ADVERTISEMENT

Prospective Staff Changes

He's 28th highest paid, Pitt isn't cheap. Donate something and maybe we can do better. At least we don't overpay for someone who can't win the big games every year.
Agree. I was being facetious.

But in context, if you aren't one of the handful of schools that all in and grossly overpaying for everything, there really isn't going to be consistency at much of anything. Especially at remaining in the top half of the league.

Even going all in doesn't necessarily buy programs what they want. Just ask TAMU, USC, or Miami.

Mary, I don’t believe Pitt is skimping on paying Narduzzi, or paying Capel, or probably the other HC for that matter. Pitt isn’t cheap in the “paying the HC” aspect. They likely even pay the coordinators fairly well too . And this is honestly always been true back to when I started following it. The HC is always well taken care of.

But we all know the issue has been the ‘dirty’ spending that Pitt won’t allow to be done by its boosters, at least not a beyond a fraction of what done at other programs.

The irony if not tragedy is that the sport went and legalized what was called cheating for all those years. But Pitt, still haunted by shenanigans within the booster club FORTY YEARS AGO, still is reluctant, which probably doesn’t even matter because it long chased away the really fervent boosters.

You’re likely to respond to that like many others here “good, Pitt has its priorities in place” or some such. That’s well and good but don’t expect any huge jumps in AD donations or booster spend when the university made it’s position on this abundantly clear since the late 1980s: “we pay the coaches, sometimes even obscenely well, to show our ‘commitment’. But we aren’t going spheres-in on allowing the buying of great players“
I'll ask again. How is Pitt limiting NIL spending?

So your position is 9 wins is both our ceiling and that our coach should be fired for not achieving it? Weird, wild stuff.

That says something about the quality of our current head coach, don't you think? Maybe striving for something better isn't always a bad thing. I think Pitt should always strive for more than 9 wins in every season. That's what a program with 9 National Championships does. The trend with Narduzzi isn't anywhere near achieving that on a consistent basis. Or even in the next few years.

I'd be curious as to what Lyke's minimum performance expectation for wins is with Narduzzi.

At the end of the season, Narduzzi and Heather will sit down and Heather will ask Narduzzi one question: How do we get better? If she doesn’t like his answers, she will make strong “suggestions”.

Someone will be sacrificed and it will be Cignetti. Here is the rub. She will ask if he has anyone in mind. He will say I need to see what’s out there. She will suggest that he look for something different and get out of his comfort zone. If he decides to stick with what he knows, then it will be 100% on him.

I believe he'll stick to what he knows and hire a run first, Big Ten type OC. His reasoning will be that the offense can work if he gets a better OL play, so he’ll fire Borbely as well. Everything else will stay the same.

He will then declare mission accomplished.

Watch and see…

Last edited:
I'd be curious as to what Lyke's minimum performance expectation for wins is with Narduzzi.

Lyke has a lot more concerns about the head FB coach than simply wins. An arbitrary number means nothing without consideration of everything that goes into the job.

He can't go 2-10 every year, but he's not getting fired for a bad year and some 7-5 seasons unless there are other problems.

Your expectations are meaningless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT