Kenny Johnson (over 100 yds and a TD) and Mumpfield (close to 100 yards and a TD) have good games.

Defensively, I think Pitt will give up yards on the ground, but will bend and not break at times and that will be huge. Holding WVU to FGs at times will be very important. I also think they force two TOs.

I think Pitt starts off 3-0 and next week we all get nervous about somehow losing to the Penguins!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.