ADVERTISEMENT

Read this article then make up your own mind

No, but many times I have had no choice. You come to work, work your a** off, others notice, and when you get your chance you leave for the first opportunity to better yourself. I understand that some people never have to experience this, some who are gifted enough to never have to work for some else, some who are born with a silver spoon in their mouth, some who plain old have good bosses etc., etc but I've had about 50/50. If you think the boss man is gonna let you hold the company back when the workers around you may be better, well good luck..
Sucks to be you. I'm a winner so I'm in high demand and don't have to put up with BS. I'll take less money to be treated with respect and valued.

Reactions: Baddest Cat
Not really, people around me actually like me, and I don't need to feel superior to anyone, and I have had much success in life.
Then WTF are you talking about? Man goodbye.
ice cube rap GIF

None that has been reported.
It looks like the Walter Payton man of the year and Mr. Super Captain loves what Khan and the Steelers are doing -

You heard rumblings that the locker room was ecstatic when Mason got the job. It didn't seem like Kenny had much support on the team.

When Ben was in his 2nd year crashing motorcycles, you had a slew of his teammates supporting him and telling media to STFU. Not so much with Kenny.

Reactions: pittmeister
He said he didn't know if that was it, but F what Kenny heard. Tomlin stood at the podium in front of the world and when asked if Kenny would be QB1 going into the spring he said with no hesitation YES. Now do I need to post the clip or do you remember that. What the F is up with you people and your selective memory?
I’m guessing that was before Russell Wilson was released by the Broncos.

It looks like the Walter Payton man of the year and Mr. Super Captain loves what Khan and the Steelers are doing -

You heard rumblings that the locker room was ecstatic when Mason got the job. It didn't seem like Kenny had much support on the team.

When Ben was in his 2nd year crashing motorcycles, you had a slew of his teammates supporting him and telling media to STFU. Not so much with Kenny.
The answer will be told months from now.

I believe every word that’s been written regarding Kenny.

-He was not given a fair shake in his development. I blame Tomlin for bringing back Canada.
-I believe Kenny was lied to and misled.

Now comes the bad stuff:

-I believe Kenny was reluctant to dress as a 3rd string QB in Seattle after being told he would start once he was healthy. When he showed his reluctance, Tomlin made the call not to dress him. Kenny was pissed because he felt he was lied to.

-He didn’t come off well when asked if he learned anything by watching Rudolph play in Seattle. Instead of being pragmatic in his answer, he said an emphatic “no”. I’m sure his teammates didn’t like his response, especially after winning the game and watching Rudolph’s performance.

-Kenny was then told after the season that he would be the starter going into next season.

-His teammates clearly lost faith in him once they saw Rudolph’s performance using the same offense. So much so, a group of leaders on the team actively lobbied for Wilson to sign with the Steelers. This pissed off Kenny.

-Once Wilson signed, Kenny was told he would have to compete with Wilson for the position. Then he was told that Wilson would get the first-string reps. Kenny was pissed and wanted a fresh start elsewhere.

-Omar traded him to Philly and is now the permanent 2nd string QB.

Yes, Kenny was lied to, but life isn’t fair. He should have toughened up and competed with Wilson. If Wilson goes down, he is once again the starter and can prove himself. Rudolph didn’t make waves when he was demoted to 3rd string. He kept his mouth shut and competed.
Yeah, I love KP and still am a fan and rooting for him, but he did not handle things well at all.

That being said, for all those Ben haters, the Steelers and Tomlin’s first round of post Ben QB management was a complete failure.

I don't criticize the moves because I have repeatedly noted that there will be an extended period of darkness post Ben.

But Trubinski played his way off the team.

KP whined his way off the team.

And while I have no delusions Rudolph is a long term answer, he was the best of the three and they ran him off.

Again, at the cost the Wilson and Fields acquisitions they make perfect sense.

But Denver threw $30+ million into a barrel and lit it on fire to get rid of Wilson and while Fields has more talent than KP Chicago couldn't even get what the Steelers got for KP for him.

The Steelers handled his first two years very poorly. But they handled this well. They knew he'd demand a trade if they told him he wasn't going to be the starter. Before acquiring Wilson, they had no better option. Of course they lied to him! It would have been organizational malpractice to be up fron with Pickett about their intentions to move on when he was the only rostered QB. I don't agree with trashing him on the way out the door- that is low.

As for the reports about his attitude.. believe who you want. Aditi has always had an ax to grind with the Steelers. DK is a known scumbag. The guys like Bouchette, Dulac and Kaboly are Steelers mouth pieces who would say the sky is red if Rooney leaked that to them. But one thing speaks volumes. Not a single team mate, current or former, has tweetet anything to push back on the rumors.

People, DK is a self-absorbed idiot whose opinions change as required by the tide. He is a lightweight with insecurity issues, a mammoth undeserved ego, and apparently an unquenched thirst for threesomes with his wife. I am surprised anything he wrote on his pathetic site is considered to be thread worthy.
The “lightweight” “whose opinions change as required by the tide” is the one going against the tide in this situation. So I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make.

Also, I’ve interacted with numerous members of the Pittsburgh sports media through social media and DK has been one of the few who has always been respectful with his responses - even before he started his own site.

As far as threesomes with his wife - if that’s what they’re into, that’s their business.

As far as Pickett goes, my main question will forever go unanswered now. He had his best start in the first game post Canada. Then was 7-10 for 70 yards in the next game before getting injured. So was it Pickett or the OC? I’d lean towards the OC. But that doesn’t mean KP clicked with his teammates.

None of us know what was said behind the scenes. But it is apparently true that Heyward, Watt and some other veterans lobbied Wilson to sign with the Steelers. Maybe it was time to move on. Pickett was a Colbert pick. Kahn certainly should be allowed to make changes if he didn’t believe in KP the way Colbert did.

The Steelers handled his first two years very poorly. But they handled this well. They knew he'd demand a trade if they told him he wasn't going to be the starter. Before acquiring Wilson, they had no better option. Of course they lied to him! It would have been organizational malpractice to be up fron with Pickett about their intentions to move on when he was the only rostered QB. I don't agree with trashing him on the way out the door- that is low.

As for the reports about his attitude.. believe who you want. Aditi has always had an ax to grind with the Steelers. DK is a known scumbag. The guys like Bouchette, Dulac and Kaboly are Steelers mouth pieces who would say the sky is red if Rooney leaked that to them. But one thing speaks volumes. Not a single team mate, current or former, has tweetet anything to push back on the rumors.
I must have missed something, where did the Steelers trash KP on the way out the door. Or are all the media guys considered Steelers.

Where do you think Dulac got his information? By investigative reporting?
Now you’re contradicting a good bit. I thought the narrative was that nothing Dulac and other media were throwing out there was true. Now it appears you’re inferring that he got all his info from the Steelers organization.

So the local media really hasn’t been making anything up, they’re just relaying what they’ve been told by Steelers personnel in the know?

Now you’re contradicting a good bit. I thought the narrative was that nothing Dulac and other media were throwing out there was true. Now it appears you’re inferring that he got all his info from the Steelers organization.

So the local media really hasn’t been making anything up, they’re just relaying what they’ve been told by Steelers personnel in the know?

where did I contradict? I said Dulac, along with the other beat guys like Kaboly don't do anything investigative and are mouthpieces for the Steelers.

Reactions: andypappas

The new American way is lying is the right thing to do. In fact, it would be wrong not to lie. Look around you and see what that produces.

Reactions: Parkview57
Some of you place the stillers ahead of Pitt even before this. You show your true colors, lukewarm ass fans. I've never been a stiilers fan and the city of Pittsburgh continues to ram them down our throats. F that crap H2P!!!!

where did I contradict? I said Dulac, along with the other beat guys like Kaboly don't do anything investigative and are mouthpieces for the Steelers.
Sorry, I guess I can’t keep up with all the stupid narratives being thrown around out there, which one are just being made up by the media, which ones are true and which ones are petty and false stories made up by the Steelers to trash KP.

I’ll just go with the thought that the Steelers made their evaluations and decided that going with Wilson and Fields, who they got for pretty much nothing, was better than going with KP and whomever else. Remains to be seen how right or wrong that course of action may be. But in any case. I’ll go with the thought that they are well more equipped to evaluate the relative merits of Wilson, Fields and especially KP, than anyone on this board.

Some of you place the stillers ahead of Pitt even before this. You show your true colors, lukewarm ass fans. I've never been a stiilers fan and the city of Pittsburgh continues to ram them down our throats. F that H2P!!!!
You’d think posters on a PITT message board would put Pitt before the Steelers.

Reactions: pierre93
The yinzer way is to bash ex former stiller, pirate players when they leave.

Some of you place the stillers ahead of Pitt even before this. You show your true colors, lukewarm ass fans. I've never been a stiilers fan and the city of Pittsburgh continues to ram them down our throats. F that crap H2P!!!!
You’re making absolutely no sense. KP hasn’t been a playing Pitt Panther for a couple years now so there’s no conflict between being a Pitt fan and a Steelers fan no matter what one thinks of the Steelers decisions on their QB going forward..

You’re making absolutely no sense. KP hasn’t been a playing Pitt Panther for a couple years now so there’s no conflict between being a Pitt fan and a Steelers fan no matter what one thinks of the Steelers decisions on their QB going forward..
You'd drink Guyana juice if the stillers told u.

If Pickett played at Penn State rather than Pitt, I wonder how many of these opinions would be the same. Bottom line is he wasn't good enough on the field. I wish him well and hope he eventually earns a starting job again in the NFL.
THIS!

I always liked Kenny and grateful for what he did at Pitt. He will always be a Pitt guy. But when critiquing his alleged behavior, I try and block out the fact that he's a Pitt guy and judge him accordingly.

My son is the same age as Pickett. Lots of guys his age don't take criticism well. If he were my son, I would have advised him to keep silent and compete and told him not worry about what others do, worry about what you do.

Reactions: Burgh15
I've been a Steeler fan all my life, but the Steeler organization has gone to complete sh!t.

I knew Wilson was the starter as soon as he was acquired. There was never going to be a competition, and that's fine. However, to sick the dogs on Kenny on his way out is really low. This doesn't happen with the local pravda unless the Steelers want it to.

Art II is an incompetent putz, and Mike Tomlin is a petty, classless chest thumper. The sooner both are out of the picture the better.

Last edited:
I've been a Steeler fan all my life, but the Steeler organization has gone to complete sh!t.

I knew Wilson was the starter as soon as he was acquired. There was never going to be a competition, and that's fine. However, to sick the dogs on Kenny on his way out is really low. This doesn't happen with the local pravda unless the Steelers want it to.

Art Jr is an incompetent putz, and Mike Tomlin is a petty, classless chest thumper. The sooner both are out of the picture the better.

They can't decide if they want to cling to the "Steeler Way" or totally embrace the modern NFL. They talk about the urgency of winning now and make uncharacteristic moves with the QB & WR but then hold on to Tomlin like he is a tenured professor.

Sorry, I guess I can’t keep up with all the stupid narratives being thrown around out there, which one are just being made up by the media, which ones are true and which ones are petty and false stories made up by the Steelers to trash KP.

I’ll just go with the thought that the Steelers made their evaluations and decided that going with Wilson and Fields, who they got for pretty much nothing, was better than going with KP and whomever else. Remains to be seen how right or wrong that course of action may be. But in any case. I’ll go with the thought that they are well more equipped to evaluate the relative merits of Wilson, Fields and especially KP, than anyone on this board.
Yes because they’ve had so much success lately and Wilson and fields were in such demand by other teams equally as desperate for staring qbs. They are such experts that they kept one of the worst OCs last year until it was almost too late.

THIS!

I always liked Kenny and grateful for what he did at Pitt. He will always be a Pitt guy. But when critiquing his alleged behavior, I try and block out the fact that he's a Pitt guy and judge him accordingly.

My son is the same age as Pickett. Lots of guys his age don't take criticism well. If he were my son, I would have advised him to keep silent and compete and told him not worry about what others do, worry about what you do.
My son is a grown ass man who can make his own decisions. I’d never tell him what to do.

People change jobs today all the time. There’s zero loyalty from employers. My only advice is to make sure you’re not running away from something and truly believe the new opportunity is a better one. None of us have the facts to assess whether or not that’s the case with KP

What we do know is the situation with the Steelers from all aspects had become toxic. He wouldn’t have had any better chance of winning the starting job in Pittsburgh than he will have in Philly. So maybe it wasn’t a Great Leap Forward for him but it sounds like it was a better situation.

Unfortunately, Philly is a far more stable organization than Pittsburgh. Last 2 times they played each other once with Kenny once with Ben, they beat 💩 down the Steelers legs. Trust me I have family in Philly they love to remind me 🤣. But your comparison is simple minded. You have presented a classic strawman argument (it's actually rather common around here). Essentially you shifted the argument to make it easier to argue against. What the hell does the school he chose out of High School have anything to do with how the organization that he was Under Contract with treated him....... Some people try too hard.
Eagles seemed to be in freefall last season. Turmoil in the locker room, and it seems like many people want the coach fired.

Why I have no idea. Hurts is safe at qb only because of that outrageous contract the Eagles gave him

I’m guessing that was before Russell Wilson was released by the Broncos.
Who gives a crap? If he wasn't sure he should have just said that. Are you okay with your wife being faithful to you unless a really hot guy she didn't know would be available showed interest? Is it okay to sleep with him since at the time she married you she thought you were her best option. Give me a break 🤣

Why would they want to get involved in this garbage? I wouldn't say anything either.

Eagles seemed to be in freefall last season. Turmoil in the locker room, and it seems like many people want the coach fired.

Why I have no idea. Hurts is safe at qb only because of that outrageous contract the Eagles gave him
Yet they still don't have more holes or drama as the Steelers. That speaks volumes because I think everything you said is factual.

They can't decide if they want to cling to the "Steeler Way" or totally embrace the modern NFL. They talk about the urgency of winning now and make uncharacteristic moves with the QB & WR but then hold on to Tomlin like he is a tenured professor.
What I don't understand is why they think they can win now and why they aren't making moves that facilitate winning? If they didn't like KP, getting Wilson and Fields ain't exactly going full force with a winning mentality. And for all of the "brilliance" I'm reading about online, they still don't have a starting center which feels like a pretty urgent need if you're starting a guy that's 35.

At best Wilson is as good as Deshaun Watson. At worst the Steelers still have are 4th of 4 teams in terms of starting qbs in the afc north.

Wilson is an improvement but not enough of an improvement to move the needle

Screw the Stillers. They still don't have a real quality QB that can compete against the QB's in the AFC North. Pickett wasn't the answer like everyone thought he would be. These guys they just got are rejects from other teams.

As for Pickett, he'll be out of Philly after his option is up, I think after next year. Then it's up in the air if he'll even land another QB job with another team. I think he needs to think about his "life's work" as Noll used to say. That's becoming obvious. He was a great college QB for us. That was it. It didn't translate into the pros.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT