ADVERTISEMENT

Question

Why the hell are we a 9 point underdog tomrw?.. Talk about disrespectful

Well, it is on paper a bad match-up because of Cuse's long and tall zone. Add to that a HCA is about 3 points. Neutral we would be about a 6 point underdog., At the Pete it would be about 3 points.

Sagarin's computer's regular rating has us about an 8 point underdog to Cuse at Cuse. His recent games rating would have us only about a 4 to 4.5 point underdog at Cuse.

Last edited:
Vegas is generally good. Not sure as I dont think cuse is particularly special, but I assume it has something to do with zone. Always does

There aren't too many places with it up so far, but several of the offshore sites have it at 7. Which is right around where it should be.

Reactions: Pitt5593
Idk I was thinking 3-3.5.. Think were both fairly similar teams.. Both teams have a couple good wins with a couple bad losses. Syracuse's wins are obviously better. But still don't think there anything special

Pitt is 13-4 ATS. You can throw the spread, bpi, sagarin, and every other ranking metric out since none of them have been correct or anywhere near it. Syracuse is getting the hype from beating Duke. Duke didnt have Cam Reddish, their starting PG missed most of the game, and Zion had an eye injury. Their best win came against half of Dukes roster. I wouldnt worry about it. People were scared of Iowa and NC State and we could / should have beat both of them on the road.

Like I said, just assuming the zone is tough. We can go stretches without scoring. I can see it. Plus, maybe people think we are due for a dud.. I dont think our talent level Is quite ready to do what we did against fsu consistently. Guards will have tougher time getting into lane

I'm amazed the game is going on as scheduled.
As am I. I guess the advantage they have is an early game. Our precipitation looks to start late morning so obviously later there. Maybe they can hustle to the airport.

Why the hell are we a 9 point underdog tomrw?.. Talk about disrespectful
Because that is the point spread that statistical analysis says will draw an equal number of bets on both sides.
If the bets lean toward Pitt, the line will drop to the same 50/50 split.
As the line moves, Vegas profits are statistically enhanced.
A game is taken off the board when statistical norms are inexplicably ignored.

Reactions: pitt-girl
Syracuse has an effective zone, the one type of defense which has rattled the Panthers so far this season. I'm a betting man, I won't bet on this game, but I'd give the points and take Cuse if I had action. I didn't bother to look at the moneyline but I'd guess it's a decent bet as well.

Reactions: freddietee511
I wouldn't touch this game with a ten foot pole. Syracuse jobbed to Georgia Tech, then beat Duke 2 days later. They're a remarkably inconsistent team and they live and die by the performance of a couple of guys because they have very little depth.

They're rightly favored because they're at home and they have a schematic advantage, but I can just as easily imagine Tyus Battle dropping 30 on us as I can imagine him going 3 for 18.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
A professional gambler looks for that the one game that’s not handicapped right , if you feel this is it go for
it . I on the other hand just don’t have a handle on how good either team is . It wouldn’t surprise me if Pitt won outright or loses by 20 .

As am I. I guess the advantage they have is an early game. Our precipitation looks to start late morning so obviously later there. Maybe they can hustle to the airport.
There's the matter of getting out of Syracuse but there also is the matter of landing in Pittsburgh. What is our airport going to be like early this evening?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT