ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Pitt hires WR Coach

On this issue of whether these FCS guys can recruit at the FBS level:

1. Recruiting is sales--the quality and desirability of the product you're selling is the most important part of the equation. These FCS guys now have a lot more to sell on the recruiting trail. They will not be hunting FCS talent. Nor will they be pulling top 20 classes, because they are handicapped by the product they are selling.
2. Beyond the product, recruiting is hustle and putting in the time and effort. These new guys are young, ambitious and hungry. We had a bunch of guys with one ass cheek in their lazy-boys out there, understandably sick andtired of leaving their familes constantly to hit the road and grovel to entitled 18 year old kids for months at a time. They became jaded and simply weren't hungry anymore, and I don;t blame them. I suspect we will now at least see a more energetic, dynamic effort.
3. Let's face it--we had a couple of good recruiters on the staff that we lost, Partridge being foremost among them. But most of the guys on the offensive side--Powell, Salem, Cig, Borbs--were NOT getting it done. Period. And Narduzzi has not proven to be any kind of closer that has the juice and charisma to swing a kid with a strong offer sheet--especially on the offensive side.
4. Is there anyone who can say with a straight face that they were energized and optmistic going into the thick of the recruiting season the past several years? I for one am just happy to have some recruiting intrigue and optimism to look forward to.
5. Major changes were needed. We weren't gonna go out and find some 32 year old Joe Brady/Ben Johnson/Kendall Briles wunderkind from another FBS program or from the NFL. So I think Narduzi, to his credit, did what he felt was the next best thing. It's a gamble, but so was Cignetti. The difference is, this time the outcome of the gamble is not a foregone conclusion.

Pretty much. Borbs and Powell were on cruise control. Powell's special teams have been deteriorating for years. No clue what was going on with the RBs last year. Can't say there was much improvement with the OL either. Guys weren't really getting better.

Salem seemed like a good dude, but geeze the TE position has been a problem for years.

Cignetti was a disaster who recruited and started a QB with a dead arm. Our best QB was relegated to 3rd string.

I have no idea how good the new guys are, but it won't be hard to be an improvement. How much of an improvement will be the key.

Other than a few players, Pitt's recruiting on the offensive side has been ass. There just haven't been many playmakers. It hasn't been working. In that regard, you really don't have to do much to exceed what has been happening so does it really matter when you know you weren't getting some top level coach/recruiter?

This fan base is weird. Expectations always seem to be higher than what we know is possible/likely.

Here’s Chris’ Morning Pitt.

Does the staff know what it takes to win at this level?”

This includes recruiting. Doesn’t mean they can’t, but it’s a concern.

Pay attention….He sums it up nicely…

Well of course not! We should all care about what you think! Forgive me for sharing another point of view!
I couldn't care less about what anyone thinks of me.

Just as I don't care about appealing to someone perceived to be in a position of knowledge. Appealing to authority doesn't make an opinion any better. It's fine to refer to another's opinion, but don't tell me to "Pay attention".

Why would you?
You’re a casual fan .
Only here to troll
I'm a devoted fan with 2 Pitt degrees.

But I also know that recruiting to Pitt has its limits and the current recruiting +/- a tad is about what can be expected ... unlike the haters like you.

I couldn't care less about what anyone thinks of me.

Just as I don't care about appealing to someone perceived to be in a position of knowledge. Appealing to authority doesn't make an opinion any better. It's fine to refer to another's opinion, but don't tell me to "Pay attention".
What makes you think my reply was directed at you? Simmer down youngster! If you want this to be about you, then so be it!

Well obviously, some of us haven’t met your standard of fandom on this free message board. Clearly, we do everything wrong…

A. We travel to games (road and home) as far as Texas.

B. We donate whatever we can to the program.

C. We buy merchandise directly from the university.

But you? Oh, no. That’s too easy. You take the high road.

A. Don’t attend games. Road or home.

B. Don’t donate to the program.

C. Shows up to the free message board and critiques posters, whenever they share concerns about the program they support. This includes; choice of words, adjectives and pronouns that might offend you. You might even refer to posters as “clowns” a dozen times.

Yes sir! If we only had more fans like you, we’d be at the bottom of the FCS rankings….

Why would you?
You’re a casual fan .
Only here to troll
Nonsense! We’re in the presence of a righteous man! He uses the excuse of going to his church on Sunday for not attending games (which I seriously doubt is the real reason, but nevertheless). This gives him the moral high ground to sit in the judgement of others! Who needs Pharisees?! We got NCPitt!

I'm a devoted fan with 2 Pitt degrees.

But I also know that recruiting to Pitt has its limits and the current recruiting +/- a tad is about what can be expected ... unlike the haters like you.
Yeah…. As long as it’s cheap!

So you say you have two degrees. So what? Most of the posters on this board have a degree from Pitt as well. Your $hit still stinks like the rest of us.

How about showing some alumni pride and contribute to the future? Until then, keep your big trap shut and let the real fans carry the load….

Last edited:
What makes you think my reply was directed at you? Simmer down youngster! If you want this to be about you, then so be it!

Well obviously, some of us haven’t met your standard of fandom on this free message board. Clearly, we do everything wrong…

A. We travel to games (road and home) as far as Texas.

B. We donate whatever we can to the program.

C. We buy merchandise directly from the university.

But you? Oh, no. That’s too easy. You take the high road.

A. Don’t attend games. Road or home.

B. Don’t donate to the program.

C. Shows up to the free message board and critiques posters, whenever they share concerns about the program they support. This includes; choice of words, adjectives and pronouns that might offend you. You might even refer to posters as “clowns” a dozen times.

Yes sir! If we only had more fans like you, we’d be at the bottom of the FCS rankings….
I think it was directed at anyone who read it, including me.

Youngster? I graduated in '78.

I also believe collegiate sports has a secondary role to education. Any money I would spend would be toward that end. That doesn't reduce my "fandom" toward Pitt to a lower level than you despite your apparent belief.

Yeah…. As long as it’s cheap!

So you say you have two degrees. So what? Most of the posters on this board have a degree from Pitt as well. Your $hit still stinks like the rest of us.

How about showing some alumni pride and contribute to the future? Until then, keep your big trap shut and let the real fans carry the load….
LOL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT