ADVERTISEMENT

Pulisic vs Wolves

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
Starting today and playing the 10. I’m never a fan of him there. But he’s been brilliant.

1st half assisted Timo Werner but the goal was waived off. And then got inside a defender and was pulled down for a free kick. Eventually after that free kick, Chelsea scored again but it was waived off again.

2nd half, brilliant pass to Timo that he was unlucky not to score. Then a pass to Lukaku that led to a penalty in which Lukaku scored. then a brilliant pass (assist) into space that Lukaku buried.

4 goal involvements so far (only 2 counted), and a few other key passes.

I remember Joe and I said in the Fall that CP and Lukaku could have a good partnership if given the chance.

I’d be thrilled to see Lukaku stay, and even more thrilled if Werner could stay onside.
I still want Pulisic to go. The hate gets old. I need to stay off twitter. It’s a cesspool.
Dude got 7’s from the match by just about every journalist in their player ratings. He was probably Chelsea’s 2nd best player today. But all over the fans are blaming him because he didn’t release the ball quick enough a couple times. Well yeah I’d like to see him clean that up too but the fact of the matter is that’s going to happen a couple times per game, especially with a #10. There were a couple plays where if a teammate released it to him he’d have been 1 v1 with the keeper for 20-30 yards. One from Loftus Cheek comes to mind. The fact is players aren’t always going to get picked out by teammates 100% of the time. And a player like Pulisic is one of the only ones who dribbles at players, so there will be times he holds it a second too long. But other times it’s that extra second that makes the play.

I remember Joe and I said in the Fall that CP and Lukaku could have a good partnership if given the chance.

I get that Lukaku has not been good all year, but the number of chances that they kept giving Werner while mostly leaving Lukaku on the bench makes no sense to me. An in form Lukaku is everything that Chelsea has missed this season.

I get that Lukaku has not been good all year, but the number of chances that they kept giving Werner while mostly leaving Lukaku on the bench makes no sense to me. An in form Lukaku is everything that Chelsea has missed this season.
Tuchel expects more pressing from his 9, whereas a guy like Conte gave Lukaku more freedom in Milan. The Chelsea fans have also not been very support of Romelu either because he hasn’t been good. I got into a twitter spat a couple weeks ago because I insisted that Lukaku would be fine if he was given a run of games. But the only ones how get those runs are Mount and Havertz. Both are fine, especially Mount, but Havertz should be producing more with the minutes he is getting that others don’t.

I know the Havertz thing has been discussed here and I sound like a broken record. He’s going to be one of the biggest stars in the world, but right now he doesn’t deserve to be the 1st or 2nd name Tuchel writes on the team sheet in most of the games.

There was an article 2 weeks ago that showed that Pulisic was 2nd on the team (behind Mount) on g+a per 90. Considering Mounts #’s are inflated a bit because he takes corners and gets assists that way, and Pulisic’s stats are dragged down a bit by a handful of games where he played as a wing back, it’s easy to see that he could be first on the team. And that makes it difficult to understand why Tuchel has him on the bench as much as he does.

I’d love to know if there’s a website where this info is updated but I haven’t been able to find it.

Pulisic was gifted that poor play by wolves on the second goal, but he placed a perfect ball to Lukaku. I really didn’t see pulisic play poorly, I think he had less touches that he should have had. Every time he had the ball wolves took him down. He just didn’t have enough touches. Biggest question though, what the hell is happening to Chelsea’s defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT