ADVERTISEMENT

Reed's blog?

cupkafan

Scholarship
Nov 9, 2017
What gives this guy special expertise to post his anti Duzz rants? Discuss.

Last edited:
Reed is playing the game of saying controversial/outrageous comments to attract hits to his site I’ve dropped in and it’s basically him and a few other ynzers bantering back and forth

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
Reed is the ultimate blowhard. Likes to expound on his inside status but brings nothing to the table in terms of insight and knowledge. He is a crybaby because Duzz doesn't recognize his superior intellect and skills. The anti Duzz bias is obvious. He actually knew Chantez Moss left the team before we did and felt compelled to let us know he knew before we did. Well gee thanks Mr. Obvious. He wallows in his alleged inside status.

Haven't been to his site. What's he saying that has everyone's panties in a bunch? I met him a few times in the Wanny days through some players' parents whom we both knew. Back then, he was legit. He had more inside info than just about anyone and was really cool about keeping lots of it off the boards. Just hanging out with him was a bit different though. He is a true Pitt fan and Pitt man. Can't believe he would say or print anything to bash Pitt. Hell, he knew stuff during the Wanny days that would put Pitt into the dregs of 1aa if it got out. That may be why he gets inside info. He knows where the skeletons are buried.

Reactions: Mikefln
WHO IS REED?

He's a retired USCG Lieutenant Commander who is a Pitt fan, and writes a blog about Pitt football / sports. He attended Pitt for a while before joining the Coast Guard. He's from the Pittsburgh area, but lives in Maryland.

His blog has gotten him a press pass, so he is able to attend practices, etc.

Some people think his opinion is worthy of reading on a regular basis. Other's don't. Kinda like a lot of folks on this site.

https://about.me/rkohberger

https://graphtreon.com/creator/pittpov

Last edited:
Sounds like there's no NEED to READ REED. Right?! Right?!... I'll see myself out.

Reactions: Swervin27
Reed's a great guy. I don't get the venom directed towards him. Maybe people are jealous because their claim to fame is trolling and he actually has a nice blog and a pass to see the team

I will have to also say I never heard of him and have no idea who Reed is and Ive been on this board since the Locker Room days in 2002-2003???
call me crazy but im on here every day for over a decade and until this week, have never once heard the reference to Reed or his blog. vuk's blog yes, never heard of reed though.

Reactions: President Stache
He was a mainstay on the scout board for years. It seems like this blog went to his head because he was a good dude back then.

Reactions: rockypanther
Reed is a first class blowhard. Loves to trade on his alleged "access" which I think is non existent.

The internet is a breeding ground for sickos working in anonymity.....obviously I’m not talking about Reed.

Reed is a good man and frankly doesn’t deserve this. But unfortunately it’s nothing for a person to create a username and spout hate.

Reactions: Ski11585
I am Reed. I wrote for the Pitt Blather and then started my own blog in June of 2016. There are some big misconceptions in this thread...

First off ”hits” on my blog meant nothing. I didn't carry advertising so never made a penny. I live in Maryland and spent thousands of dollars travelling to and from practices, events, games, etc... So money was never a consideration.

Second I never once said I was any Insider in any way shape or form. What I wrote that I have a lot of friends that are working at Pitt, on the Board of Trustees and are donors there in addition I've met people through being at practices and being at the games in the Press Box and other places where I get to talk to people.

I specifically wrote many times that I didn't talk to the staff coaches. However I do know player alumni and their parents and often write about our conversations.

The whole intent of the POV is to provide detailed and civil discussion about Pitt football... What I wrote, and my opinions, strong as the are, were not the main part of the blog - it was the many comments that were the draw and what made it so popular.

It certainly isn't to everyone's taste as you can tell from the above comments but is was a great place to talk about Pitt and it's sports teams.

I'm on hiatus now and may start up again in the spring for spring ball, anyone is welcome to join in if they want to converse about Pitt in more than 1 or 2 sentences.

Now, in the POV's first 12 months I wrote 332 full length articles and those generated 42,000 + comments. That isn't a typo. The readership eclipsed every other non-commercial blog about Pitt football, and is read in 102 countries.

We started POV gameday tailgates, and get togethers so that like minded Pitt fans could put names to faces... Something message boards don't do. That is the fun part.

The reality is that is is less "my" blog than it is the readers and commenters.

I am Reed. I wrote for the Pitt Blather and then started my own blog in June of 2016. There are some big misconceptions in this thread...

First off ”hits” on my blog meant nothing. I didn't carry advertising so never made a penny. I live in Maryland and spent thousands of dollars travelling to and from practices, events, games, etc... So money was never a consideration.

Second I never once said I was any Insider in any way shape or form. What I wrote that I have a lot of friends that are working at Pitt, on the Board of Trustees and are donors there in addition I've met people through being at practices and being at the games in the Press Box and other places where I get to talk to people.

I specifically wrote many times that I didn't talk to the staff coaches. However I do know player alumni and their parents and often write about our conversations.

The whole intent of the POV is to provide detailed and civil discussion about Pitt football... What I wrote, and my opinions, strong as the are, were not the main part of the blog - it was the many comments that were the draw and what made it so popular.

It certainly isn't to everyone's taste as you can tell from the above comments but is was a great place to talk about Pitt and it's sports teams.

I'm on hiatus now and may start up again in the spring for spring ball, anyone is welcome to join in if they want to converse about Pitt in more than 1 or 2 sentences.

Now, in the POV's first 12 months I wrote 332 full length articles and those generated 42,000 + comments. That isn't a typo. The readership eclipsed every other non-commercial blog about Pitt football, and is read in 102 countries.

We started POV gameday tailgates, and get togethers so that like minded Pitt fans could put names to faces... Something message boards don't do. That is the fun part.

The reality is that is is less "my" blog than it is the readers and commenters.

this was nicely stated.

I dont know you, but I have read Pitt Blather I think. As for tail gating, I would love to hear about that. We come to about 3 games a year and travel to 2 a year on average, and I always walk past the many tailgates but never once tail-gated, as I feel weird asking, and never has one volunteered to let us join.

Please in box me, sounds like a good thing for next year.

The POV tailgates are next to Red 5 Parking garage in the corner closest to the building.

Hard to miss as the guy who does the tailgate, not me BTW, flys ”POV" and a ”PITT SCRIPT" flags from a 20 foot flagpole...donated for the cause by a reader in North Carolina.

Very eclectic group of fans there and we party before and after the game...all are welcome next season. Hope to see you there.

Now we are running BB game threads on the blog for those who want to engage in that.

The POV tailgates are next to Red 5 Parking garage in the corner closest to the building.

Hard to miss as the guy who does the tailgate, not me BTW, flys ”POV" and a ”PITT SCRIPT" flags from a 20 foot flagpole...donated for the cause by a reader in North Carolina.

Very eclectic group of fans there and we party before and after the game...all are welcome next season. Hope to see you there.

Now we are running BB game threads on the blog for those who want to engage in that.

I'm a frequent visitor of Chas's Blather, Reed's Pitt POV and here on Chris's Panther-lair, and PSN too. I enjoy all four. I wanted to add that each site adds a unique perspective to the discussions we all enjoy. In these frustrating times, Reeds articles and the comments they've drawn are quit refreshing, original and unique. I haven't always agreed with the articles or the comments, in many cases however, the observations and opinions have been spot on. The POV's slant will be missed, it clearly has been a refreshing if not bold take on Pitt Football. Enjoy your time off Reed!

Reactions: MajorMajors
I’ve gotten to know Reed a bit from his POV site, the POV tailgate (hosted by LastRow Fran), and the POV golf outing (organized by ErieExpress).

Reed Is a great Pitt fan. What he didn’t say in his post above is that he was the first I read anywhere to rather emphatically predict that some transfer named Nate Peterman, who hadn’t done crap at Tennessee, would beat out Chad Voytik. He also was correct in assessing last spring that Max Browne would be ineffective in Pitt’s offense (based mainly on some info he got talking to USC people familiar with MB) and that some true freshman named Pickett was clearly the best QB on the team.

BTW, a big reason Reed is cutting way back on his POV activity is that he did one of those interviews at the Smithsonian where they capture military service veterans’ experiences. This experience has led Reed to himself go and interview elderly Veterans for the Smithsonian. This work, and other volunteer work, is now occupying a lot of Reed’s time.

I’m proud to know the old blowhard, Reed.

Go Pitt

I’ve gotten to know Reed a bit from his POV site, the POV tailgate (hosted by LastRow Fran), and the POV golf outing (organized by ErieExpress).

Reed Is a great Pitt fan. What he didn’t say in his post above is that he was the first I read anywhere to rather emphatically predict that some transfer named Nate Peterman, who hadn’t done crap at Tennessee, would beat out Chad Voytik. He also was correct in assessing last spring that Max Browne would be ineffective in Pitt’s offense (based mainly on some info he got talking to USC people familiar with MB) and that some true freshman named Pickett was clearly the best QB on the team.

BTW, a big reason Reed is cutting way back on his POV activity is that he did one of those interviews at the Smithsonian where they capture military service veterans’ experiences. This experience has led Reed to himself go and interview elderly Veterans for the Smithsonian. This work, and other volunteer work, is now occupying a lot of Reed’s time.

I’m proud to know the old blowhard, Reed.

Go Pitt
Me too, met Reed in 05 and have enjoyed our time together over the years.As far as Reed getting any information from me,Nate kept things pretty much to himself to himself.The only time i received anything was when Shady was going to commit to Pitt during a party after a Pitt BB game before it was officially announced,and I put it on the old board, pissed off Nate. Reed and I still keep in touch..

Reed is a member of the Maryland Mafia. When I lived down there I had the chance to partake in a few beverages and eats at a local watering hole for the PITT/Utah game with him PItt22, Keebler, and Donkey from the old Scout board. All great Pitt men.

Give me any PITT site ----and I'll read it / I'll go there......and be happy with it!!!!
any Pitt info is good with me.......even better when its free.

Ditto - - Reed is a good dude and tells it like it is. Puts a ton of time and effort in to his site.

Reactions: bobfree
I know who Reed is but I have never read his blog and I don’t know him personally. I don’t know anyone on this board personally. I suspect that I do know some of you, but I don’t know who is whom.

As far as I am concerned, anyone who is passionate about the Pitt Panthers is my kind of guy. I don’t have to agree with you all the time, or really even very often. However, if you’re passionate about the issue then we probably have something in common.

Some of my closest friends are guys that I never agree with about much of anything.

So what?!

The key is the shared passion, not the individual perspectives within that passion.

Basically, we have become a country of snowflakes - on both sides of the political aisle. Far too many people take any disagreement personally. That’s extraordinarily frustrating but that’s what we’ve become.

Somebody who agrees with you on 85% of the issues but disagrees with you on 15% of them, is not your enemy. More people need to realize that.

Reed doesn't even attend Pitt games. Sits at home and yammers about his inside status from the computer keyboard. He bitches that Duzz shuts him out of practice and then claims he is an insider. He is a blowhard whose ego pushes him to negativity. Reed is all about ego.

Reed doesn't even attend Pitt games. Sits at home and yammers about his inside status from the computer keyboard. He bitches that Duzz shuts him out of practice and then claims he is an insider. He is a blowhard whose ego pushes him to negativity. Reed is all about ego.

Jesus, I go to 6 or 7 games every year driving 460 miles round trip and getting a hotel room to do so. Plus I drive up for LOI Day, spring and fall practices - some that is because since they are closed it is pretty futile to drive for up them - Media Day, Pro Timing Day, etc...

Last season I made a total of14 trips to PGH to get info about Pitt football and that was done when the vast majority of Pitt fans who live in WPA won't even take a few hours and attend the Spring Games.

Look, I get that you hate the POV blog and for some reason can't stand me or what I do... But try not to flat out lie when insulting me. My email is on the front of the blog or you can meet me at the Spring Game POV tailgate so we can discuss your bitching so that when you criticize at least you'll be somewhat accurate.

What you have written in this thread just isn't correct. Most of it...I do have a big ego but rest assured that need was satisfied many times over way before I ever started writing about Pitt football.

That will be all from me on here.

Cupkafan, you could not possibly have Reed any more accurately than you have him. And despite being shown that what you say is inaccurate you persist in your nonsense. That makes you Mr. Buttercup because you hide behind your anonymity when you libel a man who is five times the man you are. My earnest suggestion is that you just acknowledge to yourself that you are wrong and stop. No one will think less of you because guess what, we don’t know who you are. So please Mr. Buttercup Cupkafan help yourself and drop your anti-Reed drivel.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT