ADVERTISEMENT

Rebuilding our program like Arizona State

Honestly back a few years ago when it was obvious that Jamie was winding down I desperately wanted us to land Bobby Hurley but even then I never expected anything quite like this, even if Arizona State was always a sleeping basketball giant.

I'll weigh in on RPI v Pomeroy later but, long story short, no one should ever be all in on any one metric, even if it is your own, but RPI is literally the worst one if you are trying to predict future results.

When will you losers posing as Pitt fans quit with this constant referencing of Dixon? He's gone and isn't coming back. What's happening now is all on Stallings.

Hurley came to ASU from Buffalo. Pitt fans have this silly notion that Pitt should be able to steal elite coaches from other P5 programs. It doesn't work that way. Pitt, like every other non elite program, has three choices when they hire a coach. High level assistant; successful coach at a mid level conference school; or a retread. Pitt fans look at a coach like King Rice, and say, "I want to see him prove himself at a higher level". The problem is, that once he goes to a higher level and proves himself, he is no longer within Pitt's reach. Pitt could have landed either of the Hurleys when they were at Wagner, and Buffalo, but we didn't need a coach then. It's too late now.

Hurley came to ASU from Buffalo. Pitt fans have this silly notion that Pitt should be able to steal elite coaches from other P5 programs. It doesn't work that way. Pitt, like every other non elite program, has three choices when they hire a coach. High level assistant; successful coach at a mid level conference school; or a retread. Pitt fans look at a coach like King Rice, and say, "I want to see him prove himself at a higher level". The problem is, that once he goes to a higher level and proves himself, he is no longer within Pitt's reach. Pitt could have landed either of the Hurleys when they were at Wagner, and Buffalo, but we didn't need a coach then. It's too late now.

Nailed it. Miller family wishes aside, I talked to Pitt fans thought we could get Gregg Marshall, who has no reason to take another job until Kansas or the NBA comes calling. It's not a hoops town to put it nicely...

Reactions: Pittfan85
Honestly back a few years ago when it was obvious that Jamie was winding down I desperately wanted us to land Bobby Hurley but even then I never expected anything quite like this, even if Arizona State was always a sleeping basketball giant.

I'll weigh in on RPI v Pomeroy later but, long story short, no one should ever be all in on any one metric, even if it is your own, but RPI is literally the worst one if you are trying to predict future results.

-Here we go again.

-Last year, the Top 8 teams in the RPI collected ALL the #1 and # 2 seeds in the NCAA Tournament.

-And 2 of those teams played for the National Title again, with the #5 team winning using pretournament RPI data for selection purposes.

Seriously, Stallings needed to recruit better players to Pitt his last couple of years at Vandy. If he wasn't so selfishly focusing on Vandy all those years we would be I'm much better shape right now.

When will you losers posing as Pitt fans quit with this constant referencing of Dixon? He's gone and isn't coming back. What's happening now is all on Stallings.

And 2 of those teams played for the National Title again, with the #5 team winning using pretournament RPI data for selection purposes.

You know that in the championship game the number 3 Pomeroy team from before the tournament started beat the number one Pomeroy team from before the tournament started for the title, right?

I think we can all agree that the system where the number three team beat the number one team in the championship game actually did a better job getting things right than the system with the number five team beating the number eight team, can't we?

You know that in the championship game the number 3 Pomeroy team from before the tournament started beat the number one Pomeroy team from before the tournament started for the title, right?

I think we can all agree that the system where the number three team beat the number one team in the championship game actually did a better job getting things right than the system with the number five team beating the number eight team, can't we?
Do you have a link to his archives? All I see on his website are his final rankings, which include the NCAAT results. Thank you.

Do you have a link to his archives? All I see on his website are his final rankings, which include the NCAAT results. Thank you.

If you go to the individual team pages it tells you what the team was ranked when each game was played. So if you go to North Carolina's page you can see that they were 3rd when they played Texas Southern in the 1st round, 4th when they played Arkansas, 5th when they played Butler, 5th when they played Kentucky, 3rd when they played Oregon and 3rd when they played Gonzaga. Gonzaga was 1st in the country from the time they played Portland in late January all the way through the rest of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT