ADVERTISEMENT

Remember Elijah Minnie

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
He's averaging 17 and 6 at Eastern Michigan.

Would you take him as a grad transfer? Start him and Luther inside. Have Stevenson come off the bench.

RMU transfers have done extremely well transferring to higher levels and its amazing that Andy Toole recruited better talent to RMU than Jamie did to Pitt.

Minnie reminds me of DeAndre Kane in the sense he was ignored by Pitt, some because he was a marginal recruit, more because there were character issues. Getting kicked off RMU probably doesn't help and with what Stallings went through with seniors Artis and Young, not sure he's want to take a chance on Minnie but the dude can play.

Would you take him as a grad transfer? Start him and Luther inside. Have Stevenson come off the bench.

RMU transfers have done extremely well transferring to higher levels and its amazing that Andy Toole recruited better talent to RMU than Jamie did to Pitt.

Minnie reminds me of DeAndre Kane in the sense he was ignored by Pitt, some because he was a marginal recruit, more because there were character issues. Getting kicked off RMU probably doesn't help and with what Stallings went through with seniors Artis and Young, not sure he's want to take a chance on Minnie but the dude can play.

Minnie's character issues where significant. Talent was not really the question, even for Pitt.

Hopefully his success at EMU means he has put this behind him.

Minnie's character issues where significant. Talent was not really the question, even for Pitt.

Hopefully his success at EMU means he has put this behind him.

Assuming he wanted to transfer, what would DT do?

Was he immature as a freshman...yes. But kids can grow up and mature as they age. I would most definitely take him as he could really help.

Reactions: DiehardPanther

Yes - we need talented players.

He’s a Monessen native but I doubt he wants to come here now after not getting a scholarship offer before

He’s a Monessen native but I doubt he wants to come here now after not getting a scholarship offer before

If Minnie decides to grad transfer, whether or not he picks Pitt will have nothing to do with Jamie Dixon not offering him a scholarship 4 years ago.

It wouldn’t be about Jamie. It would be the fact that he was in their back yard and they didn’t give him a chance before, why should he go there now. His feelings might have changed since the last time a close friend of his spoke to me about him but if he feels the same as before, he won’t come here.

If Minnie decides to grad transfer, whether or not he picks Pitt will have nothing to do with Jamie Dixon not offering him a scholarship 4 years ago.

We're talking about a grad transfer? No disrespect intended to the young man, and I may well be totally misinformed about this, but I was under the impression that he was academically marginal at RMU. In order to "grad transfer", don't you have to actually be admitted to a graduate program?

ADVERTISEMENT