ADVERTISEMENT

Read this article then make up your own mind

Omar has done a great job so far. But I don’t like the way he handled this off season at QB. Of course they may end up being right. We’ll see.
How so? Seriously. We signed a QB that is questionable. You did a great LB. But other than that what needs have you met?

Before any paints this as a Pro Pickett piece D.K. has not really been kind to him this year, but even he is disgusted with how the Steelers and local media painted this picture.

Facts Don't Lie
Ok I’ll bite, what is so exciting or revealing in that Dejan article that you thought was so worthwhile to post here. Seemed like a whole lot of nothing.

Ok I’ll bite, what is so exciting or revealing in that Dejan article that you thought was so worthwhile to post here. Seemed like a whole lot of nothing.

Dejan is reiterating what he posted earlier about it being total BS that Pickett refused to suit up because he would be a backup. Maybe not revealing, but since some media (and supposed Pitt fans here) have been jumping on to the narrative again that Pickett pouted and refused to dress for that game it bears repeating

I believe every word that’s been written regarding Kenny.

-He was not given a fair shake in his development. I blame Tomlin for bringing back Canada.
-I believe Kenny was lied to and misled.

Now comes the bad stuff:

-I believe Kenny was reluctant to dress as a 3rd string QB in Seattle after being told he would start once he was healthy. When he showed his reluctance, Tomlin made the call not to dress him. Kenny was pissed because he felt he was lied to.

-He didn’t come off well when asked if he learned anything by watching Rudolph play in Seattle. Instead of being pragmatic in his answer, he said an emphatic “no”. I’m sure his teammates didn’t like his response, especially after winning the game and watching Rudolph’s performance.

-Kenny was then told after the season that he would be the starter going into next season.

-His teammates clearly lost faith in him once they saw Rudolph’s performance using the same offense. So much so, a group of leaders on the team actively lobbied for Wilson to sign with the Steelers. This pissed off Kenny.

-Once Wilson signed, Kenny was told he would have to compete with Wilson for the position. Then he was told that Wilson would get the first-string reps. Kenny was pissed and wanted a fresh start elsewhere.

-Omar traded him to Philly and is now the permanent 2nd string QB.

Yes, Kenny was lied to, but life isn’t fair. He should have toughened up and competed with Wilson. If Wilson goes down, he is once again the starter and can prove himself. Rudolph didn’t make waves when he was demoted to 3rd string. He kept his mouth shut and competed.

Yo

-He was not given a fair shake in his development. I blame Tomlin for bringing back Canada.

Now comes the bad stuff:

-I believe Kenny was reluctant to dress as a 3rd string QB in Seattle after being told he would start once he was healthy. When he showed his reluctance, Tomlin made the call not to dress him. Kenny was pissed because he felt he was lied to.

-He didn’t come off well when asked if he learned anything by watching Rudolph play in Seattle. Instead of being pragmatic in his answer, he said an emphatic “no”. I’m sure his teammates didn’t like his response, especially after winning the game and watching Rudolph’s performance.

-Kenny was then told after the season that he would be the starter going into next season.

-His teammates clearly lost faith in him once they saw Rudolph’s performance using the same offense. So much so, a group of leaders on the team actively lobbied for Wilson to sign with the Steelers. This pissed off Kenny.

-Once Wilson signed, Kenny was told he would have to compete with Wilson for the position. Then he was told that Wilson would get the first-string reps. Kenny was pissed and wanted a fresh start elsewhere.

Yes, Kenny was lied to, but life isn’t fair. He should have toughened up and competed with Wilson. If Wilson goes down, he is once again the starter and can prove himself. Rudolph didn’t make waves when he was demoted to 3rd string. He kept his mouth shut and competed.
You say yes he was lied to like that is something to be swept under the rug. My guess is each one of the quarterbacks that played for the Steelers were lied to at some point and all 3 wanted out of Pittsburgh. That is not a coincidence. You can either believe all 3 are babies or there is structurally something wrong in Pittsburgh and it starts from the top. Again, Kenny my never develop into a Pro Bowl QB, but the Steelers and the media lied to him, about him,and who the hell would want to work under those conditions. Would any of you want to work for a boss that lied to you and about. He still has a lot of career left God willing and no one in their right mind would want to work under those conditions.

Yo

You say yes he was lied to like that is something to be swept under the rug. My guess is each one of the quarterbacks that played for the Steelers were lied to at some point and all 3 wanted out of Pittsburgh. That is not a coincidence. You can either believe all 3 are babies or there is structurally something wrong in Pittsburgh and it starts from the top. Again, Kenny my never develop into a Pro Bowl QB, but the Steelers and the media lied to him, about him,and who the hell would want to work under those conditions. Would any of you want to work for a boss that lied to you and about. He still has a lot of career left God willing and no one in their right mind would want to work under those conditions.
I believe Kenny committed to Temple out of high school. Then he got a better opportunity and reneged and signed with Pitt. Did Kenny lie to Temple? Or did the situation change?

The parallels are the same. The Steelers committed to Kenny until a better situation presented its self. Wilson became available at the right price and the Steelers took advantage of it. Whether the Steelers made the right decision is TBD.

Yes, all the QB's were lied to, but the reaction by each of them were different.

Kenny is now in a worse situation than before. I hope it works out in the long run.

His teammates clearly lost faith in him once they saw Rudolph’s performance using the same offense. So much so, a group of leaders on the team actively lobbied for Wilson to sign with the Steelers. This pissed off Kenny
Have any of the skill players lobbied for Kenny?

I believe Kenny committed to Temple out of high school. Then he got a better opportunity and reneged and signed with Pitt. Did Kenny lie to Temple? Or did the situation change?

The parallels are the same. The Steelers committed to Kenny until a better situation presented its self. Wilson became available at the right price and the Steelers took advantage of it. Whether the Steelers made the right decision is TBD.

Yes, all the QB's were lied to, but the reaction by each of them were different.

Kenny is now in a worse situation than before. I hope it works out in the long run.
Unfortunately, Philly is a far more stable organization than Pittsburgh. Last 2 times they played each other once with Kenny once with Ben, they beat 💩 down the Steelers legs. Trust me I have family in Philly they love to remind me 🤣. But your comparison is simple minded. You have presented a classic strawman argument (it's actually rather common around here). Essentially you shifted the argument to make it easier to argue against. What the hell does the school he chose out of High School have anything to do with how the organization that he was Under Contract with treated him....... Some people try too hard.

Unfortunately, Philly is a far more stable organization than Pittsburgh. Last 2 times they played each other once with Kenny once with Ben, they beat 💩 down the Steelers legs. Trust me I have family in Philly they love to remind me 🤣. But your comparison is simple minded. You have presented a classic strawman argument (it's actually rather common around here). Essentially you shifted the argument to make it easier to argue against. What the hell does the school he chose out of High School have anything to do with how the organization that he was Under Contract with treated him....... Some people try too hard.
So a lie by an 18 year old should be swept under the rug? His situation changed and he made a decision based on what was best for him, as did the Steelers.

Life isn't fair. You can't worry about what other people do (Steelers lying), you can only control your situation.

He had two choices: Suck it up until you get a shot at Free Agency (See Rudolph) and can chose where you go, or force your way out of town to a worse situation. You're right, some people try too hard...

Now let's see if Zach Wilson has learned anything by all this...

So you think The Eagles have been a more stable organization than the Steelers? Honestly? Because the Eagles beat them twice? If you are a Steelers fan, you already know that the Steelers have been one of the most consistently successful teams for a long long time. Other than some years in the 80s and a couple one off years here and there, theyve been great for 50 years. The eagles don't come remotely close to that.

Also, the Eagles "franchise" QBs seem to have an unusually short shelf life don't they?

Last edited:
So a lie by an 18 year old should be swept under the rug? His situation changed and he made a decision based on what was best for him, as did the Steelers.

Life isn't fair. You can't worry about what other people do (Steelers lying), you can only control your situation.

He had two choices: Suck it up until you get a shot at Free Agency (See Rudolph) and can chose where you go, or force your way out of town to a worse situation. You're right, some people try too hard...

Now let's see if Zach Wilson has learned anything by all this...
If people aren't also questioning the rather curious timing of that DK article, I don't know what to tell them. Like Steelers inside sources came to him the morning he gets traded to talk about something that happened 4 months ago? I mean c'mon.

So you think The Eagles have been a more stable organization than the Steelers? Honestly? Because the Eagles beat them twice? If you are a Steelers fan, you already know that the Steelers have been one of the most consistently successful teams for a long long time. Other than some years in the 80s and a couple one off years here and there, theyve been great for 50 years. The eagles don't come remotely close to that.

Also, the Eagles "franchise" QBs seem to have an unusually short shelf life don't they?
Dude stop living in the past. As of right now yes they are. Listen, I grew up a die hard Steelers fan remember dancing in the streets waving my terrible towels as cars drove by honking after SB 43. Things haven't been that way for a while in Pittsburgh. I think Tomlin is overrated, I know some disagree. Eagles have been to 2 Super Bowls in the same span the Pittsburgh hasn't won a playoff game so yeah ...I think that is more stable.

Did you read the part about Kenny hearing what he wanted to hear?
He said he didn't know if that was it, but F what Kenny heard. Tomlin stood at the podium in front of the world and when asked if Kenny would be QB1 going into the spring he said with no hesitation YES. Now do I need to post the clip or do you remember that. What the F is up with you people and your selective memory?

Dude stop living in the past. As of right now yes they are. Listen, I grew up a die hard Steelers fan remember dancing in the streets waving my terrible towels as cars drove by honking after SB 43. Things haven't been that way for a while in Pittsburgh. I think Tomlin is overrated, I know some disagree. Eagles have been to 2 Super Bowls in the same span the Pittsburgh hasn't won a playoff game so yeah ...I think that is more stable.
Not the past. Who do you think has a better record the last 10 years even considering the fact the Eagles get to play 4 games against Washington and the Giants every year? Sorry I'm not impressed by One.Superbowl.Ever just because it was like 6 years ago.

People, DK is a self-absorbed idiot whose opinions change as required by the tide. He is a lightweight with insecurity issues, a mammoth undeserved ego, and apparently an unquenched thirst for threesomes with his wife. I am surprised anything he wrote on his pathetic site is considered to be thread worthy.

Dejan is reiterating what he posted earlier about it being total BS that Pickett refused to suit up because he would be a backup. Maybe not revealing, but since some media (and supposed Pitt fans here) have been jumping on to the narrative again that Pickett pouted and refused to dress for that game it bears repeating
Not only that he points to the fact that Tomlin hasn’t really ever had to manage any QB situation… keys to the Ferrari … etc… which explains his complete mishandling of Pickett and Rudolph as well…

It’s definitely a fair point to make

Now comes the bad stuff:

Would you be happy working for a staff that lies to you?

I wanted Pickett to be superstar. 24 games convinced me— he is not a NFL caliber starting QB.
Common sense. Early in the week before the Seattle game Pickett said I am ready and healthy to play ( medic determination not issued). Practiced all week as possible QB1. On Thursday medical cleared him but Tomlin ( rightfully so given Rudolph week before) informed him was QB2 for Seattle game. Picket has fit— says” if not good enough to be starter he is not dressing. Steeler create cover story and say he was not QB 3 ( ridiculous since QB 3’s have minimal chance to play— and if inserted you can protect QB3 by running ball if health concern). Picket acted like an undeserving diva. Pissed his teammates off. Lost respect for him. Reminded me of Peach Bowl. Good riddance !This is the Gospel according to HailPitt!

I wanted Pickett to be superstar. 24 games convinced me— he is not a NFL caliber starting QB.
Common sense. Early in the week before the Seattle game Pickett said I am ready and healthy to play ( medic determination not issued). Practiced all week as possible QB1. On Thursday medical cleared him but Tomlin ( rightfully so given Rudolph week before) informed him was QB2 for Seattle game. Picket has fit— says” if not good enough to be starter he is not dressing. Steeler create cover story and say he was not QB 3 ( ridiculous since QB 3’s have minimal chance to play— and if inserted you can protect QB3 by running ball if health concern). Picket acted like an undeserving diva. Pissed his teammates off. Lost respect for him. Reminded me of Peach Bowl. Good riddance !This is the Gospel according to HailPitt!
You are entitled to your opinion. With that being said, how do we know what story to believe? You have one "insider" say this, another saying the exact opposite. Gerry dulac claimed from "sources" that the Steelers weren't bringing in competition, but a veteran back-up. Now, his "sources" claim that Pickett cancelled a session with his receivers, maybe all 1 of them?

You made a quote about Pickett being an undeserving diva, well the guy that is replacing him, had his own office for a year in Denver.

My issue starts with the head coach. He has mangled the offense the last 3 years but is not being criticized. I have been a fan for over 50 years, but I will tell you 1 thing, I have never been as disgusted with this organization as I am now.

He said he didn't know if that was it, but F what Kenny heard. Tomlin stood at the podium in front of the world and when asked if Kenny would be QB1 going into the spring he said with no hesitation YES. Now do I need to post the clip or do you remember that. What the F is up with you people and your selective memory?
The heard what he wanted to hear was in reference to Wilson being signed. What the F is up with you people not comprehending simple statements? Kenny is a quitter, live with it.

🙄🙄🙄 KP never had a chance from the start here. Too many media clowns, lack of talent around him and didn't fit into the toxic stiller culture here. I did not want the stillers to draft him. I'm not caught up in the yinzer love affair. H2P!!!!
No matter what the Stiller’s did Kenny handled it poorly. This is big boy football and he acted immaturely.

We beat them in 2020. Philly felt the wrath of the Canada-Claypool Connection.

Would any of you want to work for a boss that lied to you and about.
No, but many times I have had no choice. You come to work, work your a** off, others notice, and when you get your chance you leave for the first opportunity to better yourself. I understand that some people never have to experience this, some who are gifted enough to never have to work for some else, some who are born with a silver spoon in their mouth, some who plain old have good bosses etc., etc but I've had about 50/50. If you think the boss man is gonna let you hold the company back when the workers around you may be better, well good luck..

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
There’s plenty off blame to go around to ALL parties. Yes even our Pitt guy Kenny. But this stuff is ruthless and it seems many forget.

Nobody knew Pickett would have the breakout year he did as a senior. If Narduzzi somehow had some stud transfer who wanted to play here we may never have never seen Kenny’s senior season.

Not saying any of it’s right, but that’s just the way it is. Winning means more than your word. And it’s not gonna change. Ever.

Reactions: TD_6082
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT