ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting update: Recruits at Sunday's practice

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Just came in from the media practice window. I'll have notes on what happened on the field, but here's a rundown on the recruits who were in attendance.

2016 Central Catholic DB Damar Hamlin
2016 Central Catholic DL Rashad Wheeler
2016 Upper St. Clair OL Brandon Ford
2016 Arlington (Va.) Bishop O'Connell LB Landan Word
2016 Bishop McDevitt WR Kobay White
2016 Arlington (Va.) Bishop O'Connell OL Jay Jay McCargo
2016 Potomac (Md.) Bullis School LB Cameron Brown
2016 Bishop McDevitt DB Joe Joe Headen
2016 Akron (Oh.) Garfield DB Jataris Grant
2016 Central Catholic DB Bricen Garner
2016 Central Catholic LB Ron George

- 2015 Pitt signees Jordan Whitehead, Tre Tipton and Dane Jackson were also at practice.

- Hamlin, Wheeler, Ford, White, McCargo and Brown have offers from Pitt, and Word got an offer during his visit.

- Early on, Ford was spending a lot of time with McCargo, Tipton was spending a lot of time with White and Whitehead was talking to Hamlin a good amount.

- Ford told me he got there early in the day and had been at Pitt for several hours. I suspect the other recruits had been there for awhile, too.

- Ford and Wheeler both seem to be favoring Pitt early, and both seemed to be enjoying themselves quite a bit at practice.

- For his part, Pat Narduzzi was doing what head coaches are supposed to do during practice: monitoring the on-field work and talking with recruits. I saw him get plenty of one-on-one time with the top targets (Hamlin, Ford, Wheeler, etc.).

- We'll check in with those recruits later for reactions to practice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News