ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when San Diego State was in the Big East for a minute?

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
After Pitt and Syracuse left, the Big East added Temple, UCF, Houston, SMU and the football programs of Boise State and San Diego State (who would play all other sports in the Big West). They even had a schedule put out for the 1st season if I remember correctly

After Pitt and Syracuse left, the Big East added Temple, UCF, Houston, SMU and the football programs of Boise State and San Diego State (who would play all other sports in the Big West). They even had a schedule put out for the 1st season if I remember correctly
Yeah, nothing says EAST like San Diego.

Reactions: columbus mike
It would’ve been a wild time to be a Boise State fan. You’re in the WAC, then you join the MWC, then you join the Big East for a minute, then finally almost join a combined MWC/C-USA super-conference.

It would’ve been a wild time to be a Boise State fan. You’re in the WAC, then you join the MWC, then you join the Big East for a minute, then finally almost join a combined MWC/C-USA super-conference.
In a 15 year period Louisville went from being an independent to a member of Conference USA, Big East, American and the ACC.

I knew that San Diego State, Boise State, Houston and the others would never play in the Big East. TCU had been trying to get into the Big 12 for years and when they finally got the invite they dumped the Big East and then it all fell apart.

In a 15 year period Louisville went from being an independent to a member of Conference USA, Big East, American and the ACC.

I knew that San Diego State, Boise State, Houston and the others would never play in the Big East. TCU had been trying to get into the Big 12 for years and when they finally got the invite they dumped the Big East and then it all fell apart.

Houston did play in the organization formerly named the Big East. It was the same organization we were in but they changed their name.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT